• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Spoiler-free Impressions (for real this time)

It even suffers from Far Cry Syndrome in that you can absolutely overlevel yourself doing all sorts of side stuff before any main quests (that end up being way more exciting than the shit story missions). It's LITERALLY the same fucking thing in how systematic it is.

You do know that you can do that is any RPG like since forever right .
Even over levelling people want to saying Ubi started it LMAO.

Can someone link me a very good Zelda dungeon gameplay, I never played Zelda but lately people talk about how good they are and the only thing that i have seen that looks like a dungeon is that one with the ball and wind puzzle.

They are not as good as people say, not sure why Zelda dungeons are so lauded? Souls dungeons are far better. Puzzles are usually standard fair, and I am a big zelda fan, got switch pre-ordered.

Technically, juniors can and have been tagged, but his most likely tag will be in gray.

tumblr_inline_ojyf74mZKb1qlez23_500.gif

Can someone link me a very good Zelda dungeon gameplay, I never played Zelda but lately people talk about how good they are and the only thing that i have seen that looks like a dungeon is that one with the ball and wind puzzle.
My favorite Zelda Dungeon is Forest Temple in Ocarina of Time. Can't link anything because I'm in mobile right now sorry.

Betty

Banned
I'm the meat in the Kat sandwich, you two post WAY too close to each other.

Wait...what's someone getting tagged?

See how some of us have things other than member under our username?

That's cuz a mod tagged us due to a unique event or characteristic or embarrassing moment.

Most of this can be opinion but the zelda thing is not. That's factually inaccurate, no it's not even close to a zelda dungeon. Please no one expect a zelda dungeon, it's not.

The videos of any one shrine in BOTW is more complex than the stuff in horizon.

Thankfully, I don't think anyone was expecting craziness like that. How are they as you progress btw? I know you said the first one was fairly simple, have they improved?

Obviously, I'm not talking Zelda tier. But just within the game, is there like a clear additive nature as you progress through them in terms of puzzles and plarforming?

The story being ass according to Musician is my biggest take away.
One of the best stories for me. Side missions are really well done, they all tell a little story on each one, if you listen to the dialogue closely and not hammer X... Simply amazing story, loving it so far...

ironcreed

Banned
Yeah, a few people who are playing have put the story up there with The Witcher 3. Especially the side missions. I'm not too worried about it.

vivekTO

Well no but I really wanna read further impressions from him, particularly the end when he reaches it so I don't wanna gang up on him.

The lamp is playing the game and he said the story is fine. If musician said its ass that doesn't mean its ass, keep in mind how he is thinking about the whole story.

Betty

Banned
One of the best stories for me. Side missions are really well done, they all tell a little story on each one, if you listen to the dialogue closely and not hammer X... Simply amazing story, loving it so far...

That's great but how good are those white women really?

Funny how Betty only seems to be honoring the impressions of a blatant racist. ;P
Disregard his opinion, Betty. He's clearly not a reliable source:

Krakin

The few white men Ive come in contact with are are all assholes. The white womenz is fine doe (and they're all granny sub characters so who gives a shit because the story is ass anyway)

Everyone else is black, brown or yellow and it's fucking hilarious

Game is still fun, but man what the fuck were Guerilla thinking. Really needed to score some points that bad after Shadowfall huh?

Sheesh

It's pretty bad with the racial/pandering bullshit dudes

I haven't been this wavy on a game in a long time. For all of the ups there's just as many downs.

I was high on it as soon as it opened and then once I got the gist it was the same shit I've been playing for the past three years (but super pretty)

It even suffers from Far Cry Syndrome in that you can absolutely overlevel yourself doing all sorts of side stuff before any main quests (that end up being way more exciting than the shit story missions). It's LITERALLY the same fucking thing in how systematic it is.

WHERES MY FUCKING T REX

That's about the only thing that could redeem this experience significantly at this point right now.

Killing the dinobots never gets old though

And the optional dungeons are fuckin sweet. Probably better than Zelda's. Probably.

I'm even more hyped now.

Top Bottom