• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hori Taiko no tatsujin pro controller impressions

Um, can't you go to the nearest arcade and play the real deal?

I'm pretty sure you need a setup like this to practice if you don't want to spend yourself into bankruptcy in order to get good. That's probably how the arcade child prodigies do it.

GamerJM

Banned
Might pick this game up if/when I get a Japanese Wii U. Man I feel like the console's best third-party games are stuck in Japan....(admittedly there's not very many)

Impotaku

There's a practice mode? I really should look into that.

I'm actually relative new to the series, while I've played the various DS games here and there it wasn't until picking up the Wii U release earlier this year that got me hooked.

Playing with a physical controller just makes it that more fun, all the more so after this hori controller arrived in the mail, it's surprising just how physically demanding this game can be!

I still have no idea how you guys deal with oni mode, I'm not even sure my eyes can track the notes moving so fast. XD But.. speaking of eyes, does anybody else experience problems after focusing on a game for a prolonged time, if I look away from the screen I'll notice the room wobble [for lack of a better word] for several seconds before my eyes readjust.

Yeah staring at the screen causes that weird the rooms moving effect when you look away, get it on all taiko games even the DS ones. My eyes have never adapted but it does away pretty fast after you look at something else.

The practice mode tends to be only on the console taiko games, can't remember if they added it for the very first Wii one or weither it came along in the later releases. Nowdays it really should be in every game, it's a valuable tool for not having to do the entire song just to practice the small part of the sequence you are stuck on.

There's a practice mode? I really should look into that.

I'm actually relative new to the series, while I've played the various DS games here and there it wasn't until picking up the Wii U release earlier this year that got me hooked.

Playing with a physical controller just makes it that more fun, all the more so after this hori controller arrived in the mail, it's surprising just how physically demanding this game can be!

I still have no idea how you guys deal with oni mode, I'm not even sure my eyes can track the notes moving so fast. XD But.. speaking of eyes, does anybody else experience problems after focusing on a game for a prolonged time, if I look away from the screen I'll notice the room wobble [for lack of a better word] for several seconds before my eyes readjust.
A lot of it is just knowing the song well, and recognizing common patterns as they come up. I miss this game :[

squall23

Practice. I'm serious, sorry if it's such a simple answer but I got where I am due to years of playing, lol.

Top Bottom