• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fezan

game is mucho pretty

lQ0OVcB.gif

This is the best jungle I have ever seen

Quasar

Well...listening to the most recent 'Axe of the Blood God' podcast made me sad and sorry for Kat and the USGamer reviewer for daring to have a review that was not the same as everyone elses. To the point of getting death threats.

I guess that's par for the course in the gaming space though. I never really grokked the extreme reactions gamers seem to have to reviews. As noted on the same podcast, 8.8 never forget.

Though given how it seems to have spread to film reviews a bit, maybe its online culture and not specifically gamer culture.

Ok so this is really weird. The game pre load didn't start, and now when I check my download queue in the psn app, it says "1 match" but then dosent show the game. If I manually click "Download to my PS4" the queue says "1-2 of 2 Matches" but only shows the game once, and it says waiting for previous download. I think something glitched and I cannot download it. Anyone have this problem? I really hope it's not screwed up. I just bought it like I have bought all my other games!

Second generation game for guerrilla and taking advantage of what the pro has to offer.

That's just the thing. The game looks identical on PS4 and PS4 Pro, so no, this isn't a Pro thing. Just the fact that a game like this with UC4 visuals is possible on just PS4 alone...that's insane.

Hawk269

Has there been much talk on replay ability? just deciding if I want to physical if it is linear and a 1 run thing or something you play again because there are things you can miss or it is not linear. Been avoiding a lot of media so what say you Gaf?

Garlador

game is mucho pretty

lQ0OVcB.gif

dgib.gif

I still can't believe it looks this good.

And, worth repeating again, it performs like a dream. It's surreal.

Has there been much talk on replay ability? just deciding if I want to physical if it is linear and a 1 run thing or something you play again because there are things you can miss or it is not linear. Been avoiding a lot of media so what say you Gaf?
Folks that have played it said it's a massive game. There's nothing you can really miss and I believe all trophies can be tackled without being locked out. Some Podcasts were saying that the game is just so big that it's not a game they'll replay very often, simply because they could beat The Last of Us four times in the span of Horizon's single playthrough, but many others have said this is a game with a world worth revisiting.

its a long ass game. its open world and they give you space to run around and do whatever.

You can choose to pursue the side quest, main quest etc.

I'd say it's actually quite replayable but I dont know if you'd want to after spending 30-60 hours on it. I think my final game time is 45-50ish hours. And I didnt do a few sidequests.

Hawk269

That's just the thing. The game looks identical on PS4 and PS4 Pro, so no, this isn't a Pro thing. Just the fact that a game like this with UC4 visuals is possible on just PS4 alone...that's insane.
I.would not.classify better textures and overall resolution as identical. Regardless from the little I have seen looks great on both.

Guys, this game is a fucking looker on a big screen. I'm currently playing on a PS4 Pro and it's so satisfying to walk through the field grass as the sun shines down at Aloy. Great stuff.

Good grief those gifs....

Cool.

Yeah, I've been short on money recently, and usually would've skipped out on getting this game day 1 due to having many unplayed games already, but thanks to an amazon glitch that doubled my discount (on top of a reduced promotional price) I'm getting it for $32.54 CAD (24.84 USD) including taxes. Same price for Nier Automata as well.

And while I have no intention on playing Ghost Recon Wildlands, it's part of the same glitched order, and got an even heavier pricedrop temporarily, resulting in me getting it for 22.59 CAD (17.25 USD) after tax. Gonna sell it as soon as I receive it and make a decent profit. Only have FF7R and Sea Of Thieves left as part of that order after these games come out.
I need to figure out how to get this glitch lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom