• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How fit are you?

• Thread starter Deleted member 325805
  • Start date

Anteater

mid 30 and around 5'9 or 5'10 and 140lbs. Normal I guess, at least interms of weight. I run 3-6 days per week and usually walk a whole lot over the weekend, with some simple bodyweight training (dumbbells, situps, pushups) over the week, I don't like weight lifting that much so I halfass that part.

but I probably don't eat too healthy and I have a long term alcohol abuse problem, so probably not exactly the healthiest person.

5'11", 140lbs, 28yo

Almost fat free except the gut and love handles. Eat like shit with big portions and a lot of carbs but it never sticks.

Usually run for 15 mins at a time, but my gut usually cramps up around that time and I have to take a break (if it wasn't for that I feel I could run almost indefinitely, I never get the leg soreness a lot of ppl mention. Or maybe I'm just running wrong?)

I do some exercises but pretty lazy about it, haven't done heavy weights yet except for leg press (which is like cheating lol). Don't have any developed muscles except for biceps, when I was younger I was stupid and did nothing except curls lol. I'm so happy my workplace has a gym

im a twig filled with goo

Hypron

I used to run 6/7 km 3 times a week. Now I'm going to the gym 3 times a week doing heavy (compared to my strength) weightlifting. I used to be very weak but quite endurant (could run a half marathon quite easily). I was also a bit skinny for my height (183cm, 67kg). Nowadays I'm getting stronger (still weak though, I've only been lifting for a couple of months) and I've been putting on weight (I'm at a normal BMI right now). I haven't tried running recently, but I probably wouldn't fare as well as I used to.

My current plan is to spend around a year getting stronger and heavier (aiming for ~85kg) by following a programme (starting strength), and then decide what to do after. I might start doing more cardio again after, I'm not sure yet.

I'm probably not very fit. I sit like every hour I'm awake. I make no effort to exercise. Forget about doing push-ups. I'm more skinny-fat these days, which I think is a bit better than just fat-fat.
I've never really been fit though. I still remember in my last year of high school PE in 10th grade, my average mile times were about 15 minutes, and never below 10. And it must surely be worse now if I tried.
There is no motivation for change.

Raxus

Started getting back into shape recently. Trying to incorporate more cardio as well.

Skinny but trying to pack on pounds but my stomach has gotten really small. Can't even eat a whole hamburger.

I’m so fucking unfit. I’m not fat per se, but I have gained quite a bit of weight and my blood pressure is a bit high and I just feel overall bad about my health.

I gotta change, I really do

Kyne

130lbs , 5'8

I work out about 1 hour a day, 5-6 days a week. 30 min cardio and 30 min weight training.

I'm definitely more on the slender side, but I prefer it this way. Not really interested in bulking up. I'll probably never have a solid 6 pack because I love [unhealthy]food.

krang

I can do a 10k in 7 minute miles, so pretty fit atm.

I also like to mix my metric and imperial units, just for shits and giggles.

dcassell

Banned
My cardio will always, always be terrible thanks to my heart condition and pacemaker. If my heart gets above 140 BPM I can feel it paced slower, which hurts really bad and immediately causes my shoulders to tense up.

I'm larger than I'd like, but I can lift pretty well. All my exercise is through weights, walking, and drumming, but it bums me out that I'll never reach a level where I can comfortably run.

Trying to lose weight right now. Currently 240 and 6' 1", but I want to get down to 200 and stay there.

DOWN

Banned
I wanna say average? What’s normal for an American? I’m not overweight but I’m 24 so hopefully average

Used to much more fit but ever since I got an office job, I’ve gotten fatter. Started to work out a month ago after people kept asking if I gained weight. Thanks to doing push ups, sit ups, and taking long walks, I lost some of the fat I gained near my waist.

I'm in reasonable shape thankfully. A mix of good genes and good diet.

I'll do my best to maintain it as long as I can. I know it can be very difficult to get back into shape once you lose it.

Ernest

Banned
5'10", 175lb. 44 years old.

