• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you feel with Forza Motorsport 8 being a launch title for the Next Xbox?

Skyn3t

Banned
Turn 10 at the moment has all their hands on FM7, taking their time with updates, maybe some paid/free DLC's. In that light it's unlikely that Forza Motorsport 8 will hit next year for Xbox One/Xbox One X. In my opinion the devs are probably targeting autumn 2020 with the real next-gen entry of the series, a true showcase of 4K/60 fps state of the art graphics on new hardware. Counting on it to be true, as the series needs another leap after FM6 and 7.

Fox Mulder

There shouldn't be a 4th FM this generation. A FM8 built for next gen with the dev time to not make it like FM5 would be great.

FM7 had issues and they haven't even released one expansion for it. They've said they're dedicated to fixing things though even with FH4 coming out.

Skyn3t

Banned
But you gotta admitt that FM7 is still a great racing game and looks amazing on X paired with 4K TV. I just wish they would eventually abandon all those card mods and cosmetic lootboxes. And get the soundtrack straight. Till 4 we had some great electronic beats pumping in the background, but for whatever reason FM5 and later have some weir classical music mash-up's.

sigrad

They should wait to launch FM8 on Xbox's next system. FM7 is an unfinished game. Give T10 the time they need to make another great FM game.

Redshirt

Banned
I'm OK with. I do buy FM, but I'm more into arcade racers.

So, I prefer Horizon, and all that work T10 does is a big part of why Horizon is in a class of its own.

Elenchus

Banned
make a second spinoff and have it be a spiritual successor to motorstorm. Let forza 8 cook in the oven a little more

I would love another spin off. But I’m thinking a spiritual successor to the original Twisted Metal games. Loved those games so much when I was a kid. The death of that franchise wrecked me (no pun intended) and I would love to see a true open world revival.

lefty1117

Gold Member
They ought to just drop The FM series and focus all-in on the Horizon series. Add the additional cars and add options for sim-like racing events. Just combine them at this point. before franchise fatigue sets in

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I think they have put the Motorsport series to rest for good. Forza Horizon 5 will probably be the launch title of next Xbox.

Three

I think they have put the Motorsport series to rest for good. Forza Horizon 5 will probably be the launch title of next Xbox.
Not going to happen Motorsport is big in Europe. I do think they need to revamp their engine though so I'm happy for them to wait it out till next gen.

Last edited:
Yes I believe this is what will happen. Motorsport will get an extra year to upgrade the Forzatech engine for the next gen Xbox.

Who knows what they do next year, maybe skip a racer altogether. Or they could finally launch that often thought about third Forza IP. Maybe they could even do a standalone Hot Wheels game. That would be cool if it had a track creator and stuff.

Turn 10 at the moment has all their hands on FM7, taking their time with updates, maybe some paid/free DLC's. In that light it's unlikely that Forza Motorsport 8 will hit next year for Xbox One/Xbox One X. In my opinion the devs are probably targeting autumn 2020 with the real next-gen entry of the series, a true showcase of 4K/60 fps state of the art graphics on new hardware. Counting on it to be true, as the series needs another leap after FM6 and 7.

how i feel = yawn

Redshirt

Banned
Yes I believe this is what will happen. Motorsport will get an extra year to upgrade the Forzatech engine for the next gen Xbox.

Who knows what they do next year, maybe skip a racer altogether. Or they could finally launch that often thought about third Forza IP. Maybe they could even do a standalone Hot Wheels game. That would be cool if it had a track creator and stuff.

If FH4 is as big a success as people are expecting, I think we'll see more FH content.

I think there was even some marketing language to that end, such as "at least two expansions."

Although if Forza Rally actually happened, that would be amazing.

Skyn3t

Banned
Given we have 9 mln players in Horizon 3 right now and 4 looks to be a leap in every aspect, I think it's safe to assume it will be a huge hit across Xbox/Windows 10.

If FH4 is as big a success as people are expecting, I think we'll see more FH content.

I think there was even some marketing language to that end, such as "at least two expansions."

Although if Forza Rally actually happened, that would be amazing.

Yes the 'at least 2 expansions' quote from Ralph is interesting. Now that those are included in the Ultimate edition, I could see a further one late next year at an extra cost. Maybe it could be a really big one too in order to fill in a no racer next year gap.

I am not really a fan of the 3 Forza IP idea, I just don't think you could make 3 separate games with enough difference between them. Motorsport takes care of the sim stuff, and Horizon has plenty of variety. They just need to keep adding to and improving those two IMO. Having said that I do think a 'Forza Hotwheels' could work as a 3rd IP, but they could also add it to Horizon again. The only other thing I can think of is Karting, and that could be added to Motorsport really.

But at this moment I am convinced that Motorsport will not launch next year and it will be a Scarlet launch game. The game badly needs a new graphics engine and a real push forward.

Skyn3t

Banned
I still keep my fingers crossed for new PGR, but as Phil Spencer said, the chances for third racing franchise in the portfolio are next to zero. God, what a amazing series it was back in the day.

Top Bottom