• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you organise your 3DS home screen?

Santiako

Do you use folders? bigger icons? All random?

jPN6NOiHNuSls.jpg

I personally just use one folder for the junk that comes with the system and everything else in rows to have it all accesible at once.

First I organized them in groups:

3DS Retail Download (i.e. Animal Crossing)
eShop
Virtual Console (GBC, GB)

Then within the groups alphabetically

Finished games I put in a folder with a star as symbol, demos in a folder called "D".

alejo0121

eShop

Finished games I put in a folder with a star as symbol, demos in a folder called "D".

I like the star icon folder idea!

My home screen is a mess!

balohna

I have it in 3 rows:

Row 1: Cartridge, digital download retail games in alphabetical order (I only have 3), Settings, Camera, then a folder called "Apps etc." with all the shit I never use.

Row 2: 3DS eShop-only games (probably like 6 or 7?)

Row 3: DSiWare and Virtual Console

3 rows of icons. A virtual console folder, a guild01 folder, a misc eshop folder, a demo folder.

Eshop and mii plaza stay on home screen. Most other preinstalled crap in a folder exiled way to the right of the screen.

SoulUnison

Banned
[5x3 Grid]

Page 1 - 3DS games, Demos, and Trailers.
Page 2 - 3DS Apps
Page 3 - 3D eShop games and 3D Classics
Page 4 - DSi Ware
Page 5 - Game Boy and GBC games.
Page 6 - Ambassador NES games.
Page 7 - Ambassador GBA games.
Page 8 - System Settings and the "Unused" folder. (NintendoZone and Safety Information.)

RE_Player

eShop

I do the same thing except the finished games with a star symbol. Might steal that idea.

Row 1: Game cartridge / Mii Maker / Street Pass / AR games / swap note
Row 2: Apps Folder / 3DS ware folder / DSi ware folder / 3DS VC folder
Row 3: Retail games alphabetical (Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Layton 5)

gngf123

A folder for general eShop titles, one for 3D classics, one for demos.

The standard stuff that comes with the 3DS gets thrown in its own folder for the most part.

Frolow

Banned
I have all the applications on the top three rows and my folders on the fourth row. For the folders themselves, I separated them like this: Retail/eShop, VC Games, 3D Classics, DSiWare, Demos #1, Demos #2, and Videos.

Kinda like this:
- - - - - - -
- - - - - - -
- - - - - - -

- - - - - - -

KHlover

Banned
With folders. One for Games, one for Apps. Downloaded games I play especially often are on the main screen, which I have as a 4x4(?) grid btw

The way of champions.

Column 1 = Cart game and the three download games I'm currently/last playing.

Column 2-4 = all the system stuff

Column 5 = "3"DS eshop downloads, "R"etail game downloads, "3"D Classics (Nintendo and Sega), "G"BA Games

Column 6 = "G"BC Games, "G"B Games, "G"ameGear Games, "N"ES Games.

Everything nice on one screen.

Exotoro

1 row, two folders

one folder is for random crap I'll never use/demoes and the other is for e-shop games.

Icons on the second smallest setting.

Cartridge. Activity Log. Eshop. Settings.
Netflix (though I doubt there will ever be reason to watch Netflix on any my handhelds)
Digital games currently being played.
Animal Crossing. Pokemon. (for easy access)

Folders: DD Retail, 3DSware, DSiWare, Ambassador, Demos, Videos, Bullshit (for the rest of the apps), Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, 3D classics.
All folders show the first letter. Folders organized into a crossword puzzle.

Been organized like this since the day folders were introduced. Could probably stand to redo it.

Danneee

5 rows
3DS games
eShop games
Virtual Console
3D Classics
Last row is eshop, settings and a folder with the rest of the apps.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
4dGwsJL.png

Like this, digital games in the star folder, system apps, demos and junk goes in the square folder.

Used category folders before, I found it pretty annoying when I had so little stuff in some of them.

khaaan

It's kind of lame right now. All the "apps" are on the home screen and I have three folders. The first folder is named "Z" for Zelda games, the second if "E" for e-shop and finally "V" for other virtual console games that don't deserve their own folder. I had no idea there were shape characters though, will probably mess around with organization
this weekend.

Isotope

nR5eDtg.jpg

Game
System Settings
eShop
Applications folder
Full Games folder (Retail games bought digitally)
Gameboy/GBC folder
Game Boy Advance folder
NES folder
3DS downloads (like what DSiware was)

All alphabetical order in the folders too.

Colombo

I use 3 rows of icons. My Retail games and apps are first on the left. Then I have 6 folders marked with numbers. There are folders for Gameboy, GB Advance, NES, 3D Classics, Dsi Ware and trailers. Then to the right of the folders, are my 14 eshop games and further to them are my demo's.

