• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Spoiler-free Impressions (for real this time)

Final boss spoilers, fucks sake

we finally know what happened to the old ones

49401673.cached.jpg

Socivol

So many people are selling this early on Ebay just FYI for anyone that desperately wants it. If I wasn't going to be out of town this weekend I would have purchased a copy.

Ok probably my last round of gifs before the embargo is dropped. It's also getting harder to video stuff and show as I get farther. Enjoy!

yAMz9CD.gif

Rf9SmxJ.gif

0LsapaJ.gif

0ZmkTdS.gif

zdp4mVp.gif

r5qxCQh.gif

a0XQ24m.gif

VanWinkle

Let's say this is the scale of side quest quality in an open world RPG (not saying DA:I is literally the worst, but these are the two I'm comparing):

Dragon Age: Inquisition-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Witcher 3

Where would the quality of the side quests in Horizon fit in to that?

For those wanting to see a gif in a cauldron, head to the spoilers page. It's just a single gif but it's pretty rad!
Let's say this is the scale of side quest quality in an open world RPG (not saying DA:I is literally the worst, but these are the two I'm comparing):

Dragon Age: Inquisition-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Witcher 3

DA:I -------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----------------------------------Witcher 3

This seems a legit scale. I would add that DA:I could be arbitrarily replaced by AC games.

A little annoyed Guerilla still suck with rain effects.

There a little things here and there that suffer I'd say, but if it's what they had to do to get this running like it does and looking as it does. I'd say the trade off is worth it. This is one of, if not THE best looking game I've had the pleasure of playing.

There a little things here and there that suffer I'd say, but if it's what they had to do to get this running like it does and looking as it does. I'd say the trade off is worth it. This is one of, if not THE best looking game I've had the pleasure of playing.
Oh yeah, love everything else Ive seen.

Just you know, remembered Killzone Shadowfall that still looks amazing in a lot of levels, but the one with rain sticks out like a sore thumb for me.

Wollan

Horizon is currently #1 videogame (any platform) on both Amazon.com & co.uk.
In the US another game has both spot #2 and #3 so combined maybe leading in that market.

Horizon is currently #1 videogame (any platform) on both Amazon.com & co.uk.
In the US another game has both spot #2 and #3 so combined maybe leading in that market.
Still can't believe no bundle, for pro or slim just nothing. No special edition one or anything disappointed

Wollan

PS4 Pro is sold out. They could have bundled it with slim but Horizon has become the unofficial 'Pro mascot' (despite super competent base version) so they will likely wait until production catches up.

The Lamp

This world is just madness. Spoilers of the last 5 minutes of traversing the world around me (just details about some environmental interactions).

I just finish a main mission. I head down a mountain and my next objective is far away. I decide to find a ride instead of fast travel.

I come down the mountain and another member of my tribe is wandering around getting assaulted by bandit scavengers of another tribe. I couldn't save him in time, but I kill his enemies.

In the midst of the commotion, some giant thunderbird machines that were circling are alerted to the commotion and start lobbying frozen energy at me and trying to peck at me like crows.

I finally escape them because I don't have the patience or ammo to waste on them. Then I come across a pasture where chargers (bull-like machines) are grazing. I want to override one to mount it like a bull, but it alerts the rest of the herd. The herd attacks, but my overridden charger helps me kill them all. I thought I had clutched victory, but now that swarm of thunderbirds has been alerted to my presence again and starts attacking my overridden charger, killing it, and then chasing me into the mountains.

Fuck this, I'm fast traveling lmao

I love this world.

iFirez

So many people are selling this early on Ebay just FYI for anyone that desperately wants it. If I wasn't going to be out of town this weekend I would have purchased a copy.
I would probably buy a copy if there were any on UK eBay. Purely to have more than 2 days with it before the Switch and BoTW come out.

tmac456

This world is just madness. Spoilers of the last 5 minutes of traversing the world around me (just details about some environmental interactions).

I just finish a main mission. I head down a mountain and my next objective is far away. I decide to find a ride instead of fast travel.

I come down the mountain and another member of my tribe is wandering around getting assaulted by bandit scavengers of another tribe. I couldn't save him in time, but I kill his enemies.

In the midst of the commotion, some giant thunderbird machines that were circling are alerted to the commotion and start lobbying frozen energy at me and trying to peck at me like crows.

I finally escape them because I don't have the patience or ammo to waste on them. Then I come across a pasture where chargers (bull-like machines) are grazing. I want to override one to mount it like a bull, but it alerts the rest of the herd. The herd attacks, but my overridden charger helps me kill them all. I thought I had clutched victory, but now that swarm of thunderbirds has been alerted to my presence again and starts attacking my overridden charger, killing it, and then chasing me into the mountains.

I love this world.

these are the kind of things that have me hyped the most. living breathing world where all sorts of crazy random shit happens

hydruxo

I love this world.

Ughhh that sounds so amazing.

Top Bottom