• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you prepare your coffee or tea?

How do you prepare your coffee or tea?

• Total voters

notseqi

French press, 4minutes rest before impact, 5 big spoons of coffee powder I make from fresh beans, preferably Illy or Lavazza, if not available Dallmayr. Depending on the day either black or with a shot of milk.
At work it's a chonker of a WMF machine, fresh bean coffee with a shot of milk. Prolly 5-8 cups a day.

Tea only from the teapot, two sachets of Lady Grey, Earl grey or PG Tips left in there until it's empty. Pour a cup, shot of milk, spoontip of sugar, stir.

PMRaPUk.jpg

Nice pippin cold and with extra chocolate, I hate hot coffee. Now excuse me as I take cover from the mob.
You certainly deserve that gold medal.
Colleague of mine had half a cup of coffee, filled it up with cold water. D I S G U S T A N G

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
That's exactly why I cut down big time from what I used to drink. I didn't start drinking coffee until I was 21. So, from like 21-31 I would drink somewhere around 5-7 large cups a day extra dark. Prior to getting married - I would also brew during the night and sleep during the day. It added to my previously terrible diet lifestyle. I started cleaning myself up of junk food about 5-years ago and cut coffee down to two small cups a day about 2-years ago. It's addictive and I was drinking it black. I never could stand it with sweeteners or cream.
I feel you. I was in the same spot. I don't like milk nor sugar in my coffee

I like that bitter taste that hits straight in the brain! Used to drink 6-7 cups a day but now only 3 and sometimes 4

And as my good man Diego Armando a.k.a Godot once said:

D4yOfgDW4AEgn7K.jpg

KrakenIPA

I'm fairly certain that most of us here on GAF drink coffee, tea, or both. Therefore, preparation differs between person based on a few things: how well you want your brew to taste, how much time you're willing to invest in making it, and how much you're planning on consuming during any given day or time.

I start mornings with coffee either dripped after heating the pot on the stove (dark, no additives), or I go for instant. I'm in a rush to get to my office most mornings and only have time to just heat the water and pour some instant crystals in.

Afternoons I drink water and tea. I used an infusion pod for awhile but have gone back to sachets again.

I used to prepare coffee with all of the above poll options on a montly basis (excluding percolators). I'm not that big into it anymore or I really don't have the time to do that. I was also big into french pressing it (which some tea drinkers do too) but I hated cleaning the press itself.

Which is your preferred prep method and which do you general drink the most of?

8Bv2F0L.jpg

gvtDuVF.jpg
I drink low-tier coffee, because I make low-tier coffee.

I like Raw sugar in mine.

jlivingstonsg

Neo Member
I have managed to make a tea in a digital micro wave oven so that the teabag hang over the water in a string squezed in the micro door.

Now I never need to remake my tea because it gets to strong if i forget to take it in time.

What do you think ?

Greate ehhh ?

MagI

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
fuck sake coffee + tea drinkers are so snobbish.

i buy a jar of coffee. a couple teaspoons in. hot water. sugar/sweetners. milk. simple.

I have one of each because I like experimenting with coffee. I think my favourite is probably french press, but I use my Aeropress daily because of the comfort. When I want something stronger I use the moka pot, but I prefer it with torrefacto coffee - I know torrefacto is shit, but it reminds me of home. In summer, I use a mizudashi jar and I drink cold brew several times a day.

I don't have a Chemex yet, mostly because I drink coffee alone, but I'm real curious about it. Any opinions on drip coffee?

I have a water heater and instant nescaffe. I put 2 tea spoons of that in my cup, half a spoon of suger, boil the water and pour it in the cup. Add a little bit of milk and voilla.

GymWolf

I put water in a ceramic cup, then 30 sec of microwave to make the water hot, then i insert the tea small bag inside the cup and there it is.

I don't drink coffee.

Peggies

Gold Member
I don't know guys, where is the Espresso machine?
Like this!:
2yFbUuA.jpg

I think it's the only good way to make good coffee. With a wee bit of milk 👌.

Jeeves

On days off I french press. Whole beans (I like Kicking Horse) stored airtight in a dark place. Seven Tbs of beans (before grinding) go into a blade grinder just before use, steep for 6 minutes before press & pour. Using filtered water from an electric kettle just off the boil. I drink it black. I split it with my wife and we each get a big cup out of it. For me it's just the right balance between quality and effort required.

On the other hand, on work days it's just keurig with store-brand k-cups.

Before I moved to french press I used to place a filter holder over a thermos and pour the water through directly. I don't know if that's considered pour-over or drip brew or what.

Recently my wife likes to make matcha tea, ceremonial style. Got the little bamboo whisk and everything.

DESTROYA

I voted for french press, but I use one of those AeroPress things since they're easy to clean. Thinking of switching away from the plastic and going for a glass or steel pour over/drip method.

gZKY15s.jpg
You use a penis pump to make your coffee ? :messenger_hushed:

I might drink 1 ice-coffee a day and I just buy it at DD. When I do make it at home I make simple Nescafe Greek Frappes. I almost never drink my coffee hot.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Whole coffee beans (this month it's Lavazza beans) and a Philips EQ.6 Plus. Fantastic machine BTW.

siemens-eq6-uebersicht.jpg

My wife use it for tea water (pregnant)..

Last edited:
I'm a big coffee lover.. I mostly do v60 every morning. It's therapeutic making coffee for me. Sometimes when i just want a cup or two, i will do Aeropress.

paparazzo

One cup of coffee from a Keurig + French vanilla creamer is all I need. Guess I’m a basic bitch since drinking it black seems to be the norm these days, but that’s way too bitter for me.

Last edited:

GeekyDad

I see posts here and elsewhere of some pretty cool-looking tech for coffee makers. I wouldn't have the patience for it. We just use a regular maker you could get from Walmart -- I don't even remember the manufacturer name offhand. But...

Nothing but this goes in it:

6AWL4.png

This coffee doesn't require any fancy maker. It still makes the supreme stuff.

lachesis

I've been drinking regular instant coffee - but I got so sick of it during pandemic, when I rarely went out for anything.

I thought about buying an espresso machine... but decided to try this one out first.

Bialetti Moka Pot
4EU8a1a.jpg

I bought 6 cup (shot) variant - the shots are not as strong as espresso, but pretty strong.
Took a few tries to get the consistent/desirable result - but I've been enjoying making coffee in the morning using this.

As per milk, I use one of those wand foamer. Not perfect latte, but close enough.
So out of roughly 6 shots - I use 4 shots to make a big latte... and save 2 shots for the next day.

I'm actually glad that I settled with this - real espresso may have been nicer, but this is so far more than sufficient to get some strong coffee that I desire.

Paltheos

Sachet, apparently? I wasn't aware that was the term. Simple tea bags for me. I don't drink tea that often (and coffee at all), usually only at family gatherings or if I'm getting breakfast at my go-to deli.
I prefer decaf too. If I'm drinking at home, I add a few drops of lemon juice and at least a spoonful of honey.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Just got an 8-cup Chemex for the weekends when the Mrs. & I want more than a cup. Doing my homework now to brew here in a few mins. :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

Dural

Winter I drink hot coffee, summer cold brew. Nothing special, I have a Ninja coffee maker in my office and for cold brew it looks like a french press that goes in the fridge. I'm really interested in that Moka Brikka coffee pot, might have to get one and a hot plate for my office.

In addition to being delicious, it looks like us coffee drinkers can expect to live longer.

Coffee and Longevity: Do Coffee Drinkers Live Longer? (healthline.com)

Last edited:

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
At home I drink 8 O'Clock espresso roast brewed in an Aeropress. Sometimes with heavy cream, sometimes black depending on whether I'm fasting. The Community King Cake flavor is really good but it's only available for a few months in Jan/Feb.

At the coffeehouse by my office I get black pour over or an iced latte in the hot months.

I like iced green tea too, some organic brand sold by the bag on Amazon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom