• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House of Cards - S1 on Netflix - Spacey & Fincher - *UNMARKED SPOILERS FOR ALL OF S1*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So hyped for this. You making the S2 OT, Cornballer? When will it be up?
I was planning on doing the OT unless someone else is super-motivated and wants to take a crack at it. (If anyone is extremely interested, send me a PM and let me know.)

Like Ratsky said, the OT will go up a week before the Feb 14th release date.

- WSJ: The Most Devious Man in D.C.
Kevin Spacey discusses the new season of 'House of Cards,' TV's new business model and whether he has political aspirations.

GU3M6Bo.jpg
There might be some spoilers in this, but I don't have time to read it all right now. Seems like a contentious interview. I found it difficult to not read it in Frank Underwood's voice.

Draconian

- WSJ: The Most Devious Man in D.C.There might be some spoilers in this, but I don't have time to read it all right now. Seems like a contentious interview. I found it difficult to not read it in Frank Underwood's voice.

Haha, for some of these answers he seems to be in character. No real spoilers to speak about (outside of vague season 1 spoilers), but lol at him sending Woody Allen a Netflix subscription.

More gifs from the HoC tumblr:

Ifk3ijL.gif

"You are out of line, Frank"

6LP8WTC.gif

"Stubbornness is far more costly than obedience"

Htp0yhY.gif

"Hit him again, and hit him now."

sBKqkdq.gif

"I will not be left out of the loop."

RfbeZrM.gif

"The West Wing is tempting."

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I'm six episodes in. I watched them all yesterday. I don't think I'll be able to finish today because I've actually got shit to do, but I bet I will by the end of tomorrow.

Holy hell is this good.

Blader

Yeah, hope they're not stretching out the story just to fill demand. Wouldn't want this to be another Showtime situation.

On the other hand, I always liked the suggested idea of S1 being Frank's rise to VP, S2 being his rise to the presidency, and S3 being his fall.

Tucah

you speak so well
I'm not going to get excited about a renewal until I see the second season. This isn't a show with a premise that can be mined indefinitely.

If they're following the narrative structure of the British House of Cards, three seasons would make sense.

(Of course, they could end up going beyond three.)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Interesting development. I don't think House of Cards is the sort of show that needs to go on for years and years, but I also don't think that Kevin Spacey would be willing to do the show for that long either, so I'm not too worried about this being stretched out. We'll see how this pans out.

Draconian

I'm sure it'll be quality. The writers on this show seem to know where they want things to go. I have complete confidence that there would not be a season 3 if they didn't know full well what they wanted to do.

Not sure how I feel about the renewal. I was kinda hoping that the story actually concluded in the second season.

The original novels and UK series are a three-part story. I'd start worrying if they went beyond that into overindulging-the-protagonist Dexter territory. But I don't see Spacey signing up for that kind of thing.

kuppy

Have to admit that I watched the first season just recently but think I'm hyped just as high for it to be continued. The ending was so classic, loved that specially, loved the difference in minds and lifestyle in general.
Although I'm not too much of an expert of politics or should I rather say conspiracy, I hope that this time the spinning gets wilder, since mostly everything around Russo for example was pretty predictable, same goes for Zoe, which of course is only a concern in writing, the characters themselves were wonderful.

Also I think my major complain against the season was that its feeling of time was kind of loose. I can totally imagine that some of the processes in the story take time and that also gets addressed at certain points but not in the overall picture. I don't want to say that there should be a date displayed every new day, but a more defined, reliable time table would add greatly to the experience.
Not so sure about Chapter 8 either, I liked it and think it was good to include it, but it would have worked so much better if the series would have been released on a weekly basis, this way it killed some momentum and felt a bit out of place.

I think I'll watch Veep shortly before the 14th and the House of Cards over the weekend.

A few more GIFs off the tumblr. New thread will be up tomorrow.

QpVLPLy.gif

"Protecting her is the same as protecting you in my mind."

UxnZ5Ca.gif

"I’ve never expected much from the world. It’s ugly. It’s not a fair place."

736DOQL.gif

"I feel like I’m losing control of my own goddamn administration."

LYOZCTG.gif

"When I want a job, I do my homework."

Any one else planning on rewatching season 1 before season 2 drops? I'm thinking I might start a rewatch tonight...
I might rewatch the last couple just so I'm up to speed on where we left off.

Drakken

Rewatching the last few eps to get ready for season two (excited!). Episode 11
(Peter's "suicide")
was brutal. One of the most heartbreaking character arcs I can remember seeing. Frank is ice cold, and Spacey played it so well.

TheContact

Just started watching this show after a friends recommendatiln and I've binge watched the first season in 2 days. What an amazing show I'm so glad I have 4 more seasons to look forward to holy shit. Does it keep getting better ?

Lkr

Just started watching this show after a friends recommendatiln and I've binge watched the first season in 2 days. What an amazing show I'm so glad I have 4 more seasons to look forward to holy shit. Does it keep getting better ?
I don't think it gets better but it is still extremely good. Season 3 was a bit of disappointment iirc but the newest season delivered.
Would definitely recommend watching it all though. Still one of the best shows still going at the moment and has been ever since it started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom