• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn comic covers are out and are fire (releases 08/01 @ $3.99)

cormack12

Gold Member
The comic debuts on August 5 digitally and physically for $3.99.

ALOY AND TALANAH RETURN IN A NEW STORY SET AFTER THE EVENTS OF THE GAME!

Nature has reclaimed the planet. Awe-inspiring machines dominate the land, as humanity fights for survival on this new Earth.

Co-created by Writers Guild Award-winner and one of the writers of Horizon Zero Dawn game Anne Toole.

853222._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

horizoncomic01.jpg

horizoncomic03.jpg

horizoncomic04.jpg

horizoncomic05.jpg

horizoncomic06.jpg

Clover904

I'll definitely be reading this. Can't wait to get lost in the Horizon universe again.

I hope that this comic series is an indication that we will be getting a Horizon sequel sooner rather than later. I'm sure the speedy PS5 ssd will finally make the elusive flying mount creatures a reality.
6t8IKk7.jpg

Solarstrike

Gold Member
I will buy these. Love the game and i love comics. But i think it's pretty shitty when a new one comes along and there 6,534,252 different covers for a debut issue. It's a shitty tactic and a bitch for true collector's. It seems to be the norm of late. Yes i know it's good revenue for the publisher and artist but common man. Make 1-2 cover isues and be done with it. Put the artists to work on making the series, not a single cover. Case in point: "The Joker: Year of the Villain" comic. There's countless # 1 cover variants. So much so that Batman himself told Gotham to piss off and leave him alone. :messenger_squinting_tongue:

Edit: Now all that needs to be done is to get NECA and/or McFarlane Toys on board for some Horizon Zero Dawn figures. 🙏

Last edited:

VALCON 82

Inside sneak peak, and yes that does say REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

2.original.jpg

3.original.jpg

4.original.jpg

1.original.jpg
So i wonder is the REEEE a shout out... or is it symbolizing the machine that screams REEEE to be the enemy of our Heroine?

Just a question for discussion...

Last edited:
Weird art style for what should be a story with a serious tone.

Hard to be a very serious story featuring ROBOT DINOSAURS. I know fans still cling to the illusion that's possible to deliver an emotional plot with that setup, but come on man. ROBOT DINOSAURS do not go well with a plot that takes itself seriously.

Not digging it at all, the colors should be gloomy, with a darker tone to the artstyle, this is about a future where robot animals have taken over the world and humans are the bottom of the food chain.

tkscz

I wouldn't call those fire. The art work on the drawn ones are good, but they are pretty boring.

Top Bottom