• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How I Met Your Mother Season 9 |OT| How I Met Your Father Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brothers think she's ugly, I think she looks cute but this?
760937e982b3b03bb9c7f252331309f5.gif

She's adorable and lovable to me from that scene alone.

Which one's the mother again?

Tucah

you speak so well
Glad we're actually getting some time with the mother and I hope this season is good but goddamn am I ready for this show to end.

Cristin's makeup looks really off in last season's finale and this season's promo, which I think is partially responsible for criticisms about her looks. There's a behind the scenes clip where she looks much better and apparently
she and Ted kiss?

The OT title. So good! Season 7+8. So fucking bad! But I'm in it for the long haul. There is an end in sight, and even if Marshall looks like he wants to kill himself, the concept for Season 9 is interesting. It'll never be Friends, but it won't ever be Rules of Engagement. And that's good enough. That's good enough...

images

People complaining about Kristin's looks can fuck off back to the "Jennifer Lawrence is in some parallel universe a chubster" threads.

Well, here we go for one last time!

Really excited for the last season but really sad at the same time. It has been one of my fav shows since the start, been watching since day 1, lived through it all lol. I want it to have a good finish but yeah, still gonna be sad to see it come to an end. :(

Have we met everyone's doppelganger? I guess we should at least see the mother's doppelganger this season.

And how many slaps does Marshall have left?

These questions must be answered in the last season.

Have we met everyone's doppelganger? I guess we should at least see the mother's doppelganger this season.

And how many slaps does Marshall have left?

These questions must be answered in the last season.

What if Ted meets the Mother's doppelganger first, but then meets and marries the Mother later? In that event, would the Mother actually be the doppelganger?

Joni

That is the twist. We haven't met the mother yet, we have only seen her twin sister. They'll start a relationship, but she'll dump Ted because he kisses her twin sister in the finale without knowing they're twins. And that's how I met your mother, kids. The end.

Binged through season 8 this past weekend and surprisingly enjoyed it. What was the general opinion on the recent season, anyway?

Really quite excited.

Binged through season 8 this past weekend and surprisingly enjoyed it. What was the general opinion on the recent season, anyway?

In my personal opinion; Way better than Season 7, (Season 7 had Kevin and was awful) some great moments (Barney proposing to Robin), but still not as good as it's been in the past. Everything about Season 9 sounds great though.

I absolutely adore this show.

I just got done watching seasons 1 through 7.
I'm downloading 8 as we speak.

;___; This being the final season breaks my heart.

Season 8 was much better than Season 7 for me. Most people I know personally agree with this sentiment. Not as good as the first 2-3 seasons, but better than 7 for sure. I'm hoping the final season can improve on Season 8, or, hell, maintain that level even and I'll have fun.

maharg

idspispopd
I think my biggest problem with recent HIMYM (S7 and 8 run together for me) is that I feel like they've pushed Barney into some really creepy territory. I don't know if it's my values changing over the last 8 years or that they took something away from his character that was shielding him from scrutiny, but something changed and I find him pretty awful now. His and Robin's relationship rests on a pretty ridiculous bed of deception, which is kind of gross.

But I'm excited to finally see the show come to a conclusion, and I'm glad they aren't just bailing out with a shot of the mother and a fade to black.

Gannd

Banned
I think my biggest problem with recent HIMYM (S7 and 8 run together for me) is that I feel like they've pushed Barney into some really creepy territory. I don't know if it's my values changing over the last 8 years or that they took something away from his character that was shielding him from scrutiny, but something changed and I find him pretty awful now. His and Robin's relationship rests on a pretty ridiculous bed of deception, which is kind of gross.

But I'm excited to finally see the show come to a conclusion, and I'm glad they aren't just bailing out with a shot of the mother and a fade to black.

I think Barney has been creepy and really heart warming. The stuff with his dad in season 7 was fantastic. I think in season 8 they spent too much time on the Barney/Robin relationship and very little on Ted. Ted has really become a side character I feel like.

This is a guy who in one of his very first lines said the best feeling in the world was having your toes sucked. His way of getting to Robin was a little sleazy, but she fucked him over royally too. All's well that ends well...

Truthfully, I still hate Robin and Barney. Everything about it is terrible to me outside of them being awesome bros... which they hardly act like anymore now that they're together. My fiancee and I are still holding out hope that Ted has kids with The Mother and then Robin and Ted get married later on and Barney just lives the single life forever more. Of course, that'll never happen and probably makes less sense now, but we can still dream.

Truthfully, I still hate Robin and Barney. Everything about it is terrible to me outside of them being awesome bros... which they hardly act like anymore now that they're together. My fiancee and I are still holding out hope that Ted has kids with The Mother and then Robin and Ted get married later on and Barney just lives the single life forever more. Of course, that'll never happen and probably makes less sense now, but we can still dream.

Even semi-joking Ted/Robin shippers are the enemy :p

maharg

idspispopd
This is a guy who in one of his very first lines said the best feeling in the world was having your toes sucked. His way of getting to Robin was a little sleazy, but she fucked him over royally too. All's well that ends well...

Hey, I have no issue with him wanting to get his toes sucked. Whatever floats your boat and all that. That's not what I mean when I say that I feel like Barney's creepy now.

But this kind of reminds me that I also dislike that Robin became very stereotypical sitcom-wife when Barney and Robin became a real thing, and Lily has gotten quite a lot more prudish over the years. Both of these are pretty disappointing as well.

Gannd

Banned
Hey, I have no issue with him wanting to get his toes sucked. Whatever floats your boat and all that. That's not what I mean when I say that I feel like Barney's creepy now.

But this kind of reminds me that I also dislike that Robin became very stereotypical sitcom-wife when Barney and Robin became a real thing, and Lily has gotten quite a lot more prudish over the years. Both of these are pretty disappointing as well.

I think Lily becoming more prudish makes sense with her having a kid. I think that's more realistic.

Nah. Lily's become weirder/more outlandish if anything, and more manipulative (which I dislike the most). Robin is a bit of a sitcom wife, that's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom