• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House majority leader to colleagues in 2016: ‘I think Putin pays’ Trump

DAD-eixU0AALkmM.jpg

is the transcript i saw going around

this is like "jokes" people make that are clearly not "jokes" but everyone is just laughing anyways

it is the Hank Scorpio type laughing.

goDnBLt.gif

slit

So President Orrin Hatch then?

Why is everyone so sure Pence will resign? There is nothing to indicate he was involved in anything that would require a resignation. He may come out dirty but that is not necessarily enough to demand a resignation from what we know so far anyway.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Unless I'm misreading thus, and going by the transcript, it does come across as humor.

Regardless of that however, the impact I'm hoping out of this is to drive a bigger wedge between Ryan/GOP and Trump.

Because we all know he likes to hold a grudge.

Dyle

yeah i read that and he says it like its a known fact. Bizzare coming from the party that had to even ask if Russians were interfering.

Read the quote again, he is paraphrasing what the Ukrainian official said, as evidenced by being followed by "they’re just going to roll right through us and go to
the Baltics and everyone else."

Ryan's saying that the Ukrainian official was warning him that the Russians would attempt to use these methods against bigger Western powers.

I wonder why they didn't release the recording with the story, there must be some kind of argreement between them and whoever provided the recording stipulating it not be released, otherwise I see no reason not to release it.

Loxley

Seeing the transcript, Ryan's words bother me more. Even joking about covering up Russian money being funneled into the Trump campaign is slimey as all hell.

DAD-eixU0AALkmM.jpg

is the transcript i saw going around

this is like "jokes" people make that are clearly not "jokes" but everyone is just laughing anyways

I don't know what's worse: that he's bullshiting around with the concept of family, or he genuinely thinks this is true lol

Boke1879

LOL Ryan denied that this happened, but once it was found out that there were tapes. They changed their answers. Classic

Empty

trump did at least succeed in making the washington post great again

it's good to see republicans struggle to distance themselves from this trainwreck

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
It is a revelation that McCarthy believes in the Trump/Russia connection, but that doesn't mean he believes it because of anything that isn't already public knowledge.

Embarrassing for McCarthy and other house republican leaders, but not revelatory on the investigation.

Man you guys and everyone like you look SO dumb right now.

Hell, even if for some reason this all instantly blows over, I'm not sure what posts like those try to get across. Don't ever talk or get angry about literally nation-warping news just because "nothing will happen" or "people won't care"? Just lay down and accept Trump as president and never call out his bullshit? I don't give a fuck if he "gets away with it", I'm not going to sit back and ignore, accept or resign myself to it. And before anyone says "well vote, etc." I already vote, donate, and campaign for progressive causes and can simultaneously talk about and spread news about the GOP's incompetence.

Best part:

After being told that The Post would cite a recording of the exchange, Buck, speaking for the GOP House leadership, said: ”This entire year-old exchange was clearly an attempt at humor. No one believed the majority leader was seriously asserting that Donald Trump or any of our members were being paid by the Russians. What's more, the speaker and leadership team have repeatedly spoken out against Russia's interference in our election, and the House continues to investigate that activity."

"Never happened."
"We have tapes."
"What? Oh fuck.... uh, it was a joke! Yeah! A joke!"

Wow. There's the 'only joking' defense again. The current admin and the repubs in congress are the jokingest bunch of motherfuckers I've ever seen. Are they busy governing, or are they running a full-time comedy troupe?

Boke1879

It's just crazy to me Ryan and them changed their answer when they heard there were tapes.

But jokes or not. This don't sound good no matter how you slice. Especially in light of how the GOP and Ryan have been acting. Defending Trump and all this shit.

Never forget that Russia got into our government because of the right's culture war. Conservatives invited Russia in because they align with the Russian state's values more than American values.

Wow. There's the 'only joking' defense again. The current admin and the repubs in congress are the jokingest bunch of motherfuckers I've ever seen. Are they busy governing, or are they running a full-time comedy troupe?

And somehow they're always "joking" about betraying the American people, committing obstruction of justice or treason, or threatening people that aren't loyal rather than joking about what it's like to be married or some shit.

Top Bottom