• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House of the Dead Overkill Extended Cut (PS3)

Dambrosi

Banned
Oh fuck yes, some actual good motherfuckin' news for fuckin' once.

But fuck, now I have to fuckin' buy a motherfuckin' Move starter pack! FUCK!

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Fantastic. I hated that nearly every "light-gun-esque" Move game had you shooting at things that shoot back. I like zombies because they play nice.

Himself

thefro said:
Probably the best game rental ever, but even with 2 new levels it's going to still be ridiclously short.

How long is it? An hour or two?

It seems like the kind of game that would overstay its welcome if it got too long. I have no problem with short games, or, more precisely, games with appropriate lengths.

onQ123

Princess Skittles said:
Nice for PS3 only owners, it's an extremely fun and over the top game.

PlayStation-Move22.jpg

playstation_move_ray_gun_1.jpg

Aim-Pistol-for-Playstation-Move.jpg

thefro

Himself said:

It seems like the kind of game that would overstay its welcome if it got too long. I have no problem with short games, or, more precisely, games with appropriate lengths.

3-4 hours but you can go through it again with different weapons, plus the director's cut version of the levels.

I'm not one of those people who tries to get a high score so a rental was fine with me.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Love this game so much.

Nastiest ending in gaming history though. Shudder just thinking about it.

SalsaShark said:
Not only that, but i really doubt that was a major concern and fan-request since Move and Kinect werent yet revealed.

Why would anyone take HD graphics over Wii point-light gun-esque controls?

IIRC, there were calls here at the time for the game to hit the PS3 and to make use of the Guncon3 (along with requests for HotD4, as it wouldn't have been possible in the same form on the Wii).

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
ScrabbleDude said:
I really, really hope we can stop hearing this shit in this next hardware iteration. It's not "next gen" if it's current. And PS3/Wii/360 are all current gen.
Reading that sentence makes me so pissed. How can people from inside the industry be so fucking ignorant?

LiK

Himself said:

Much longer. It was like 4-5 hours iirc and there are extra modes and coop and many unlockables.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
This game is great. But I think the 'thing that gets said the most is,' "When is the sequel coming out for Wii?!" vs. 'Please port to Playstation'....

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
two new levels; wonder if they're just trying to increase the f-bomb count to steal the crown back from Mafia II.

Salsa

BattleMonkey said:
You don't know many gamer "bros" do you?

im surrounded by what you call gamer bros, im just saying that i didnt hear any particular request of "bring HOTD Overkill to PS360!"

arit

Cosmonaut X said:
IIRC, that was an issue with reading/streaming, as homebrewers here were reporting far smoother performance when they ripped it.
Better? Yes, but it still had a horrible framerate.

LiK said:
Yes. Hilarious characters. The only issues it had were slowdown.

It was also pretty buggy. Had it two different play throughs play out where the level would be going on yet no enemies would actually be on screen. Also zombies would at times randomly lock up and freeze or get stuck on a piece of terrain they are not supposed to and don't usually in plays. Quite a few lock ups for me.

I was dangerously close to buying this for the Wii at one stage, yet never bothered. So why am I so compelled by the unveiling of the PS3 version? Rather perplexing.

Top Bottom