• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland - Season 6 - Sundays on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario_O

There is no plot twist. Keane dramatically overreacted to an attack on her, almost exactly like the entire USA overreacted to 9-11. It's makes complete sense for her character.

But we know where her character is heading (teased by Dar Adal), she's going to become some crazy Stalin 2.0 in next the season.

Theorry

Uch got spoiled by the official YT channel thumbnail and name. So stupid.
Really curious what next season is gonna be. No idea.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Ah, I knew they couldn't resist doing a season post mortem. They waited until the last 30 mins instead of the entirety of the last episode but they did it.

I'm betting the threat next season is homegrown. Keane is going to majorly overstep and the writers will dog even deeper into the Fake News cycle.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
The last episode really disappointed me. How did what the president do at the end of the show reflect real life?? It seemed a bit silly to me. Feel like this was the worst season :(

But we know where her character is heading (teased by Dar Adal), she's going to become some crazy Stalin 2.0 in next the season.

I liked the way this season was going all the way until this stuff was teased. It seems like such a shift in her character that wasn't ever really there. Maybe the idea is that the turn of events changed her, but I still don't think she would go all twirly mustache in just 6 weeks.

No one can sleep through Carrie's lower lip tremble.

It's the chin tremble that I can't stand.

darkwing

it's crazy, all what Dar and co. did was turn her into what they feared lol it was a lot better than previous seasons, poor Quinn though

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
So basically, next season we'll only have Saul and Carrie? With perhaps a few appearances by Dar in jail?

They've really culled the cast. Shouldn't have killed the FBI guy at the start of the season.

Teletraan1

Banned
Snipers aren't just going to kill someone in broad daylight in NYC if they aren't posing any kind of threat. If PE, Carrie, got out, and then Quinn with his hands up, everything would have been cool. But yeah he either shouldn't have been as fucked up from the Sarin or they should have just killed him last season.

Did you not notice that they had moved everyone out of that area. It was under complete lockdown by the people who were supposedly brought in to protect. It wasn't until they got out of that area that there were civilians and low and behold the thing you are complaining about took effect as they were unable to kill the president in broad daylight.

ZOONAMI

Did you not notice that they had moved everyone out of that area. It was under complete lockdown by the people who were supposedly brought in to protect. It wasn't until they got out of that area that there were civilians and low and behold the thing you are complaining about took effect as they were unable to kill the president in broad daylight.

So every single cop at the barricade was involved in some grand conspiracy to murder the president elect? They would see if the PE got sniped, if Quinn could see all the snipers up top so could all the police on the ground. It's also to risky as there might still be people watching/filming the street down below from windows. I doubt they could have completely cleared every building on the block in that amount of time.

Quinn actually offed himself by telling Carrie and PE to get down. If other people were visible in the car the barricade wouldn't have fired on them.

Tugatrix

Man they killed Quinn, at least they gave him a hero send off.

Also this set up for season 7 go on this will stick the finger in the wound even farther

Klocker

Im taking this based on what Dal said about there is sonething off about her. I think that this season was made based on the belief HIllary was going to be president and then decided to change it to go to a President Trump route, I think Dal warning a couple of episodes ago to her of "dont go to war with the IC" was the turning point from a plot based on a Clinton presidency to a Trump presidency.
Agreed, I thought the same thing

lol why did Keane offer Carrie that job when she was just going to to turn around and shut her out? Could've just left it as is.

I enjoyed this season, I like that Dar and AJ ended up creating the monster they feared, they weren't the good guys all along they just went head first into a self fulfilling prophecy.

Nodnol

Very much enjoyed this season. I loved where it ended, and how the conspiracy just served to embed so much mistrust, paranoia and suspicion into Keane's mind that they ultimately brought everything they feared to fruitition.

They left the path to the finale ambiguous enough, in terms of Keane, to be able to take a U-turn to mirror real world events. Maybe they had always planned on playing it somewhere down the middle, but I think it'll set up an interesting political dynamic next season.

I'm guessing we're in for a ride. Carrie and Saul colluding to bring down Keane/her chief of staff/advisor? Can they be on the nose about it, and bring in foreign influence?

I just more Saul. My favourite character in Homeland for sure.

