• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Spoiler-free Impressions (for real this time)

vivekTO

WHERES MY FUCKING T REX

That's about the only thing that could redeem this experience significantly at this point right now.

They are right on the map, what does that even mean, they are not some boss fight which tiger three times in the main story or something , right?? People have been posting videos fighting with it!!

I mean i don't want to call him for whatever else he has written , that his personnel opinion, No matter how awkward that sound along with calling out people saying "cute aloy"

ironcreed

Banned
The few white men Ive come in contact with are are all assholes. The white womenz is fine doe (and they're all granny sub characters so who gives a shit because the story is ass anyway)

Everyone else is black, brown or yellow and it's fucking hilarious

Game is still fun, but man what the fuck were Guerilla thinking. Really needed to score some points that bad after Shadowfall huh?

Sheesh

It's pretty bad with the racial/pandering bullshit dudes

I haven't been this wavy on a game in a long time. For all of the ups there's just as many downs.

I was high on it as soon as it opened and then once I got the gist it was the same shit I've been playing for the past three years (but super pretty)

It even suffers from Far Cry Syndrome in that you can absolutely overlevel yourself doing all sorts of side stuff before any main quests (that end up being way more exciting than the shit story missions). It's LITERALLY the same fucking thing in how systematic it is.

WHERES MY FUCKING T REX

That's about the only thing that could redeem this experience significantly at this point right now.

Killing the dinobots never gets old though

And the optional dungeons are fuckin sweet. Probably better than Zelda's. Probably.

tumblr_m04c8sJjK61qzlvmi.gif

The few white men Ive come in contact with are are all assholes. The white womenz is fine doe (and they're all granny sub characters so who gives a shit because the story is ass anyway)

Game is still fun, but man what the fuck were Guerilla thinking. Really needed to score some points that bad after Shadowfall huh?

Sheesh

I haven't been this wavy on a game in a long time. For all of the ups there's just as many downs.

I was high on it as soon as it opened and then once I got the gist it was the same shit I've been playing for the past three years (but super pretty)

It even suffers from Far Cry Syndrome in that you can absolutely overlevel yourself doing all sorts of side stuff before any main quests (that end up being way more exciting than the shit story missions). It's LITERALLY the same fucking thing in how systematic it is.

WHERES MY FUCKING T REX

And the optional dungeons are fuckin sweet. Probably better than Zelda's. Probably.

Most of this can be opinion but the zelda thing is not. That's factually inaccurate, no it's not even close to a zelda dungeon. Please no one expect a zelda dungeon, it's not.

The videos of any one shrine in BOTW is more complex than the stuff in horizon.

Sheesh

WHERES MY FUCKING T REX

tell me how you really feel.

What a bizarre post. Any legitimate criticism is drowned out by incoherent nonsense.

Agreed, the point about side missions apparently destroying the balance of the main missions is something that worries me in every RPG I've played.

But that opening is just...lmao. It's so hard not to laugh at that.

Betty

Banned
I don't think we should take anything he has said as anything other then hyperbole or trolling.

I really don't see why, he hasn't been that way at all until now and that's only people assuming now is different because of the things he mentions about race.

I'm not condoning him I'm just saying he's probably giving his honest thoughts.

VanWinkle

Most of this can be opinion but the zelda thing is not. That's factually inaccurate, no it's not even close to a zelda dungeon. Please no one expect a zelda dungeon, it's not.

Do you mean don't expect a Zelda dungeon because the quality is not even close, or what you DO in it in not even close to the same stuff you do in a Zelda dungeon?

FATALITY

Banned

Can someone link me a very good Zelda dungeon gameplay, I never played Zelda but lately people talk about how good they are and the only thing that i have seen that looks like a dungeon is that one with the ball and wind puzzle.

When I checked back after only a few minutes away and saw the thread grew two more pages I knew I was in for something good, but man. I wasn't expecting that

The Lamp

My god I was hunting a herd for resources and I separated a lancehorn from the others without noticing. A stormbird came down to hunt the stray lancehorn and feasted on its resources.

What is this game lmao

Sheesh

WHERES MY FUCKING T REX

Either youre trolling, meaning youre a loser, or your serious, meaning youre an idiot

I really don't see why, he hasn't been that way at all until now and that's only people assuming now is different because of the things he mentions about race.

I'm not condoning him I'm just saying he's probably giving his honest thoughts.

If those are his honest thoughts, that doesn't make him look good lol.

My god I was hunting a herd for resources and I separated a lancehorn from the others without noticing. A stormbird came down to hunt the stray lancehorn and feasted on its resources.

What is this game lmao
Savage. So I guess the robots don't always work together?
Minus the corruption and override.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

What is this game lmao

I hope I get to see a Thunderjaw wreck some herds, Jurassic Park T-Rex style.

Top Bottom