I guess for my age I'm in pretty good shape.

I can run about 5 miles (or bike about 20 miles) almost every day without too much trouble.

But I'm weak as fuck - I do not enjoy the gym and/or lifting.

You can only sustain something you enjoy, and I enjoy being outdoors, moving.

42 here and I was in the best shape of my life back in February. I put some weight back on but it's coming off again. I think I'm still stronger than I have been before but I'm not lean.

Hypron

Started getting back into shape recently. Trying to incorporate more cardio as well.

Skinny but trying to pack on pounds but my stomach has gotten really small. Can't even eat a whole hamburger.

Eat good peanut butter by the spoonful, it's packed with calories and it's good.

The one I eat is around 30% protein and 50% fat (only 6% saturated), which is perfect for me since I don't eat much fat apart from that.

Not at all. I have serious issues with overeating and soda drinking that I'm trying to cut down on. My doctor told me recently that I'm a good candidate for a gastric sleeve and I'm starting to consider it. I'm just hoping to get a nicer job before making that commitment. My mom had gastric bypass and she basically reversed the entire procedure within a couple years by ignoring the diet and expanding her stomach back out. I don't want to do that to myself.

Pretty damn fit for 31.

I'm 6 & weight 187-190(on a good day lol). I run 7-10 miles 6/7 out of the week. I weight train 3-4 times. I do a lot of calenstiects.

I'm a tall, slender atheletic dude. I don't have muscles popping but I look like a soccer midfielder.

I look pretty young so folks think I'm training for like Highschool sports lol.

Of course I eat a lot & stay lean.

C4Lukins

Most fit I have been in my life and I am 37.

Well maybe when I was like 10, and could run up and down a soccer field without feeling any sort of pain I was more fit.

But I walk 10 to 20k steps a day. I have lost 25 pounds. At 5'11 I am down to 163 IBS. When I wake up at least.

I am doing well. Still have my baby fat belly. Need to start doing a shit ton of sit-ups, but I am in decent shape for the first time in 20 years.

Raxus

Eat good peanut butter by the spoonful, it's packed with calories and it's good.

The one I eat is around 30% protein and 50% fat (only 6% saturated), which is perfect for me since I don't eat much fat apart from that.

Back when I was really hitting the gym PB was my jam. Even with it I was sloooow on the gains. I think I need to push myself harder. but I will have to test my limits when I start hitting the gym again.

Probably overall, quite a bit less fit than I was in my early to mid 20s, but pretty fit overall. I do quite a bit of walking and, while I don't do as much bboying as I used to, I am training more Chicago footwork which is pretty energetic...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMwXEQXpAQE

I usually do yoga most mornings and am also training quite a lot with pull ups...Last year I got to a max of 27, but now I am back down to under 20...Still that is more than I have ever been able to do, so it is good to know I can push some things further than I used to, even if it is just because I am focusing on it more.

I am about 5 10' and 72kg by the way.

Copper

Probably slightly above average. I've always thankfully had a very fast metabolism so I've never had to worry about being overweight. If anything I've had to worry about being underweight. I don't really work out at all and my eating habits are pretty poor but my Job is fairly active which I guess makes up for it. I'm okay with where I am at. I'd only wish to improve my cardio.

I'm not fit but I'm not overweight either, if anything I need to gain weight in a way that's not just packing on fat. Should start going to the gym.

Senteevs

31 yo, 183 cm, 93 kg.

For the last 5 years I've done a lot of Beachbody programs. Insanity, P90X3, Insanity Max30, Core De Force, 21 Day Fix/Extreme etc.
For the last 5 months I've been concentrating of wightlifting 4 to 5 times a week. Have been leaving cardio out in the cold. The gains are visible. In muscle and in weight.
I will probably never see my six pack, as weekends are reserved for beer.

Copper

I'm not fit but I'm not overweight either, if anything I need to gain weight in a way that's not just packing on fat. Should start going to the gym.

