• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Spoiler-free Impressions (for real this time)

The only thing that bugs me about the environments is the shade of night time. It has a greenish tinge when normally your eyes "see" blue at night due to decreased colour sensitivity in low light. It just looks a little unnatural. Everything else looks fantastic though.
These screenshots don't seem so green. Actually I'm surprised by how good nighttime looks here

http://i.imgur.com/aKvTJqa.jpg
http://i.share.pho.to/be91f2b1_o.png

Nothing really spoilery, forest areas and no machines

Nah, I don't think it's required. Even old 3D Zelda has more variety in melee combat than Horizon (shields and different sword attacks) and it didn't have a stamina bar.
Goes to show you variety isn't everything, combat in Zelda is atrocious. Of course it has other stuff going for it but combat isn't one of them.

I'm fine with limited melee, not everything needs to be like Souls games. Watch dogs is great and didn't have melee really. Hopefully they give you more defensive stuff though, that's a valid point.

Glassboy

Questions

Can you go back in stealth again if you attack him ?
Is the framerate locked in the boss battle or are there drops ?
There are definitely drops in some of the busier battles. Nothing game breaking or even worth complaining about imo. Overall the frame rate is damn solid on a PS4 pro

Does the game use the all the DualShock 4 features from changing colors of lightbar, sounds from monospeaker, trackpad, motion controls?

Not a gif maker kinda guy, so quality isn't great but....

GbBkqbZ.gif

Muninn

Banned
No we will see ;)

I read impressions that the combat is very limited. I think thats the important thing in the game. I hope i am wrong and will have over the 88

Gawd people and their metacritic.

So much hope. So much need. So much concern. Over fucking metacritic.

Also, GG's games are ALWAYS tough on the highest setting. It won't be that easy if they keep that going. Last Killzone 2 battle shivers.

vivekTO

Not a gif maker kinda guy, so quality isn't great but....

Just downloaded the video!! the game is truly standout in motion, I mean it looks good in screenshots but the Gameplay looks damn fine in motion too.the lighting is just top notch in night scene , now i am realised why guerrila used a strong light source at night , the scattering of light from leaves and grass, coupled with FOG , just adds to the whole atmosphere.

Also the Facial animation of Aloy is pretty great in this particular cutscene.

And the destruction of environments just adds to the illusion of a lively world.

Thanks for the videos.

{cough}Couldron video plz{/cough}

Tyaren

Good lord. These are on a PRO, right...?

The second one looks like 1080p resolution standard PS4. There's not so great anisotropic filtering with the ground texture going on and the gras has some jaggies. Didn't notice anything like that on Slasher's Pro pics.

The second one look like 1080p resolution standard PS4. There's not so great anisotropic filtering with the ground texture going on and the gras has some jaggies. Didn't notice anything like that on Slasher's Pro pics.

Plus I think those have filters on. Mine do not and are from pro.

bunkitz

Those look like 1080p resolution standard PS4. There's not so great anisotropic filtering with the ground texture going on and the gras has some jaggies. Didn't notice anything like that on Slasher's Pro pics.

Well shit. Alright, super cool. I was just lowering my expectations of what I'll be seeing on my own screen, hahaha.

Seriously, though, the nights look crazy good. I'm gonna be taking a lot of screenshots.

Tyaren

Well shit. Alright, super cool. I was just lowering my expectations of what I'll be seeing on my own screen, hahaha.

Seriously, though, the nights look crazy good. I'm gonna be taking a lot of screenshots.

You quoted me too fast, lol. I slightly edited my post. ;) I think at least the second one is from standard PS4. First one is hard to tell, its IQ is so blurry...

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Do those that have played this think it's better than UC4?

Just trying to see if this can stand with the likes of bloodborne, UC4, and TLG as Sony's best exclusives

Top Bottom