• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How did the gamer girl who claimed to be virtually raped in GTA V become Lead Writer at Insomniac and the face of Black Cat in their Spider-Man game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blame Canada.
blame-canada-300x174.jpg
?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i dont think she was the face of BC. for one she has a giant honker of a nose.

BC just looks like generic hot woman w glasses

Herr Edgy

1. how the fuck do you even remotely attempt the effort to look this up
2 so she works hard.
3 i wanna see everyone’s gf that think the character model is ugly. character model doesnt count.
4 if shes a writer, she has nothing to do with black cats character model. Might as well blame the cinematographer. That WOKE son of a bitch!
4 companies hiring is progressive focused. LMAOO OK. Im about to apply for chairman of Sony WWS. Im the wokest of them all. U POPTARTS 🤣
5 people like saying stupid shit to be on the news. 50% of you are probably the same assholes that annoy the shit out of me on Siege. #rapeRainbow
There's a 4 twice!

I agree with you on all accounts except for 4-2.
I don't think companies actively look for people that position themselves on the left. However, as part of the public image, it's important for many game companies to, if not support good causes directly, at least not support conservative ideals or thoughts that align with the right. It's all just PR and no one really cares much in the end, but it is what it is. While having ideals of the left doesn't automatically give you a high position, if you are an outgoing person that goes with what 'society deems right' that is certainly a plus rather than a minus.

That being said, the hate in this thread is really something else. Not a good look on the forum.

Last edited:

Virex

Banned
She could also possibly have shown bobs an vegene during her interviews and that's how she got the job.

EDMIX

Still don't think she looks anything like Black Cat, but yeah it's pretty sickening how a baseless sob story can be used to catapult your career in this industry, especially as a woman.

Exactly, to be a writer in gaming, someone actually needs years of published work and experience, not simply some sob story.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Still don't think she looks anything like Black Cat, but yeah it's pretty sickening how a baseless sob story can be used to catapult your career in this industry, especially as a woman.
Exactly, to be a writer in gaming, someone actually needs years of published work and experience, not simply some sob story.
Are you reading the same post because he didn't say that at all.

EDMIX

Spider Man was excellent and I loved the story and DLC. I can't really complain. Looking forward to Spider Man 2 on PlayStation 5!!!

Same. Thats a day 1 easily. I hope they make Venom or Carnage be the bad guys. Peter already references them in terms of past fights, so it would more so be a return to them in that universe, but I'm ok with either or. I would LOVE a origin story with Brock! Dat DLC prequel lol I thought they did a great job with the story and it was one of my favorite games in 2018.

FMXVII

You are going to need to be more specific. We have tons of people who do that in the industry.

Are you new here?

I am.

And even I have seen enough stuff on the first page, over the wee months I've been here, to have at least a general idea of the situation(s) she has been involved in.

Perhaps you could elucidate us as to whom else is so overtly and unabashedly involved in said activities within the industry, as you have made claim to their being there, in such an abundant amount?

I'd certainly like to not give my money to them.

I mean, it's cool if you're just trolling, but if not - do tell.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
I hope they make Venom or Carnage be the bad guys. Peter already references them in terms of past fights, so it would more so be a return to them in that universe, but I'm ok with either or.
I don't recall that. Isn't the end hinting that:
Harry Osborn will actually become Venom?

EDMIX

I don't recall that. Isn't the end hinting that:
Harry Osborn will actually become Venom?

When you find a backpack or some collectible, Peter talks about a fight with Venom. I might be mistaking it for something else though as I do recall the hint of....what you mentioned lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom