• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland - Season 6 - Sundays on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tugatrix

I'm looking forward to the Dar vs. Teabag fist fight.

Oh can imagine Dar going all:

pJSsCC4.gif

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Honestly, I stopped watching after the first season. Has the show changed or improved ?

Changed?
Definitely.

S2-S3 are sequels to S1, S4-5-6 are standalones and are much, much better.

First half of S3 is atrocious, though.

Arttemis

i'm not american so i dont know, but did obama ever had a sit-down interview with an alternative media person. this president-elect is egregiously careless putting herself in that situation

During his transition? Nah. President Obama sitting down with Alex Jones or even Rush Limbaugh during the transition would be absolutely ridiculous. But even in 2008, the alt media climate was different. I guess the show is trying to sell that President elect Keane is so shook by this tape that she's entertaining bad ideas. Bad move, but makes for good TV. She's coming to the realization that facts don't matter to these people.

Obama didn't, but Trump did go on Info Wars. This season is like the fictionalized alternate universe where sides are switched but roughly the same things still happen.

Trump went on the show to support the right wing alt-fact show, Keane goes to confront it.
Trump reveled in pushing fake news and bot-driven stories, Keane reveals it to the public.
Trump is at war with the intelligence community because of his unscrupulous morals and tactics, Keane is at war with them because of her morally-driven opposition to their tactics.

Impressed that in spite of whiffing the actual election result how the show still somehow touches on relevant topics like deep state vs govt . Fake news propaganda etc ...

This.

First half of S3 is atrocious, though.

Whaaat? I thought it was remarkable.

S3 spoilers: Carrie's
testimony and
rift from Saul
all being calculated was genius, and the reveal would have been completely neutered if the viewers were in on it from the start.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
The Carrie and Quinn scenes were quite good. I also liked the scene with the president-elect on the show. Was also kind of incredulous at the explosion, but whatever. This season got really entertaining.

NYR

Howard Stern said it best this week - this show has gone full ridiculous, the bomb was dumb, Quinn is dumb, Quinn walking away from the bomb is dumb, this show has become dumb.

Howard Stern said it best this week - this show has gone full ridiculous, the bomb was dumb, Quinn is dumb, Quinn walking away from the bomb is dumb, this show has become dumb.

Yeah, he's right. There are so many dumb things this season from the amateur assassin to Carrie walking into the house not realizing it's still occupied to Javadi switching side last minute to Dar Adal finding out he was only a pawn in his OWN master plan.....

sinkfla87

Yeah, he's right. There are so many dumb things this season from the amateur assassin to Carrie walking into the house not realizing it's still occupied to Javadi switching side last minute to Dar Adal finding out he was only a pawn in his OWN master plan.....

Agreed. All of the fake out potential deaths happening this season has made me laugh my ass off. By that I mean the plot armor these characters are wearing is a mile thick. I'm starting to think Quinn died last season and in the finale we'll find out he's just been a short circuiting T-1000 this whole season.

This show went full dumb the minute Brody's vest didn't explode in that bunker. They truly had the makings of something ridiculously special there and completely fucked it up. S2-3 were horrid, one of the worst season to season freefalls in quality of all time. It's edged back up to mediocre TV at this point. I just assume dumb shit will happen every week.

jelly

I'm not sure what is going on with Dar, he didn't mind Quinn getting killed but now cares about Quinn's name being used in a plot against the President. Dar just wanted cronies in power who conformed with his view on Iran and helped the CIA but since the President found out, he wants to destroy her, to what end, a one term president and this other mob want her dead for some reason?

Chumley

Banned
I'm not sure what is going on with Dar, he didn't mind Quinn getting killed but now cares about Quinn's name being used in a plot against the President. Dar just wanted cronies in power who conformed with his view on Iran and helped the CIA but since the President found out, he wants to destroy her, to what end, a one term president and this other mob want her dead for some reason?

He did mind. That Hitman went off the reservation completely.

darkwing

he didn't order Quinn killed

jelly

Sure ? I thought Dar calling the Hitman from his home after Quinn was there was an annoyance at the job not being done properly and Dar was just cooling Quinn in his house so he wouldn't kill him on the spot.

Chumley

Banned
Sure ? I thought Dar calling the Hitman from his home after Quinn was there was an annoyance at the job not being done properly and Dar was just cooling Quinn in his house so he wouldn't kill him on the spot.

No, he yells at him for trying to kill him because he ordered him not to. "I told you to leave him alone" is the exact quote.

Dysun

The bomb in the garage definitely stretches credulity. I could give them a pass on a bunch of other things, but its one step too far.

Saty

'a step too far' lol. Homeland is already staircases far.

