• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hot Shots Golf PSP Screenshot

psp_news02.jpg

Ignore if old.

jarrod

Banned
So... is SCEA ever going to leave the models alone? I figured they'd let it go for Fore! but evidently not. :(

tenchir

Not a port machine huh?

*I don't have any problem with it being a port machine, just to the guy saying it's not a port machine.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
tenchir said:
Not a port machine huh?

*I don't have any problem with it being a port machine, just to the guy saying it's not a port machine.

I dunno, maybe it'll be a port machine just like GBA was/is a port machine (see F-Zero and Mario Kart).

Insertia

tenchir said:
Not a port machine huh?

A Mario Golf title was just released for GBA.

OMFG GBA AM TEH P0RT MACHIN3!!!111

tenchir

Insertia said:
A Mario Golf title was just released for GBA.

OMFG GBA AM TEH P0RT MACHIN3!!!111

If you are going to pick an example, pick a good one or at least understand the term port. So Mario Golf is a port of...... N64??? GC???

And to people who didn't bother to read, I will repeat it again, I don't have a problem with it being a port machine, just to the person saying it's not a port machine. i swear, none of you read the whole post.

tenchir said:
Not a port machine huh?

How do you know this is even a port? All the HSG look basically the same, but they have different courses and options.

Insertia

doesn't matter.

Point being, comments are made whenever a console series is shown for PSP, yet over half of GBA's titles are watered down ports from consoles.

Kiriku said:
I dunno, maybe it'll be a port machine just like GBA was/is a port machine (see F-Zero and Mario Kart).

What, there is no F-Zero or Mario Kart port on GBA, they're all new games. Unless you're referring to the unlockable SNES tracks in MKSC..

Anyways, looks decent, though again screenshots should just stop being posted as they never do a game justice.

Insertia said:
doesn't matter.

Point being, comments are made whenever a console series is shown for PSP, yet over half of GBA's titles are watered down ports from consoles.

Don't feed the trolls.

Secondly, you're saying that nearly 800 of the 1500 or so released GBA games are ports? I highly doubt that.

tenchir

SolidSnakex said:
I don't, but if Sony says no direct ports, I really doubt they're going to be the first to break that rule.

It's not like Sony has a good track record with promises when it concerns third party. Let's take a recent one for example: Sony did promise downloadable content for their HDD once it launch did they not? While it's also the fault of Zipper(Socom II), Sony was responsible for promising the downloadable content and that games will take advantage of the HDD(only 3 that I know of for the US so far).

I know Nintendo doesn't have a good track record too, but that doesn't mean I should take everything Sony says at face value.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
So from one screenshot on an untranslated Japanese site you've determined that Sony has broken their word about direct ports, tenchir?

tenchir

kaching said:
So from one screenshot on an untranslated Japanese site you've determined that Sony has broken their word about direct ports, tenchir?

There's no info surrounding the said picture. If they don't want any speculation about it being a port, they should have at least said something. Like I said before, I see the glass half empty.

Insertia

DarthWufei said:
Don't feed the trolls.

Secondly, you're saying that nearly 800 of the 1500 or so released GBA games are ports? I highly doubt that.

yep. browse through the GBA section of gamefaqs.

ports, ports, ports, shovelware, ports.

tenchir said:
There's no info surrounding the said picture. If they don't want any speculation about it being a port, they should have at least said something. Like I said before, I see the glass half empty.

I doubt they really thought people would think it's a port based on 1 picture. It's the very definition of jumping to conclusions. It just seems like you're upset at Sony and are ready to jump on them for the most minor thing.

tenchir

SolidSnakex said:
I doubt they really thought people would think it's a port based on 1 picture. It's the very definition of jumping to conclusions. It just seems like you're upset at Sony and are ready to jump on them for the most minor thing.

What the hell, the picture looks like the other HotShot golf series(just with wider screen), there's only 1 picture with no information surrounding, it, how can they not expect people not to think to be some sort of port? You have to jump to a conclusion because there's no information that goes with the picture.

Screw this, it's not worth it arguing about just one picture, there's really nothing any of you can tell me to change my mind until there's more info released.

Insertia said:
yep. browse through the GBA section of gamefaqs.

ports, ports, ports, shovelware, ports.

Are you that dim witted? Seriously, I look through the action section and for every port I see 3 or 4 new titles. The same goes for future releases, hell this is the case when I look through the release lists at PocketHeaven. Do I really need to count how many total ports there are for you to make stop making false claims? There are quite a few ports yes, but they certainly do not take up over half of the software line up. I can see that just by skimming through the genres.

If it were truely over half, every other game would be a port. I do not see evidence of this.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
If they don't want any speculation about it being a port, they should have at least said something.
So you're saying that they WANT you to think its a direct port? You can be mister glass half empty if you like but that doesn't give you the clairvoyance to speak for other people's unrevealed intentions.

You have to jump to a conclusion because there's no information that goes with the picture.
You don't "have to" do anything. Other options also include waiting for more information before rushing to judgment, for example.

Screw this, it's not worth it arguing about just one picture
I think you're onto something there!!

Top Bottom