• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Forbidden West truly has the best in-game character models ever and its not really close

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Yep it must be truly devastating to him to see people happy about games releasing on their platform.And according to him releasing the games on another platform would stop making them good.
I mean now that God of war is out on PC, I can no longer play it on ps5 and it has become the ugliest game in the world...
And I can't enjoy games on any console too because they will all one day be playable on pc (via emulation for nintendo games) but yet that is problematic only for sony and bothering him only for sony games.

Yep it must be truly devastating to him to see people happy about games releasing on their platform.And according to him releasing the games on another platform would stop making them good.
I mean now that God of war is out on PC, I can no longer play it on ps5 and it has become the ugliest game in the world...
And I can't enjoy games on any console too because they will all one day be playable on pc (via emulation for nintendo games) but yet that is problematic only for sony and bothering him only for sony games.
I have no idea what you’re talking about.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I have no idea what you’re talking about.
Toward the end of his post he think that people will stop liking sony games once they come to another platform and will stop hyping them thus regretting their purchase which is something he rejoice about.As would any warrior would. I, for example,am not particularly fan of MS output but I know people like their games and that's great a good game for any side is a good thing for gamers.So I don't go on threads about games I am not interested in to shit on them.Hence the difference between a warrior and someone that is just pasionate about video games.
It is just that to me a good game is a good game no matter your or my opnion about it and even bad games can be enjoyed I can even understand people liking the Ouya (yep that far).I won't cry because Nintendo released a great game on a platform I do not own and I won't especially try to flame it down.And some people here need to do that.

Edit: But I think we've given him enough attention here, back on topic someone said that Cyberpunk beat Horizon and I haven't played the games for a long time, he said he'd post picture and I really want to see them to compare, I don't know if the last patch for cp2077 upgraded the graphics, so I really want to see how it can hold.

Last edited:
Aloy finally realizes that I kept taking her pics 🤭
g2EQjMp.jpg
YHsUU1K.jpg
PBJsa5H.jpg

Wow! He works and he lives in the inside world, he is not one of us guys! Worse, he is bitter because people here didn't appreciated his talents enough in the past... uuuuuhhh, gives me the chills, scary 😨. I think it's better we agree with him even when he is wrong them, after all, he comes here to give so much to us and we treat him this way, he deserves better than our lack of appreciation. :messenger_crying:
I mean, how could we from the bottom of our ignorance ever realized that if you run these games on a hardware with 3x more TFlops some fidelity issues would be solved? How would we ever know something like this? it takes years of study and practical work to gain this type of insight! :messenger_anguished: And he is sharing all this valuable knowledge with us, shame of us guys! :messenger_angry:

JTCx

Oh yeah.. all that juicy insider Info on PS5 being equivalent at best to low range PCs from 2018-19, completely unable to render native 4K games, and not able to do RT first, and then only able to utilize some RT features, if at all, at 1080p at best.

carl-chef-kiss.gif
This dude was jerking himself off when the FUD around PS5 started spreading where it couldn't have RT or do 4k. He was linking a bunch of xbox twitter warriors LOL.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I like playing games on my PS5. Currently going through Ratchet but HFW is definitely on my play list. Pretty sure I'm going to enjoy it.
If you liked the first one you'll definitely enjoy this one too.My advice though, play it on hard, it deactivate points of interest and really increases the sense of exploration.
If that's something that don't other you normal difficulty is quite good still, my main gripe would be with rthe climbing system that seems a bit random.

Sygma

WxP3A54.jpg
lYRdb4c.jpg

The lighting is amazing. Not sure what you mean by that

Bad occlusion, ssao artifacts and so on and so forth. It just doesn't look very good but at least there's some differences in the indoor sections compared to zero dawn

I'll take some screens of cyberpunk and baldur's gate 3 between today and Sunday

Last edited:

Sygma

The game grew on me in the second half and needless to say the graphics are the best I have ever seen on console. The fact that an open world cross gen game achieved this level makes me believe the future of PS5/XSX will be very promising.

Kinda interesting how RDR 2 is never brought up, not talking about you specifically but it's pretty much responsible for pushing the fidelity in open world

Tripolygon

Banned
Bad occlusion, ssao artifacts and so on and so forth. It just doesn't look very good but at least there's some differences in the indoor sections compared to zero dawn

I'll take some screens of cyberpunk and baldur's gate 3 between today and Sunday
I see what you did there.

T0minator

I'm only assuming, but you haven't gotten very far in Horizon Forbidden West yet on PS5?
e5yzKZ2.jpg
4pV8aAZ.jpg

The character models are incredible..so are the environments

TheKratos

Kinda interesting how RDR 2 is never brought up, not talking about you specifically but it's pretty much responsible for pushing the fidelity in open world
RDR2 PC or console? Console (PS4 Pro) did not wow me as HFW has, obviously this is on stronger hardware but still.

Sygma

I'm only assuming, but you haven't gotten very far in Horizon Forbidden West yet on PS5?
e5yzKZ2.jpg
4pV8aAZ.jpg

The character models are incredible..so are the environments

i finished the greenhouse yesterday and did all side quests available / hunting grounds etc

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I've finished the game. It's easily the best looking game ever. Has no close competition on any platform.

I don't care how maxed your PC is, this game destroys everything in its path. Guerilla went BEAST mode

Last edited:

Rockman33

I’m so confused by all the visual praise. I’m extremely early on so hopefully things improve as I was extremely excited for this game.(about 5 hours) But as far as I can tell there’s a TON of pop in, the vegetation is constantly shimmering, anti aliasing feels non existent, shadows are flickering often and her hair is constantly moving around as if it has a mind of its own.

Photo mode might look great but actually playing it in motion is another story.

Playing performance mode PS5 on a 65” CX OLED.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I’m so confused by all the visual praise. I’m extremely early on so hopefully things improve as I was extremely excited for this game.(about 5 hours) But as far as I can tell there’s a TON of pop in, the vegetation is constantly shimmering, anti aliasing feels non existent, shadows are flickering often and her hair is constantly moving around as if it has a mind of its own.

Photo mode might look great but actually playing it in motion is another story.

Playing performance mode PS5 on a 65” CX OLED.
lol.

come on bro. you cant be judging graphics playing in that doodoo ass mode. play it in quality mode and you will see.

I have the same TV as you.

Play it in Quality mode and put your TV on Vivid mode.

And before you go crazy about OMG VIVID MOdE wHaT AboUt ThE VRV and iNpUt LaGG ... Just try it. Trust me :messenger_horns:

Last edited:

Rockman33

lol.

come on bro. you cant be judging graphics playing in that doodoo ass mode. play it in quality mode and you will see.

I have the same TV as you.

Play it in Quality mode and put your TV on Vivid mode.

And before you go crazy about OMG VIVID MOdE wHaT AboUt ThE VRV and iNpUt LaGG ... Just try it. Trust me :messenger_horns:
Ever since I got a ps5 and series X I can’t go back to 30 fps. I tried, but it just feels like a slide show. Maybe if they had the 40fps like ratchet that could work.

Personally not a fan of vivid mode as it’s not what the creators intended. However, I’m glad to see you enjoying it that way. I don’t mind the lower resolution as long as there’s some kind of good AA. I just replayed uncharted 4 in their remastered version and I think it looks waaay better. And that’s 1440p/60. (I realize it’s a older linear game.)

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
RDR 2 is highly praised for its graphics, Forbidden West looks amazing too

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I booted this up again today just to admire how good the visuals are, every time of day looks fantastic

I'm waiting for new game + to start another playthrough

Top Bottom