• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do Switch cloud versions of games work?

ManaByte

Gold Member
I was thinking about this with the cloud version of Guardians coming out as well as the Kingdom Hearts cloud versions.

I'll never buy a cloud version, but I looked at some videos of the Hitman 3 and Control cloud versions, and the games actually show Switch controller buttons on-screen (Hitman actually shows JoyCons!)

Are these just customized PC versions, or are they Switch ports running on some secret more powerful hardware?

Onironauta

Are these just customized PC versions, or are they Switch ports running on some secret more powerful hardware?
lmao

Do you think they would port them to a secret super switch when they can simply save a lot of money streaming the pc versions with no effort?
I bet it's just a custom version of Nvidia GeForce Now

ManaByte

Gold Member
Do you think they would port them to a secret super switch when they can simply save a lot of money streaming the pc versions with no effort?

Well it's not no effort since there are custom controller layouts. They're even animated in Hitman 3.

reksveks

I am not sure 100% on the hw but it's typically these guys afaik

Last edited:
Top Bottom