Dysun

Excellent season, and one of the best the show has ever done. Really excited to see where they take it next year.
I don't see what's controversial about the finale, unlike last week. Keane overreacting was already evident based on her reaction to the son's video tape, as was the scene where they had to drive through the barricade. There was no alternate safe route there, step out of the car and a sniper would have taken her out. Carrie laid it out pretty clearly by calling it a kill zone.

Quinn was too good to have forever

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Deadline - ‘Homeland’ EP Talks Shocking Season 6 Finale

DEADLINE: When Season 6 opened with a female President-elect about to take office, it felt like you guys may have, as many many people did, seriously misjudged how last year’s election was going to turn out. In fact, I think with Elizabeth Marvel’s marvelous Elizabeth Keane drawing as much on elements of Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump as Hillary Clinton, you found a fictional sweet spot that stayed out of real life’s quicksand. But now, looking back on the season, how much of an issue was the election for Homeland this year?

GANSA: I don’t think you can overstate how much it’s affected the show. We had essentially finished writing episode 8, I believe, by the time the election happened. So once the election happened, we first had to get over the crushing feeling that we were somehow going to be immediately irrelevant when we aired.

DEADLINE: As a creator, a showrunner, how do you jump back from that?

GANSA: You go through the seven stages of grief, or whatever it’s called, and then something very interesting happened. Right as the transition began, right after Trump got elected, it became clear that he was going to be in an adversarial relationship with his own intelligence community. Now that is a storyline that we had put at the very front and center of our alternative narrative. In other words, Elizabeth Keane, when she got elected, came into office with an entirely new agenda, largely because she was being advised by Carrie Mathison.

So when Trump began to mix it up with the CIA, all of a sudden the story that we were telling became insanely relevant in a way that it never would’ve been relevant if Hillary Clinton had been elected. Because Hillary would never have been in an adversarial relationship with her own intelligence community. She was part of that intelligence community in the previous administration. In a strange way, we got it wrong on the gender but we got it dead-on right in the dynamic.

In all fairness, we did write the last four episodes post the election, and we were able to go back into the first eight episodes which we’d already written, some of which we’d already shot, and retrofit some of the ideas that were clearly going to become more germane to what people were seeing in the real world. The whole idea of fake news, the whole idea of sock puppets, the whole idea of this Brett O’Keefe character who is sort of an amalgam of Steve Bannon and Alex Jones.

So in being able to go back and highlight and introduce things earlier as ideas than we had originally planned to do, it made us look more prescient than we actually were.

I actually thought the finale opened up some huge potential storyline with a ton of intrigue if it's like Carrie tries to take the president down.

But I have a feeling they won't go all in.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I actually thought the finale opened up some huge potential storyline with a ton of intrigue if it's like Carrie tries to take the president down.

But I have a feeling they won't go all in.

Or may be she becomes the next POTUS?

LOL. Oh lordy. Homeland being so Homelandy. Amazing. Of all the idiotic, bizarre, ludicrously unmotivated ways the season could have ended, they've chosen the worst of them all.

Fingers crossed that Michael Scofield busts Dar out of prison and they both ride a dragon into battle against Keane, who has since uploaded her brain data into a so-called "Puke Avatar" that tortures distant aliens through webcams.

Predictions:

- Dar and Saul are the same person, Tyler Durden-style

- Carrie becomes president; Frannie becomes VP

- Quinn brought back from the dead, a la Buffy season 6; musical episode

- Extended-extended version of Keane's son's death video released, and it turns out it was shot on a soundstage with Keane directing

- Chris Brody comes back and has a fling with Carrie

Sad to see Quinn go, but I guess he went out strong trying to protect someone he cared about. Dunno how I feel about the halfway point through episode change to next season stuff but it wasn't a bad ep. Was expecting worse from Onion AV score of D+ I glanced at. For some reason I thought something horrible would happen with Max at the end there, with him being dead or throwing up violently and ruining Carrie's meeting, but was glad nothing did. Carrie looked so bad with all that rouge on WTF.

Overall a solid slow burn of a season with some interesting themes. The Quinn stuff was great, with the hostage situation at Carrie's apartment episode being the highlight of the season.

cLOUDo

Very bad finale imo, the pacing was awful
Still very intriguing about a next season with the president as the main "villain"
Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom