• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland - Season 6 - Sundays on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic_Viper

Awesome episode! Probably the best this season so far. Was really happy when Saul walked into the locked room in Carrie's house (even though they played it like it would be this big reveal lol)

I might have missed something, but I don't think she's aware he was behind it.

As soon as that driver said that to her, she knew immediately. When she asked if anyone at the hearing had sent the driver she was positive.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yeah, Carrie knows that Dar is using Franny. I think she avoided telling President Elect Keane because it was too risky. If Carrie keeps her head down, she can keep Franny safe. Keane is still playing checkers, while Dar has been playing chess for years, and Carrie knows that. Plus I think Carrie might have been holding a little animus towards Keane for not helping when the situation with social services started. If Keane would've stepped in then, Dar would have zero leverage over Carrie.

Deku Tree

But like what harm would there have been in telling the President Elect? They were alone and she knew the PE was on her side.

I think your supposed to believe that Carrie is not willing to take the chance that any involvement by the PE could get Frannie hurt or killed.

It's poorly done and like a lot of other things on this show you just have to suspend disbelief and go along for the ride and have fun, or else you might start hate watching.

Teletraan1

Banned
Dar has been 100 steps ahead. She wasn't going to mess around with the safety of her kid no matter who she gets involved. If dar knows enough to have her driven to a deposition against him how is anyone going to get to franny in time without tipping off Dar. She has to play it like this.

Saty

I don't understand why Carrie didn't just come out and tell the President Elect that Dar had her daughter?

Because there would have been no show if Homeland wasn't written like crap.

Yet another example of the writers going out of their stupid way to keep this about one person against the evil CIA director. Carrie has the president's ear and all her resources but she won't confide with her about Franny because if that happened, Franny would immediately be brought back to Carrie and Dar would have no pathetic cards to play.

That's why Carrie doesn't enlist the help of the most powerful woman in the USA. That's why Carrie and Max share jackshit of all they know with the FBI. Homeland doesn't know how to tell any other story than this one person against all odds. And it's been pathetic and laughable to what extent they go to try to keep that way, even after Carrie is just a citizen for the last 2 seasons.

Homeland once again can't let go. Moments away from a new start without Saul or Dal, which is what the show needs, they chicken away with nonsense plot of the all-powerful Dar orchestrating numerous institutions to basically kidnap Franny. Something Carrie should have no problem to address with help of Keane, the FBI and the solicitor general. Remember also Carrie knows where Franny is..

I don't get it, are they trying to make the viewers dislike Saul and to want to see him punished? Am i supposed to cheer him as he tries to escape the US and shriek from taking responsibilities from his royal fuck-ups last season? He's actively trying to continue the cover-up! Like WTF. Own up for your mistakes and take the blow. It's astonishing enough Saul had no issues staying in his position after last season's events.

Wait, the institution Quinn was kidnapped from didn't bother to call Carrie to say he's gone missing? Pfft.

--

All i can hope for the end of this season is that Dar and Saul's roles in 'Homeland' come to a close. There's still the off-chance it might happen to both. The show desperately needs a clean break away from the two and from the obsession of trying to tell the same type of story again and again.

Deku Tree

Omg preview

"Were in a kill zone now"

And
I knew dar wasn't the mastermind.
Check my previous posts in this topic.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
The scene where the president confronts Alex Jones was pretty good but I did kind of roll my eyes at the garage exploding. You mean to tell me all of those people were there for hours and none of them noticed explosives?

Next week looks pretty crazy.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
The scene where the president confronts Alex Jones was pretty good but I did kind of roll my eyes at the garage exploding. You mean to tell me all of those people were there for hours and none of them noticed explosives?

Next week looks pretty crazy.

yeah like wtf? lol

but ya solid episode overall

Vic_Viper

Omg preview

"Were in a kill zone now"

And
I knew dar wasn't the mastermind.
Check my previous posts in this topic.

Pretty sure he was but then the Alex Jones guy started going in his own direction. Dar obviously started all this by running the same op they used to topple a ton of 3rd world governments.

Awesome episode. Love how everything is coming together now. Wish the rest of the season had been this good!

Deku Tree

Pretty sure he was but then the Alex Jones guy started going in his own direction. Dar obviously started all this by running the same op they used to topple a ton of 3rd world governments.

Awesome episode. Love how everything is coming together now. Wish the rest of the season had been this good!

I don't know. For me, There is no way the Alex Jones guy is all by himself directing
CIA black ops dudes in a CIA staging house to try to kill the president. And Dar appeared to be torturing a US Senator for information in the preview. It feels like there has to be someone else powerful involved. But we will find out next week.

Undefined

Pretty intense ep.
I just didnt like that one part where Dar Adal is "torturing" max like pushing his neck. Dar is like what 75 years old? Just elbow him in the face or something. i aint letting some old man hurt me.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I did kind of roll my eyes at the garage exploding. You mean to tell me all of those people were there for hours and none of them noticed explosives?

Yeah, there were like 15 FBI agents in that garage and I'm supposed to believe that none of them saw any bricks of C4 or wiring or whatever?

My favorite parts were the interview and Quinn's words:

You got to let me go.

It seems like Dar just wants justice for Quinn. He's just been playing with O'Keefe to find out who has been slandering Quinn's name. It feels like somebody in Keane's cabinet is trying to fuck them all over.

Next episode looks lit though. The whole season has been about Quinn. Save Quinn, save the world :p

Future

Yeah, there were like 15 FBI agents in that garage and I'm supposed to believe that none of them saw any bricks of C4 or wiring or whatever?

Had to be in the walls. Police and swat typically just bust down doors, no reason to think they'd search for explosives here with carrie and Quinn already inside safely

More stupid is the villain going for the g rated takedown of Carrie. Bat, knife, gunshot.... simply some blunt force to the back of the head and it would have been all good for him. Instead he grabs her and lets her struggle with him instead

Hell Carrie being in there at all was pretty stupid...they didn't for sure see everyone leave the house and did no real recon. Of course someone could be inside. Plus Carrie saw the alarm wasn't on and simply kept investigating like it was all good wtf. Then proceeds to not search the home and instead go right to the van all non chalant like. Carrie lost her mojo

Chumley

Banned
My favorite parts were the interview and Quinn's words:

You got to let me go.

It seems like Dar just wants justice for Quinn. He's just been playing with O'Keefe to find out who has been slandering Quinn's name. It feels like somebody in Keane's cabinet is trying to fuck them all over.

Next episode looks lit though. The whole season has been about Quinn. Save Quinn, save the world :p

Yep.

So I'm pretty certain the show has no intention to ever kill Quinn now. I was kind of unsure before but it seems clear to me they want to develop his relationship with Carrie post-stroke and likely eventually end with them being together. There's no other way Carrie's arc has a satisfying end, another soft reboot for her would be a failure of writing. The show has disappointed me time and time again in the past but after this episode and re-examining what this season was doing with Carrie and Quinn (both being utterly miserable when apart, but jolted into action when together), the path forward seems obvious.

Also, the last bit of the opening credits makes more sense in this context. Carrie has been mostly defined by her relationship with him this season.

Killing him would force them into putting Carrie back at square 1 again, which would be a fucking joke 7 seasons in. The whole show hinges on both of them and what they mean to eachother, and with the way Quinn is now I think there's a lot of potential there that we saw a little of in tonight's episode. Him screaming at her because he thought it was her fault for his stroke was heartbreaking.

Pretty intense ep.
I just didnt like that one part where Dar Adal is "torturing" max like pushing his neck. Dar is like what 75 years old? Just elbow him in the face or something. i aint letting some old man hurt me.

75 year old CIA agent that runs black ops missions. Yeah, you would obviously rock him hard.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Did this show ever get back up to season 1 levels? Because I bailed halfway through season 2 when it was clear they didn't know where to take it.

Arttemis

Did this show ever get back up to season 1 levels? Because I bailed halfway through season 2 when it was clear they didn't know where to take it.

Season 2 picks up and becomes very interesting. Season 3 can feel long-in-the-tooth, but it allows you to witness the foundation of some poignant political landscaping. Seasons 4 and 5 are stand alone and awesome.

Season 6 is a self aware reenactment of TODAY's political landscape. It's incredibly relevant, and its ability to weave small narrative threads from all previous seasons into its modern commentary is remarkable.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
So they're going after Keane, and pinning the blame on Quinn? Sure looks like they're setting him up with the fake website. They have a lot of ground to cover next episode. Might the the first Homeland season finale in awhile that isn't extremely lowkey.