I am quite happy with it but I may copy some of the ideas from other gaffers.

Robin64

Like so.

jepoLe8.png

The S is Stuff, which contains things that came on the 3DS such as Mii Maker and Activity Log.
The 3 is 3DSWare, which is my eShop titles folder. 3D Classics are in here too.
The A is Advance, which contains my 10 GBA games.
The G is Gameboy, which has my 14 Gameboy and Gameboy Color games in.
The N is NES. 15 NES games in there.
The D is DSiWare. Old things like the Art Style series and Shantae are in here.
The F is Full Games. Currently only Mario 3D Land and Phoenix Wright are in here.

Animal Crossing stays on the front screen so I can see its green light appear.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
All the useless apps and whatnot go into a folder and shoved out of the screen.
All digital games are sorted alphabetically.

I probably should organize it sometime... right now its pretty much in the order it came. I only have like 3 columns of stuff though.

DJ_Lae

I don't really have an awful lot of organization, most of it's just dumped there.

ibkXVglm90l6YW.jpg

I have folders for GBA, NES, and Demos though. And my two 'retail' E-Shop games are on the left. I have no idea why Pokedex 3D is still there, though. Or why I haven't relegated the AR app to the last page like all the other garbage (Nintendo Video, Nintendo Zone, Ambassador Cert, etc) or put them in their own folder.

I hate how you can only have a single letter for folders too.

I wish the other consoles and/or Steam would let you manually arrange games the way you can on the Nintendo systems. I like to sort games alphabetically by franchise, then by release date.

Piscus

I use folders for lots of stuff, usually based on the game's origin, and every folder's name starts with a space so that I don't have any letters appear on the folder icons. Maybe I'll show pictures someday soon.

My variation of OCD is strange and specific. I tend to put things into an "order" that makes complete sense to me, but wouldn't really work for most others.

I have some games/apps out in the general menu, for easy access. Most full games that I've downloaded actually live out there.

For folders: I have a "3D Games" folder (that should really be changed). It has eShop games in it.

Next, I have folders for various series. Zelda...Mario...Wario...DK...Kirby...Sonic...and Mega Man I believe. It takes three games to earn a folder.

Next, I have a folder for 3D Classics because. Just because.

Next are the platform-specific folders. Game Boy/Gear series and NES I believe are the only ones in there.

Finally there is a kind of "junk" section with two folders. One for random system apps that I never use and one for videos and demos I'll never use.

Almost forgot, within folders is where the really weird OCD stuff happens. Every game is in a specific spot. Usually decided by order of release. If there are any 3DS games in any of the series folders, it gets to go up front. Mainline games ALL come before any spinoffs.

Santiako

My variation of OCD is strange and specific. I tend to put things into an "order" that makes complete sense to me, but wouldn't really work for most others.

I have some games/apps out in the general menu, for easy access. Most full games that I've downloaded actually live out there.

For folders: I have a "3D Games" folder (that should really be changed). It has eShop games in it.

Next, I have folders for various series. Zelda...Mario...Wario...DK...Kirby...Sonic...and Mega Man I believe. It takes three games to earn a folder.

Next, I have a folder for 3D Classics because. Just because.

Next are the platform-specific folders. Game Boy/Gear series and NES I believe are the only ones in there.

Finally there is a kind of "junk" section with two folders. One for random system apps that I never use and one for videos and demos I'll never use.

That seems too complicated lol

jblank83

Do you use folders? bigger icons? All random?

I personally just use one folder for the junk that comes with the system and everything else in rows to have it all accesible at once.

Do you throw all your clothes on the floor? When you bring home groceries, do you just throw the bag into the kitchen? You're sick, friend, sick and twisted.

Personally, imho, I put most things in folders:
e - eShop
G - Gameboy
N - NES
J - Junk

And I leave a couple of useful icons out on the interface, like the software library charting utility or the eShop icon.

Santiako

Do you throw all your clothes on the floor? When you bring home groceries, do you just throw the bag into the kitchen? You're sick, friend, sick and twisted.

Personally, imho, I put most things in folders:
e - eShop
G - Gameboy
N - NES
J - Junk

And I leave a couple of useful icons out on the interface, like the software library charting utility or the eShop icon.

Where else would I put my clothes?

Hubb

How do I organize my 3DS? Not very well. I have no system, I just have a junk folder that I throw all what I consider junk in. The only other folder is for Eshop games I have beaten, problem is I don't have many Eshop games so I don't even bother with that folder.

Top Bottom