• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homestuck game announced on Kickstarter

Necrovex

lol

let's disregard the fact that actually have a younger brother who suffers from autism for a sec.

Missing the boat pretty hard on "somewhat civil"

This isnt a lawless wasteland and this thread is meant to be at least somewhat good natured, if you aren't smart enough to figure out where the line is don't test it
Your comment has to be one of, if not THE most dickish things i've seen posted on neogaf.

If that's the most dickish thing you've seen on Gaf, you haven't been here for too long. I simply remember the Nintendog thread. Oh god, that thread.

PK Gaming

You're the one that took it as an insult, don't blame me for your own prejudice.

Sorry, not my fault you have no idea what you're talking about, at least in regards to homestuck & autism in general. If i'm being vitriolic, it's because i can clearly see through your disingenuous claim that you didn't "mean anything" by your comment. If not then, don't use autism so liberally. Pardon me, but the idea of comparing the 2 just seems idiotic.

#myonetruetrigger

Orayn

It's not a pejorative. I just mean that it literally feels like reading something out of the mind of Ulillillia.

See: http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Quadrants

I understand that, but you're off base if you don't think Hussie is just "that way." If you look at some of his other work like And It Don't Stop or Whistles, you can tell that it's not being made from an Ulillillia-like perspective despite there being plenty of weirdness to go around.

Homestuck's ridiculously complicated "mechanics" are just an extension of what he did with Problem Sleuth, and exist solely to give the giant, insane fanbase something to obsess about.

Shaffield

If this guy thinks Homestuck feels like a glimpse into the mind of an autistic person, he clearly doesn't know much about comics culture in general, much less that of webcomics.

When there's thousands of updates, the author is bound to invent ridiculous complex ideas for his constantly evolving stories. It isn't a novel or a video game, its a goddamn long running internet based comic strip.

stretcheladder2.gif

Another double stretcheladder update! In one night we shot past the 1 million dollar mark and reached the next stretch goal, which means we've got EFIGS (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish) language support, as well as an added reward tier perk! This perk adds one of the signed Kickstarter prints to all $105+ tiers that didn't already include one, plus everyone at $50+ tiers gets to beta test the next Homestuck mini game update.

Plus: we've beefed up the availability of the MSPA FUNPAK tier, and shuffled some numbers around to add a few slots to the SNOUTPAK and $1,000 tiers as well.

Thanks so much to everyone who has contributed so far and helped push us over the $1,000,000 milestone! You guys and gals continue to absolutely floor us with the support you're showing. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

This perk adds one of the signed Kickstarter prints to all $105+ tiers that didn't already include one,

So, uh... rewarding support by devaluing one of the tiers compared to the others...

~Kinggi~

Banned
Lol what the hell. Was just browsing kickstarter again after Eternity hit and this has 1.2 million in funding. How the hell does this get that much and stuff from Jane Jenson/Broken Sword guys are in the 400-500k range?

Their pitch video is also fairly laughable. Whatever as long as people actually want it i guess thats the point. Only 12k backers though is interesting for such a high amount.

Valhelm

contribute something
Lol what the hell. Was just browsing kickstarter again after Eternity hit and this has 1.2 million in funding. How the hell does this get that much and stuff from Jane Jenson/Broken Sword guys are in the 400-500k range?

Their pitch video is also fairly laughable. Whatever as long as people actually want it i guess thats the point. Only 12k backers though is interesting for such a high amount.

Homestuck has one of those fandoms that has a pretty high obsessiveness to membership ratio. There are very few casual fans.

Hmm.

Finished PB and caught up on Homestuck. Took about a week and two weekends.

Going to sleep at around 3 or 4am consistently is probably a bad idea.

I have found both to be interesting stories! And I particularly like the music used for Homestuck. The art is serviceable, though I do enjoy it when the art gets "upgraded" for . I mostly enjoy seeing how the sub-systems/consequences play out, even if the heroes seem a little too fortunate sometimes.

domlolz

Banned

From the people who bought you viral videos such as:

Are Memes & Internet Culture Creating a Singularity?
Is Nic Cage the Intersection of YOLO and Taoism?
Will Minecraft and Makerbot Usher in the Post-Scarcity Economy?
Are Bronies Changing the Definition of Masculinity?
Is Miku Hatsune A More Authentic Pop Star Than Lana Del Rey?
Is Instagram the Best Thing to Ever Happen to Photography?​

And other pandering shite!

This will get way more money than it needs. So much money they won't know what to do with it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14293468/homestuck-adventure-game said:
Backers
$2,485,506
pledged of $700,000 goal

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14293468/homestuck-adventure-game/posts/321979?ref=activity said:
Finished at $2.48 mil! Yesssss!
Update #9 · Oct. 04, 2012 · 75 comments

And that's a wrap!

Well no, not quite. For those who couldn't pay with Amazon Payments, we're going to offer a PayPal pledging option for a week or so. You will be able to pledge to all the same tiers we had available here on Kickstarter. We'll share the link for that a little later on the What Pumpkin twitter.

But it is a wrap on the official Kickstarter campaign, and we are officially astounded at how enthusiastically you all rose to the occasion! It's been exciting to watch the progress, and overwhelming to see so many people (over 24,000!) offer their support. A million thanks, or maybe 2.484 million thanks, or hey how about a hundred billion thanks? Just... thank you. Now we get to repay you by making a great game for you!

Surveys will be going out to backers soon. If we need information from you to fulfill your rewards (such as shirt choices and sizes), you'll receive and fill out these surveys so we know what to send you.

And by the way, we didn't quite make the $2.5 million stretch goal here, but the PayPal portion WILL count, so we will surely meet the goal in the coming week!

Only $15K away from $2.5 Million dollars.

Top Bottom