• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hotline Miami |OT| - All your LSD are belong to us. You are already dead

surly

Banned
Thanks man, but I tried that and it made no difference. Is there any way to get a refund? I should have read all the comments about how buggy this game is before buying it.

Tenck

Thanks man, but I tried that and it made no difference. Is there any way to get a refund? I should have read all the comments about how buggy this game is before buying it.

Don't think Valve gives refunds. Had the same problem, and it fixed itself. Even after the update (that took forever might I add) it kept popping up. Then out of nowhere It resolved itself.

And yes, game is a buggy mess. Only game that made me want a refund, but I'm just glad it's working now.

Haunted

So I got all the puzzle pieces and
used the PC in the final level
The alternate ending was okay, not bad
. I still need to get all the masks. Does the red X in the level selection menu mean you don't have the mask or there isn't a mask? I'm assuming it means I just didn't unlock it yet.
Red X means there isn't one.

If you have no black silhouette in the mask selection, you have them all.

AlexM

Had a blast playing this game. Love the soundtrack too. I just wish there were more levels

Is the DLC for buying it off GetGames out?

Raptomex

So some of the chapters have a red X where the mask should be like
Trauma
. Does that mean there is no mask in the chapter or I just didn't find it?

RatDog

Neo Member
Really fun game, had to pick it up ( especially after reading articles about the dev). Highly recommended for anyone still on the fence.

aeolist

Banned
Mission Five locks up on me to the point where I can't even kill the game.

After hard rebooting my PC both times I've found that it corrupted the game save and wouldn't let me start over. I had to reinstall and manually erase the save files.

I'll be waiting for a patch before I try again.

Dachande

Just finished this. It's fucking amazing, I loved it. So hard, but so satisfying when you get it right, the elation of clearing a stage is perfect.

Decado

Was a demo ever released, and if not, is one planned? I could swear I heard about one. I just want to see how it controls with a gamepad before biting.

microtubule

"We don't want to reveal too much, but it will probably have more playable characters than the first game did," Soderstrom told Eurogamer. "And a couple of different stories and angles. It will probably be about as long as the full game, so probably we'll charge something for it. It will be like a sequel kind of, but building on the story." He said he's unsure when it will be ready, but they're hoping that having the engine finished means it will be a much faster process.

Hope these guys are working on mac port as well!

d1rtn4p

Damn, love this game, but it's crashing left and right on Windows 8. I hit a point in the tenth mission where it's now crashing everytime I get to a certain point. Disappointed; I'm hoping a patch will fix this.

Jex

I've been working on an all fists Tiger mask run through. It's pretty glorious. Guns and weapons are for losers.

Alucrid

Banned
So it seems whenever I kill three people back to back the game crashes. Any one else encounter this? It makes level 6 impossible to get through.

Def Jukie

Can someone explain the scoring system in this game? I think I am going to try and go for A+ ranks on all the chapters but I don't really understand how I am being judged.

d1rtn4p

I'm on Windows 8 and there's a known crash on mission 10 that makes it really hard to finish the mission. It has to do with too many windows being broken. It happens to crash for me everytime, so I haven't been able to finish the game yet.

fallagin

Even though most of the music wasn't composed specifically for the game, I still think that they chose amazing music. Really feels amazingly gritty and nuanced, I love it.

boosh5

Banned

If you're running Windows 7, try stopping the Print Spooler service before launching the game. Sounds weird, but it fixed it for me.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I haven't played this or Retro City Rampage yet, but I wanted to make an observation. Both games seem, visually, pretty similar and outwardly have some overlap. I know they're mechanically different, of course.

But... Retro City Rampage was teased what feels like years in advance, had constant exposure, had the big mega drama bomb over platform destination stuff, still hasn't made it out on XBLA... and kinda cratered when it came out. No one seems to have liked it much, critical reception was poor, etc. Hotline Miami... I only remember hearing about it once or twice before release (and at least a few of those times was people noting that it seemed visually similar to Retro City Rampage), but since then it's been a steady boil of people saying it's one of their top games of the year, it's got an excellent critical reception.

So I guess it speaks a little bit to the value of actually making a great game rather than hyping it in advance :p

Def Jukie

I haven't played this or Retro City Rampage yet, but I wanted to make an observation. Both games seem, visually, pretty similar and outwardly have some overlap. I know they're mechanically different, of course.

But... Retro City Rampage was teased what feels like years in advance, had constant exposure, had the big mega drama bomb over platform destination stuff, still hasn't made it out on XBLA... and kinda cratered when it came out. No one seems to have liked it much, critical reception was poor, etc. Hotline Miami... I only remember hearing about it once or twice before release (and at least a few of those times was people noting that it seemed visually similar to Retro City Rampage), but since then it's been a steady boil of people saying it's one of their top games of the year, it's got an excellent critical reception.

So I guess it speaks a little bit to the value of actually making a great game rather than hyping it in advance :p

I have thought about this as well seeing as they look similar and came out very close to one another. I don't really think it makes that much of a difference as far as the hype goes. If Retro City Rampage was fun to play (which it is not in my opinion) they both would be doing well. There are plenty of games that come out that are hyped for a long time and do just fine when they come out. It's just that Hotline Miami seemingly came out of nowhere and it's great (some technical issues aside). If Hotline Miami was a poor game and RCR a good one they would be doing the opposite that they are now. I wouldn't really recommend RCR to anyone but I think if you are interested at all in Hotline Miami, you should try it out.

Also, it's obvious that some of these tracks were created just for the game. The Jasper Byrne and Scattle tracks were definitely made for the game as well as a few others from other artists.

Top Bottom