I laughed at Carrie suddenly touting the Solicitor General as a contact to help Quinn when the entire season she flipped the middle finger to him and all authorities and refused to share any leads she had. Fuck off.
If she did that then the president/Saul and everybody else would have discovered this Policy building thing in Ep 4 and not in E11. Can't have that! Writers continue to insist on crap plotting. If you don't want this information to be known to the protagonist then just don't. But instead they let her have it and do nothing with it for the worst excuses ever.

They can't even write Dar. Why the heck does he need to integrate Max? The video was taken. The video was sent. It's done. Dar knows who received it or who Max could have sent it to. So start worrying about that instead of locking Max up and trying to get to him to say the words he already knows.

Arttemis

I laughed at Carrie suddenly touting the Solicitor General as a contact to help Quinn when the entire season she flipped the middle finger to him and all authorities and refused to share any leads she had. Fuck off.
If she did that then the president/Saul and everybody else would have discovered this Policy building thing in Ep 4 and not in E11. Can't have that! Writers continue to insist on crap plotting. If you don't want this information to be known to the protagonist then just don't. But instead they let her have it and do nothing with it for the worst excuses ever.

They can't even write Dar. Why the heck does he need to integrate Max? The video was taken. The video was sent. It's done. Dar knows who received it or who Max could have sent it to. So start worrying about that instead of locking Max up and trying to get to him to say the words he already knows.

These kind of continuity and motivational issues are the biggest flaws this season, I think. But, they're not at all detracting from the fantastic premise and relevancy to today's events.

'

I think that interrogation was just to keep up appearances in front of O'Keefe. Dar bailed out Max not long after to work on the computer stuff.

Chumley

Banned

The interrogation was a show for Okeefe. Dar saw the laptop with Quinn on it, Okeefe has no idea Dar has any relationship with him. Dar knows he's going off on his own and might possibly be in cahoots with the hitman guy who also disobeyed his direct orders. It's an alt-right uprising and Dar is trying to stop the monster he created.

Teletraan1

Banned
The interrogation was a show for Okeefe. Dar saw the laptop with Quinn on it, Okeefe has no idea Dar has any relationship with him. Dar knows he's going off on his own and might possibly be in cahoots with the hitman guy who also disobeyed his direct orders. It's an alt-right uprising and Dar is trying to stop the monster he created.

Shhh...its just bad writing.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
The revolution won't be televised, ladies and gentleman....the revolution will be live

you saved me....why?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Didn't the season one credits have Saul calling Carrie a fucking idiot or something? I'm sure it had something like that

They did our boy dirty ;_; May Agent 47 rest in peace ;_;7

I see how they're setting up the next season but I'll be honest..... Tonight was the series finale for me. I don't think they needed the last part to set up for the next season :/

Oh no, we needed to make something off about Keane! How about she goes after everybody and to reign the US with an iron fist? Sure, why not. Now who is going to be the super soldier? Max?! That would actually be cool. He'll be like Aiden Pearce, lol.

Chase17

Pretty good season. Maybe the second best for the show.

Random thoughts:

-Maybe next season will go full house of cards lol

-The dar gut check justified. Just when you think he's fully evil, turns out he isn't (though he was really bad this season in particular).

-A+ performance from the talk show host. I think he may have carried the season. Got so annoyed during all of his rants.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I had a feeling they were going to kill Quinn off and I'm glad they did. The show was overdue for a major death and now we can (hopefully) get back to Carrie being the one who moves the plot forward and figuring shit out instead of Quinn doing it and feeding her the answers.

Next season looks like it could be a retread of season 5 of 24, with the president being the villain (and I would be fine w/ that)... but I also wouldn't be surprised if they did a time jump and skipped to the aftermath and pick things up from there.

Good season overall though. Better than seasons 2, 3 and 5 for sure.

shanafan

Two things..

Damn Keane! She went full villain with that stare at the end of the episode. Pumped for next season.

Second, so Saul was totally fine after the car bombing? It looked like both SUVs got hit really good. Assume Rob was killed, but Saul made it without a scratch. Of course, the show jumped 6 weeks so maybe he was banged up.

Ovid

I really enjoyed the season.

- Loved the ending with Carrie staring at the Capital Building. That's the same thing Brody did in S1.

- Quinn had massive plot armor every season but I was okay with it. I wouldn't mind having a Quinn show. He was badass.

- I agree with those saying it was probably better that S2.

- Every season they get it right with current events. It's like they film it a month before things in the real world actually happen.

Deku Tree

I wonder how much Apple paid for the "I watched it on FaceTime" line?

Usually microsofts buys all those kinds of product placements.

I don't think just because they used Facetime means Apple paid them for it. It's easier and more realistic to use an existing videoconferencing app than to create a fake one. Idk, if it was product placement, they didn't really make a big show out of it.

Anyways, really liked the finale. The season overall was decent. Slow to start and then it got majorly sidetracked for a few episodes in the middle but the last run of episodes was strong. I'd rank the seasons 3<<<5<6<2<<4<<1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom