• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's interesting how all the ads are pushing the digital version and the Playstation Store. It's the first time I can recall seeing that.
Yep, they profit more off that version so it makes sense. Buying this game from the store also encourages continued buys from the PS Store.

Tomeru

But that's exactly what it is. For anything.

And no, an 8 isn't 8, because review scores aren't a science or some standardized measure. Every score from every site is on its own individual scale. There is no standard.

We're not talking numbers. We're talking labels. What are 8/10 graphics or a 7/10 story? The numbers are arbitrary labels, a numerical representation of something that's non-numerical. You can just as easily replace 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 with Bad, Mediocre, Average, Good, Excellent, and nothing would change

I'll just say this and lets get back ot.

I think that if there was no standard in scoring, than many games would be scored all over the place. The fact that most (if not all) game score mostly the same across dozens of reviews, is proof to me that there is some standard lurking behind the scoring. Replacing it with Bad/Mediocre and such is just as bad, I agree. It should come down to a Yes/No when reviewing imho.\

And this game is a resounding yes according to ~95% of reviewers.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This has now been a general hype/impression/screenshot thread for a good while. The OT is up, as is the spoiler free impression thread. Enjoy the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom