• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Online confirmed to be expanding the story of the Horizon Universe

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Or you could simply, you know.....not play the game. It's a good thing you guys don't run a company. The series has sold 30 million+ with only 2 games. Sony would be stupid not try and capitalize off of that.
I have no idea what you're talking about and I don't care.

When I play multiplayer I play it for competition how many successful story based multiplayer games are there? WOW, FF14, Destiny….
And maybe these will be too? Who knows? Personally I think it would be a shame to have narrative-free multiplayer games in these series.

I’m sure Sony will have some narrative-lite MP games like Fairgame$ and possibly Concord - though that one has Bungie DNA all over it so who knows? Maybe it’s just pure gameplay fun like old Halo game MP.

Synless

Hard pass. Horizon is pretty but it’s dry and lifeless as fuck when it comes to story. Not sure how they could make it interesting when the first two games couldn’t get it right.

SenkiDala

I like the Horizon games but this is a shitty move. Those games are SOLO GAMES, people who enjoyed them are people enjoying SOLO GAMES and most of those people don't like online games... So an online Horizon game ok, but with lore expending in it ? That is shitty.

The new Sony isn't attractive to me. :(

Fox Mulder

Gorilla Games created one of the best open worlds of all time in Forbidden West but the combat/gameplay loop was so mediocre. Hopefully they fix that. If they do, this could be an awesome Monster Hunter type experience.

I'm more excited for this than Horizon 3 because the story is pretty rubbish

It wasn’t if you did more than shoot 1000 arrows at everything.

I like the Horizon games but this is a shitty move. Those games are SOLO GAMES, people who enjoyed them are people enjoying SOLO GAMES and most of those people don't like online games... So an online Horizon game ok, but with lore expending in it ? That is shitty.

The new Sony isn't attractive to me. :(
I agree, and am starting to second-guess my PS5 purchase. It's starting to look like it'll be exactly what the Vita was for me: a bc machine to play old games. This online-focused, GaaS stuff is exactly why I ditched Xbox early on last gen. Give me solid SP titles or fuck off, and that goes for any company out there.

I have no idea what you're talking about and I don't care.

Yes you do. You responded. :messenger_heart:

Lost And Found Please GIF by Lost & Found Music Studios

Three

hmm I wonder how it sold 20 million copies! that's as much as Spider man and God Of War it's amazing how a new IP out of nowhere manage to do th-

oh yeah

7e7jprH.jpeg

Trophy tracker tells the story you need to know, Horizon Forbidden West's first trophy is a non-missable one which you unlock by default after a 30 minute ish or so intro, only 55% of Horizon players unlocked it which is shockingly low and almost a record by itself for a story/narrative game.
Horizon Forbidden West is on PS+. Of course many will launch it and not complete even the first mission. 20M were sales though not players. Those people don't often buy something and not play it. Which trophy are you even talking about anyway because 86% have reached the duant. Also now do this bundles thing with Nintendo IPs.

Last edited:

Humdinger

I don't play online multiplayer, so I doubt I'll play this, but I can see how it could make for an interesting online game -- potentially, anyhow. We'll see what they do with it. Their narrative and design choices with HFW and its expansion did not impress me -- I thought they really screwed up a good game -- but who knows. One of the most annoying features of HFW and the expansion was the dialog, and at least there will be less of that in an online game.

Hayabusa83

Banned
One of the most overrated and astroturfed franchises in video game history. Simple, almost elementary hand holding game design, ugly character aesthetics, and a laughably feminist backdrop. People that praise this game are simpletons. I can't believe Killzone died for digital Avocado Boy. Sony lost their balls after PS2.

Top Bottom