• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How can I use my headphones when playing my PS2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferny84

Banned
I can't turn the volume loud because of daysleepers (vampires) so what would I need to be able to use my headphones with my ps2?

ChrisReid

A cheapy L/R audo composite to 1/8th inch earphone plug adapter from Radio Shack. Or a tv with a simple headphone plug on the front.

Plug the red and white cable
ra14-10.jpg
into -> into ->
into -> your headphones. (Assuming your headphones are 1/8")

Ferny84

Banned
Thanks guys, dont have a headphone jack in the front of my tv.

Will I be able to get stereo sound on my headphones?

well the remote control still controls the volume with any other components you plug into the A/V jacks (DVd players, game systems) so i would assume this wouldn't be any different. My TV came with a headphone jack on the side, so thats pretty cool. My brother's WEGA, though, has a built in wireless headphones which are sweet as fuck.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
most games have volume control in a menu don't they?

Just go into Radio Shack and tell them exactly what you told everyone here, that store is unusually helpful and knowledgable.

Ferny84

Banned
levious said:
most games have volume control in a menu don't they?

Just go into Radio Shack and tell them exactly what you told everyone here, that store is unusually helpful and knowledgable.

Eh, not really, i went there yesterday, asked the guy and all he said was "uhhh....we dont have any", he didn't even check the computer.

I checked Radio Shacks site this morning to see the SKU number, went to the store and found it.

Nester

Taking this further, I have a set of headphones that have a built in Mic on them. Is there any way I could do the above setup and then get some sort of an adapter that allows me to plug the mic cord into the top of an Xbox Live headset? That would be perfect for playing games at night without waking up the wife or daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom