• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How accurate is Amazon's shipping/delivery estimate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered some textbooks from, and I'm afraid that they'll take far too long to come and I'll end up failing my classes or something. The estimated date of arrival is about 2 weeks frm now (which is still a lot of time to lose).. is that normally accurate?

dkeane

You never really know until you get a tracking number.

It seems like their service has gone down hill lately. I ordered the Arrested Development Season 3 DVD months ago and it still hasn't shipped (came out last Tuesday).

Plus I've ordered some CDs that say they're in stock and then a week later I get an email saying the item won't be available for a month.

Ecrofirt

Did you buy the books directly from Amazon, or from someone on the Amazon Marketplace that was selling them used? If it was used, there's no way to tell how long it takes.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Their estimates are pretty broad, you're better off using the delivery estimate posted on UPS' site once you get the tracking number.

I had no problem with the three books I just ordered, two came within 2 days, another came the next day, just like the estimates said. Free Amazon Prime trial FTW.

sangreal

They always say 2 weeks for standard shipping which is a ridiculous estimate, you should get your stuff shortly though you never know with 3rd parties. If they shipped the books by Media mail, see you in 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom