• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you deal with severe oneitis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectone

OP, I was in a similar spot last year. I was pining after this girl for two school semesters straight, was convinced she'd change her mind and that she was so amazing and wonderful. Over a year later and I still cringe in embarrassment at what a creep I was and question what I even saw in her, and I'm with someone who I love for reasons beyond "omg I'm obsessed with you and got the idea in my head that you'll make my life better and I'll die without you."

The only thing that will come out of you not dropping this here and now and leaving her alone is future embarrassment, regret, and a potential job loss.

Long ago I was in a similar position, I was totally obsessed over a girl but she didn't like me in that way. It took me almost ten years to get over it. What a waste of time and I totally regret everything about it now.

I let my ex walk all over me because I wanted to get back with her. It took a bit but I realized I was being a chump and seriously lacking some self respect. Cutting all contact with her is the only way. I felt so much better. But you work with her so you might be fucked for a while.

Wireframe

1190572.jpg

Came here for this.

In general though this thread is a dumpster fire, yeesh.

Magik

Why do all of these threads turn out exactly the same fucking way?

Cause it takes the situation to actually happen to a person for them to learn.

Most people, myself included, can read all the shit in the world and not learn a damn thing until it happens to ourselves to learn the lesson.

Lol OP you poor gullible fool.
I don't even understand the "if I buy her shit, of course she'll like me!" mindset. I'm going to blame Bioware games.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
While I'm sure this is the center of your emotional world at the moment, it's not particularly interesting to anyone else. People get crushes and fall in love. Congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom