• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it does indeed look positively remarkable most of the time. Their foliage and lighting bring it to another level most of the time (playing on Pro).

32298280633_27c1412973_o.png
32272661224_a832b12f3e_o.png

32961275232_eaf8ded9d0_o.png
33117666945_fdc4f382ae_o.png

Only just now getting to the more jungle-like environments.

Sebmugi

Soon the stores must agree to provide the game in advance ... :p

It's the most beautiful open world "on console (maybe on pc too)" now it's true <3

Yeah it does indeed look positively remarkable most of the time. Their foliage and lighting bring it to another level most of the time (playing on Pro).

Dude..Y'all gotta stop this. Jesus that looks amazing, makes me wanna cash out on a K8000 for the HDR(Currently playing on a Vizio 4K).

Finished the game last night, absolutely loved it. I was very reserved on the game when I saw it in previews but once I started playing it, I couldn't stop.

One of the prettiest games I've ever played too. The image is so consistently clean and the framerate never dips. If it did it couldn't have been more than 2 frames. The AA solution they use is outstanding too because jagged edges are nowhere from what I played, at least not enough to distract me. Shame about the water though

I agree, the aa solution is one of the best currently.

The Lamp

Until Dawn is also Decima apparently.

Which explains how they got it looking so bloody good.

Until Dawn was a disaster. The framerate was a mess and it wasn't even open world. The models were nice but even the animations were inconsistent, varying from impressive, to uncanny, to atrocious.

Caio

OMG it looks incredible. I will buy a PRO and a 4K TV by April, cannot wait anymore, just waiting to go back home, too busy now with my job.

Lady Gaia

concerned about the quality of this game

Nothing screams cause for alarm like near universal acclaim, eh? I can understand being worried that the game can't possibly live up to the hype, but at this point I think it's clear that at worst it's a wonderful experience with very broad appeal. At worst.

LuuKyK

Nothing screams cause for alarm like near universal acclaim, eh? I can understand being worried that the game can't possibly live up to the hype, but at this point I think it's clear that at worst it's a wonderful experience with very broad appeal. At worst.

Pretty clear he is being sarcastic going by his last few posts.

witness

Alright cancelled my Amazon preorder and switched to gamestop today. I can pick it up at 9pm tomorrow night, fucking hyped to play this earlier than expected!

neoglow

Banned
GOD DAMMIT!

I went in to Sainbury's this morning. Went up to the electronics counter and, casually, asked the lady there if they had a PS4 game called Horizon. She looked clueless, and said "ooh, not sure I'll check". So she unlocked the drawer, lo and behold there it was. "Is this it?" she asked. "Yes, that's it" I said, trying to be casual.

So she scanned it through the till, then some other woman came out from the stock room thing behind the counter, saw it and said "you can't sell that it's not out yet." So she had to cancel the transaction.

SHIT! I was so close. If that other lady had stayed in the stock room for 30 more seconds I would have had it. BUGGER.

Oh man that sucks, sooooo close.

Good idea though, might try myself ;)

Here is my review after about 30 hours. Very non spoilerish as far as story and most bigger enemies. Locations are a bit varied.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig0bZqmNz0w&feature=youtu.be Very laid back.

Great video mate. Regarding your technical nip picks, were those while using the latest patches for the game or are these issues prior to patching the game?
Would be interested to know if they resolved some of the technical issues with the day one patch.

*waits for his cookie*

Great video mate. Regarding your technical nip picks, were those while using the latest patches for the game or are these issues prior to patching the game?
Would be interested to know if they resolved some of the technical issues with the day one patch.

*waits for his cookie*

This was before the patch, but I've heard it really only smooths out some very minor framerate issues which honestly happened so little that I've not even tried the performance switch yet.

Sturtiebe

This was before the patch, but I've heard it really only smooths out some very minor framerate issues which honestly happened so little that I've not even tried the performance switch yet.

Hey few more questions

Can you lay down or go in sneak mode ?
Is the plot twist good or meh ?

Here is my review after about 30 hours. Very non spoilerish as far as story and most bigger enemies. Locations are a bit varied.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig0bZqmNz0w&feature=youtu.be Very laid back.

is that giant bird a normal enemy?

i was kind of surprised by your critiques when you brought up the big city i thought you'd say something like "the city isn't very interact-able" or something like that

the map layout and the four different climate "environments" not being too far from each other is a good point too, reminds me of the sudden night day cycle lapsing, somewhat jarring but not a huge point of contention

I think you apologize too much personally but it was an informative review

is that giant bird a normal enemy?

i was kind of surprised by your critiques when you brought up the big city i thought you'd say something like "the city isn't very interact-able" or something like that

the map layout and the four different climate "environments" not being too far from each other is a good point too, reminds me of the sudden night day cycle lapsing, somewhat jarring but not a huge point of contention

I think you apologize too much personally but it was an informative review

Yes that bird is just in the world. Chilling hehe.

The big city, while looking nice just sticks out to me like a sore thumb. It's much more dense with people and it's huge with more fog (likely to help frame rate is my guess) it's hard to put in words as seeing the city and going to it is great, but being in it, every time I just fell like it feels.... off.

Thanks for watching. I wanted to go more on about human air, which is serviceable but not a point that bothered me, the inventory management which is a bit cumbersome, but again little things and I try to keep reviews around 10 to 12 minutes and this one was already pushing it. End of the day, it's a incredible achievement on the ps4 and while it def shows its open world roots at times, the sum of it all together surely surpasses the more miniscule or minor aspect that were to my disliking.

You still not finish the game ?

Nope. Still.making my way through. I try to not rush games I absolutely adore. So I've not much rushed through the story at all.

Sturtiebe

Yes that bird is just in the world. Chilling hehe.

The big city, while looking nice just sticks out to me like a sore thumb. It's much more dense with people and it's huge with more fog (likely to help frame rate is my guess) it's hard to put in words as seeing the city and going to it is great, but being in it, every time I just fell like it feels.... off.

Thanks for watching. I wanted to go more on about human air, which is serviceable but not a point that bothered me, the inventory management which is a bit cumbersome, but again little things and I try to keep reviews around 10 to 12 minutes and this one was already pushing it. End of the day, it's a incredible achievement on the ps4 and while it def shows its open world roots at times, the sum of it all together surely surpasses the more miniscule or minor aspect that were to my disliking.

Nope. Still.making my way through. I try to not rush games I absolutely adore. So I've not much rushed through the story at all.
You make a review without complete the game :p Bad reviewer !!! xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom