• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How did the gamer girl who claimed to be virtually raped in GTA V become Lead Writer at Insomniac and the face of Black Cat in their Spider-Man game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gargus

Banned
Maybe one day she will get raped, then she will have something to compare to gta5 and decide if they are the same or not.

Fret Runner

giphy.gif

Fbh

I imagine it's just a case of knowing the right people and having the right friends. On top of the bonus woke points your hiring will give the company.

It's like when there's a crappy movie, you look at the writer or director and their past 10 movies have been crap and it's like "who keeps hiring and giving money to these people?"

I imagine it's just a case of knowing the right people and having the right friends. On top of the bonus woke points your hiring will give the company.

It's like when there's a crappy movie, you look at the writer or director and their past 10 movies have been crap and it's like "who keeps hiring and giving money to these people?"
Meritocracy is the biggest business myth these days.

I'm sure she wishes she looked like that Black Cat render. Lots of things they had to fix there (schnozz, lips, crazy eyes, etc.)

But that's definitely her chin.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
“Girls can be heroes too!”

Yeah I knew this shit growing up in the 80s with Ridley and Red Sonia

Ffs the Aliens movies are 40 years old at this point

Guys do some stuff, "girls too girls too"

Girls do some stuff, "don't try and oppress us, men, stay in your lane and stop co-opting and removing our agency."

Is how they always sound with their strawwoman mental gymnastics.

Last edited:

Arimer

Truthful answer is connections and body of work. She may write like shit but being a game journalist proves that you can write about any bullshit at a low wage and wont' say anything. Number 2, games journalism already gets your foot in the door because you have connections. Third, Saying stupid shit is the quickest way to get attention which you can then use to say Look at how much engagement I create with my articles. Now beyond that you can get into the hidden stuff like diversity hires and her friendship with other journalists that boosts her work and also would crucify any company that fires her etc etc.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
The same way Zoe Quinn and other talentless sjw whaman get jobs in the comic industry constatly for example. Virtue signal hard enough and be female and preferrably of different race than white and straight and it's easy to get hired. No book sells that they have written of course, but they continue to get hired regardless.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Most recently, Insomniac Games, in partnership with SIE and Marvel Games, launched Marvel's Spider-Man, one of 2018's most highly-acclaimed PS4™ games. Marvel's Spider-Man has sold through more than 13.2 million copies worldwide as of July 28, 2019.

Seems like she did not have a negative impact on the game, which was a huge sales and critical success. It seems Black Cat's cleavage was not super important to players.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Serious question.
Was anything good associated with Mass Effect: Andromeda?
Other than the gifs and memes, I mean.

IO4Bjkq.jpg

It's beyond my imagination why anyone would hire shit people, even if you have same shitty political agenda.

Making it to senior in tech is mostly about your personality and assertiveness. Most guys you'll work with are scared soft-spoken nerds that wouldn't dare ask for a promotion and pay raise.

Me? I wanted to be senior after 7 months in a junior role because I noticed all the other devs sucked ass compared to me. I let management know what I wanted, and I got the senior role. Fuck you.

Last edited:

SweetShark

About as sensitive as a guy posting about some chick getting a job at insomniac to bitch about it😅😂

To be honest I think is great that she got a job in Insomniac. It is a dream come true to me.
I just don't understand the whole virtual rape thing. If someone troll you or harassing you online just ignore or close your game. I don't even knew it was a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom