• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds now available for Pre-Order! ($20/$15 PS+)

So, US PS plus gets 25% discount.
UK gets around 6.5% discount
EU gets around 10% discount

Is this some kind of joke? Or just another Sony "Fuck You" to European customers?
I love the game, but I guess I'll wait for a sale.

Shock32

Is this some kind of joke? Or just another Sony "Fuck You" to European customers?

Are people really this petty, I was shocked and amazed we get any kind of discount.

Are people really this petty, I was shocked and amazed we get any kind of discount.

Well excuse me if I'm a bit conscious about how I spend my hard earned money, not all of us have money to burn. Clearly you don't value your money much... or you work for the Sony defense force.

bombshell

You want to say the Addon will not release this year?
On the PS store it is set with the price until 31.12.2017. Or do they mean the regular price not the the PS Plus one?

It says that the discount price is until 31/12, but that is also the placeholder release date it has in the store. When the real release date is added, the pre-order discount end date will be adjusted accordingly.

Shock32

Well excuse me if I'm a bit conscious about how I spend my hard earned money, not all of us have money to burn. Clearly you don't value your money much... or you work for the Sony defense force.

I value my money and would have gladly paid $20 for the DLC; so any discount was icing no matter what percentage it was compared to other regions.

I value my money and would have gladly paid $20 for the DLC; so any discount was icing no matter what percentage it was compared to other regions.

It's not the original price that is in question, its the discount, reading comprehension is essential when giving an opinion. I pay the same (actually more) for PS plus as someone in the US, so why is my discount lower? It's the principle of the matter. I rather not have a discount and everyone paid the same than this price disparity.

Shock32

It's not the original price that is in question, its the discount, reading comprehension is essential when giving an opinion. I pay the same (actually more) for PS plus as someone in the US, so why is my discount lower? It's the principle of the matter. I rather not have a discount and everyone paid the same than this price disparity.

I comprehend exactly what you're saying, you'd rather pay more money than a have a discount of any kind because somebody else had a larger percentage discount than you. Like I said before, petty.

Liamc723

I comprehend exactly what you're saying, you'd rather pay more money than a have a discount of any kind because somebody else had a larger percentage discount than you. Like I said before, petty.

Errr no, it's simply unfair.

If there's a discount, it should be across the board and apply to every PSN region. Not just America. "I wasn't expecting any sort of discount so this is still great!" isn't an excuse.

Nope, you still don't get the point, but that's OK, as long as you're happy with your discount. Let's just leave it at that.

RDreamer

Kinda weird this was the 2nd thing shown in the conference and kind of a big deal, yet there's really no more information or talk about it at all.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Pre ordered last night.
First time i've preordered a DLC lol

Pre ordered last night also.

After Horizon, I'll follow GG through the gates of hell.

P.S. how was shadowfall? Maybe I should go back and play that? (i realize it's a very diff game)

ghibli99

Discount is tempting, but I really need to know more about this DLC before I commit. It's why I'm holding out on the Expansion Pass for BOTW until I see what's in the second pack.

Kinda weird this was the 2nd thing shown in the conference and kind of a big deal, yet there's really no more information or talk about it at all.
Guerrilla has been answering questions about it and there is a trailer. It's DLC, what more would you have them do?

Shock32

Errr no, it's simply unfair.

If there's a discount, it should be across the board and apply to every PSN region. Not just America. "I wasn't expecting any sort of discount so this is still great!" isn't an excuse.

Well the only thing I can say is I hope Sony is reading this and next time they don't give a discount to anybody. That was everything is fair and everybody will be happy.

Pre ordered last night also.

After Horizon, I'll follow GG through the gates of hell.

P.S. how was shadowfall? Maybe I should go back and play that? (i realize it's a very diff game)

If you want to rethink your idea to follow Guerrilla to the gates of hell, go and play it.

Otherwise just wait for The Frozen Wilds! ;)

Shadow Fall is... average and I'm being nice.

johnny956

Is VAT included in those prices? That would make sense on the percentages being less over there

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I will not pre-order DLC to save a couple of pounds and in that case it'll be on a sale at some point too.

If you want to rethink your idea to follow Guerrilla to the gates of hell, go and play it.

Otherwise just wait for The Frozen Wilds! ;)

Shadow Fall is... average and I'm being nice.

Interesting!

I'll prolly skip it. FPS is hardly my favorite genre (excluding Overwatch). I suppose it was prolly a typical launch title.

Good to know!

Can't speak for anyone else, but I preordered it for the content not the discount.

Yeah, same. I was in day one for $20 so this is a bonus.

They not only made a fantastic game, but their post launch support has been S tier. Even since I quit playing they've been putting out consistent updates that improve QoL stuff.

Good devs should be rewarded

Top Bottom