• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Online confirmed to be expanding the story of the Horizon Universe

Draugoth

Gold Member
Horizon Online confirmed to expand the story of the Horizon Universe Update

Horizon online recently got a new job listing for a Narrative Director with the main focus of the job being
Guide the vision for storytelling as the world of Horizon evolves into the multiplayer space”

Previous Earlier in 2023 Horizon Online concept art and Horizon online gameplay leaked

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Herman really love his Horizon IP
Season 1 Stop GIF by Amazon Prime Video

TheHolyGhost

Neo Member
Come On Reaction GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Yeah, the first game only sold over 20 million, the fuck they were thinking this could be a franchise?
hmm I wonder how it sold 20 million copies! that's as much as Spider man and God Of War it's amazing how a new IP out of nowhere manage to do th-

oh yeah

7e7jprH.jpeg

Trophy tracker tells the story you need to know, Horizon Forbidden West's first trophy is a non-missable one which you unlock by default after a 30 minute ish or so intro, only 55% of Horizon players unlocked it which is shockingly low and almost a record by itself for a story/narrative game.

Compared to God Of War Ragnarok's 85% for the first non-missable trophy also 30 minutes into the game.

Not forced at all, totally organic, it sold 5M copies in it's release year then mysteriously "sold" another 5M on the dot on average for 2018, 2019 and 2020. That's rockstar level consistency.

Horizon Forbidden West could sell 50 million copies if Sony really wanted to do by giving it away for free with every PS5 sold from now on, completely meaningless figures, but they have to pump it out the live service is coming and then the movie/hbo series whatever the hell they're working on, the definition of a forced marketed IP.

Last edited:
Gorilla Games created one of the best open worlds of all time in Forbidden West but the combat/gameplay loop was so mediocre. Hopefully they fix that. If they do, this could be an awesome Monster Hunter type experience.

I'm more excited for this than Horizon 3 because the story is pretty rubbish

Unknown?

hmm I wonder how it sold 20 million copies! that's as much as Spider man and God Of War it's amazing how a new IP out of nowhere manage to do th-

oh yeah

7e7jprH.jpeg

Trophy tracker tells the story you need to know, Horizon Forbidden West's first trophy is a non-missable one which you unlock by default after a 30 minute ish or so intro, only 55% of Horizon players unlocked it which is shockingly low and almost a record by itself for a story/narrative game.

Compared to God Of War Ragnarok's 85% for the first non-missable trophy also 30 minutes into the game.

Not forced at all, totally organic, it sold 5M copies in it's release year then mysteriously "sold" another 5M on the dot on average for 2018, 2019 and 2020. That's rockstar level consistency.

Horizon Forbidden West could sell 50 million copies if Sony really wanted to do by giving it away for free with every PS5 sold from now on, completely meaningless figures, but they have to pump it out the live service is coming and then the movie/hbo series whatever the hell they're working on, the definition of a forced marketed IP.
In most of those bundles it has another game packed in too but none of those games sold like Horizon.

Also you posted bundles with Spider-Man despite acting like that was any different.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
They are like pushing this IP unecessarily to the limits.

Give a rest. What about new IPs?
It’s video game studios as a whole.

The second they find a popular gravy train they’ll milk it till it comes to a trickle. Then the new ideas come.

Cod, sports, assassins creed, Sony SP franchises, MS with tons of gears and halo back in the day.

Trogdor1123

Fantastic news, really liked the first two games and this world is well suited to an online setting.

Hope they do it right. I’m excited to explore the world.

Also hope it goes pc too

Last edited:

mrmustard

Banned

oh yeah

7e7jprH.jpeg
I don't think bundles helped Zero Dawn as much as it helped Forbidden West (or Ragnarok). For several months you had to buy unoffical and official Forbidden West bundles if you wanted a PS5. But the PS4 wasn't sold out in 2017 so people bought the bundles voluntarily.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Hope it's similar to FF14.
I think that is going to be a different game -- currently being co-developed by NCSoft and Guerrilla's Exteranl Dev team.

This one, being internally developed by Guerrilla, is a multiplayer game, similar to Monster Hunster.

I'm interested in seeing how they differentiate the MP game with the MMORPG one.

BlueLyria

Tried it on release, didn't like it.
Tried it again a year or two ago, got further in, liked it a bit more but still would rather have a new Killzone.

so: expanding the story of the horizon universe? the one that i lost interest in following the end of the first game? thanks for letting me know...

Fbh

The franchise has potential for an online game. Taking on big mech dinos with friends could be fun.

I'm not really interested in the story though. First game had a pretty good story but I didn't really like the direction it took in the second game.

At least it won't focus on Aloy, which is something. Maybe your own character will be likeable

Last edited:

geary

Gorilla Games created one of the best open worlds of all time in Forbidden West but the combat/gameplay loop was so mediocre. Hopefully they fix that. If they do, this could be an awesome Monster Hunter type experience.

I'm more excited for this than Horizon 3 because the story is pretty rubbish
I think is the opposite. Combat was the best part of the game....the rest was average open world game.

I don't think bundles helped Zero Dawn as much as it helped Forbidden West (or Ragnarok). For several months you had to buy unoffical and official Forbidden West bundles if you wanted a PS5. But the PS4 wasn't sold out in 2017 so people bought the bundles voluntarily.

Where I live, you couldn't buy a ps4 without 3 games bundled for atleast 5 years.

And it shows in all first party titles being 10-20 million sellers.

Even average games like Days Gone.

T0minator

This has the potential to be amazing and a beautiful experience or a complete disaster that's still a beautiful experience

StueyDuck

Is this the cartoony one farmed out to some Chinese studio? Or the monster hunter co-op one? There's so many damn rumors about horizon IP and honestly they all sounded pretty terrible

Colin from LastStand made a good point about this, Horizon is an amazing game, but Sony are giving it the MCU treatment, turning into several different spin-offs, series and games. It'll have a drastic impact on the quality of the games moving forward especially in terms of story-telling which Horizon excels at.

Is this the cartoony one farmed out to some Chinese studio? Or the monster hunter co-op one? There's so many damn rumors about horizon IP and honestly they all sounded pretty terrible
From what I understand the MMO is being made by the team that made Guild Wars and the Online game is being made internally at Guerilla with assistance from a support studio. This would be the game that the director of Rainbow Six Siege is working on.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
In most of those bundles it has another game packed in too but none of those games sold like Horizon.

Also you posted bundles with Spider-Man despite acting like that was any different.

I think that's a fair point and looking at the image it was my first thought to, but the trophy data on the other hand suggests that there is an issue with the number if people who actually played the included game compared to other similair bundled titles.

GymWolf

Hopefully are just sidestories, i don't wanna be forced to play a multyplayer game to understand the plot of horizon 3.

Maybe it's just like factions 2 where you only have other survivors stories.

Venom Snake

In the absence of next-gen Monster Hunter, i would love to see an online version of Horizon. I've always missed the possibility of a cooperative gameplay in this title, if the single-player formula is already exploited (and done for), maybe it's worth turning this game into something like this.

Top Bottom