I'd love to start going as well it's just I don't know if I could keep up the diet end. For me I would have to consume a large amount of calories 3000+ a day to start gaining and I feel like that would be difficult to keep up with.

Beck

I'm somewhat fit. Maybe above average.

I lift weights daily and prior to this year I ran and exercised for about an hour, as well. Then I herniated a disc in January and I still can't push myself like I used to. Little bit of fat forming around my body but I think it's because I haven't been eating as healthy I could be - still not bad as I rarely eat fast food.

6' - 93 kg (205 lbs) - 28 years old for those who are wondering.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I do cardio 2 to 3 times a week. I go until my body hurts and my heart hurts. I get my heart rate up to 130+ (I've hit 147).
I don't stop until I get dizzy and have to step off before I fall down. Last time I had vertigo for a solid 30 minutes after.
That's a terrible idea. Stuff like that can cause your muscles to rupture and in turn shed your kidneys. If you ever get dark urine while doing that get to a doctor fast.

I'd love to start going as well it's just I don't know if I could keep up the diet end. For me I would have to consume a large amount of calories 3000+ a day to start gaining and I feel like that would be difficult to keep up with.

Same, I imagine exercising more will increase my appetite as well though. Just need to get things going.

29yo. 6'0". Back to being chubby at 200lb ;_;
Need to jump back on that treadmill.

Few years back I was the heaviest I've ever been at 245lb. Then said "fuck that" and got down to 185lb over the course of a year by eating less and running. No specific or particularly strict diets or workout routines or anything. I simply cut certain sugary foods and drinks out entirely and tried to run every day. still pretty much ate whatever I wanted... just a lot less of it.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Terry Pratchett said:
“Well, at least he keeps himself fit," said the Archchancellor nastily. "Not like the rest of you fellows. I went into the Uncommon Room this morning, and it was full of chaps snoring!"

"That would be the senior masters, Master," said the Bursar. "I would say they are supremely fit, myself."

"Fit? The Dean looks like a man who's swallered a bed!"

"Ah, but Master," said the Bursar, smiling indulgently, "the word 'fit,' as I understand it, means 'appropriate to a purpose,' and I would say the body of the Dean is supremely appropriate to the purpose of sitting around all day and eating big heavy meals.”

Apparently I'm fit. :)

spuckthew

I'm skinny so presumably not that fit, but I regularly run 5K's pretty comfortably at an average pace of about 5 minutes per kilometre (give or take up to 10-20 seconds depending how I'm feeling). No idea if that's good or not, or if it's even a reasonable measure of fitness.

I'm in terrible shape. I'm thin as a stick. Usually I don't care, but a lady told me that it was difficult to look at me because I look like I came from Ethiopia (starving), and that dipped my self-confidence a bit. I bike a lot though, so... I can still move.

I'm trying to drink more milk, eat more protein etc. I should really hit the gym, but IDK, I guess I'm too shy. I wouldn't know what exercises to do. I want to go with a friend, but they don't live close enough to me to be going to the same gym.

24 yo, 175 cm (5ft 9in) 55kg (120lbs). Maybe when I'm older it will be easier to pack on the pounds lol.

My diet is nothing to write home about but I put in lots of miles on my bike every week and try to keep up with push-ups and pullups. About 6'1 180 right now.

Kneck

I'm kinda fit. I run once per week 8km in 25 minutes.
I'm also playing football (soccer) twice a week.

Unfortunately I'm also skinny, but in the last year I gained some weight. So that's pretty awesome.

Paertan

Hmm I am a bit skinny at the moment but fit as hell. Kickboxing 3 times a week and lifting weights at home.
189 cm and 73kg. But low percentage of fat. Before the latest deff I was at about 75-76kg. I want to be at 78-80 kg and deff to <77 for competitions. 77kg is the weight class limit.

Spenny

I'm 6'2" and around 180lb. I've been in ketogenesis for two years. Twice a week I run 10 miles. I also skate or do aggressive inline nearly everyday.

Top Bottom