Grizzlyjin

the next episode is the finale? wow, so many things to cover, is season 7 confirmed? it can't end like this

Season 7 and Season 8 are confirmed. Presumably, Season 8 would be the end but I don't know if that has ever been confirmed. I think the official word was they don't know yet. Showtime will ride the cart until the wheels fall off though. Believe that. lol

CoolOff

I don't usually get very emotional watching TV, but that opening scene with Quinn confronting Carrie was fucking hard to watch... man...

Arttemis

the next episode is the finale? wow, so many things to cover, is season 7 confirmed? it can't end like this

Seasons 7 and 8 were confirmed to finish off the show. There's just too much left to expect a complete resolution; the cliffhanger is going to kill me.

Mudcrab

I don't usually get very emotional watching TV, but that opening scene with Quinn confronting Carrie was fucking hard to watch... man...

Yeah when he hides himself in that corner after running around yelling at Carrie... I had to look away for a second it was rough.

Season 7 and Season 8 are confirmed. Presumably, Season 8 would be the end but I don't know if that has ever been confirmed. I think the official word was they don't know yet. Showtime will ride the cart until the wheels fall off though. Believe that. lol

Season 8 preview
harrison-fell.gif

Theorry

Season keeps on delivering.

Bomb thing was abit weird tho. It was on the garage door where the van was?They were on the inside of that.

Emwitus

Best season of "24" ever.
Oops, I meant Homeland.
Seriously, this is how you do a political/spy thriller. And it's so relevant as well

Tugatrix

Man I swear this show made an hell of a come back, Quinn spiting the truth onto Carrie shit that was intense. Also that confrontation between President elect and the host was awesome.

the promo is completely bonkers

Carrie's pretty lucky that Frannie is still locked up so that she has the time to chill overnight near the deep-state frats.

The Alex Jones shit is just too weird. I would pay a lot of money to see the real Alex Jones review this season of the show.

Bad luck on the gov't clean-up crew detonating the bomb in the garage. Normally, when I'm tearing down the campsite of some false-flagging, NYC-bombing secret ops guys, I just indiscriminately snip shit with bolt cutters. So this ep was a good reminder to be a bit more careful.

Did Quinn use Carrie as bait? Nice of him to stick around without telling Carrie. Lucky that Carrie was able to call her buddy for immediate no-strings-attached immunity for Quinn. Happy day!

Very excited to see Dar try to stop the PEOTUS' assassination now that he's found out it involves framing Quinn. High treason is one thing, but high treason that implicates Quinn is another. Not on Dar's watch. I'm looking forward to the Dar vs. Teabag fist fight.

If it sounds like I'm ragging on the show, please know that this is my favorite season in a long time.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Saul dropping truthbombs on their asses was mad good.

Did Quinn use Carrie as bait?

I believe so, yes. Quinn wanted the messy kill, and that was his way to get his hands on the guy.

Very excited to see Dar try to stop the PEOTUS' assassination now that he's found out it involves framing Quinn. High treason is one thing, but high treason that implicates Quinn is another. Not on Dar's watch. I'm looking forward to the Dar vs. Teabag fist fight.

We don't know for sure yet if Dar was ever on board with an assassination. Whatever this organization is, Dar doesn't seem to be in total control.

pislit

i'm not american so i dont know, but did obama ever had a sit-down interview with an alternative media person. this president-elect is egregiously careless putting herself in that situation

Grizzlyjin

i'm not american so i dont know, but did obama ever had a sit-down interview with an alternative media person. this president-elect is egregiously careless putting herself in that situation

During his transition? Nah. President Obama sitting down with Alex Jones or even Rush Limbaugh during the transition would be absolutely ridiculous. But even in 2008, the alt media climate was different. I guess the show is trying to sell that President elect Keane is so shook by this tape that she's entertaining bad ideas. Bad move, but makes for good TV. She's coming to the realization that facts don't matter to these people.

IMO this has been the best season of Homeland since the original one. Entertaining, thrilling and relevant. Very hyped for the finale on Sunday.

Ishan

Impressed that in spite of whiffing the actual election result how the show still somehow touches on relevant topics like deep state vs govt . Fake news propaganda etc ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom