• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How I Met Your Mother Season 9 |OT| How I Met Your Father Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Just like the old gypsy woman said" lol

Cheryl.png

Need to still finish Season 8, I recorded all the episodes as they aired on my DVR but was waiting for it to end. I've only gotten through half of it, entirely forgot about finishing it until recently.

Regardless, the first half is still better than Season 7, which had some highlights but was overall disappointing.

Ohwiseone

Strong opening.

If the season is like this, I will be a happy person.

Man though, When they are good, they are REALLY GOOD.

I loved victoria, I really did. But I honestly Think I like "The Mother" way more than her.

She is perfect.

Being single and watching this show SUCKS....

TylerD

I watched the first 3.5 seasons and haven't watched more than 5 episodes since. It doesn't feel like I missed much really.

chris121580

If that episode is any indicator of the season to come, it's going to be fantastic. What a great opener. Already love the mother

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Fantastic premiere, season is off to a great start.

I loved victoria, I really did. But I honestly Think I like "The Mother" way more than her.

She is perfect.

Being single and watching this show SUCKS....

They've already done a really great job with the mother. I like her more than Victoria, too, although she definitely reminds me of season 1 Victoria. Ted and her have great chemistry. I hope there are plenty more future scenes with the two interacting.

Also I'm with you on the single thing. This entire season is probably going to kill me since I feel like Ted right now.

RedAssedApe

Banned
damnit...didnt realize it was a double episode. thought the locket was a repeat. thought the scene with the mother and both teds was cheesy but i guess im in the minority.

Man, it's really nice how well the mother works with the cast.

She's pretty great with Lily and just great with Ted.

Such a great first two episodes.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
I liked this debut. Ted and the mother have great chemistry together.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Hopefully they can maintain this quality all season because those were a good couple of episodes.

Also I'm with you on the single thing. This entire season is probably going to kill me since I feel like Ted right now.

I know that feel, bro.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
it was scary how well Ted and the Mother work. Not even skipping a beat.

Cristin's doing a great job so far, more so with Ted than Lily, but everything else was pretty mediocre outside of Curtis who's pretty funny. The season premieres are always terrible though, I hated the one from Season 7.

Also Lily was probably the weakest link in this episode, followed by Marshall.

Really? I thought her and Lily were fantastic together. Her and Ted were good too, but there was so little screentime to work with.

I think Lily just annoyed me this episode. She was whiny for most of it and her fight with Ted seemed like a contrived way to get her alone and meet the mother. She and the mother had good chemistry but at the expense of realism. It's hard for me to believe that Lily, a stranger on a train, asks the mother to stop her from looking at her baby's pictures, and the mother will resort to biting her and hitting her with a magazine. Thus whatever bond they shared came off as "the writing made it so" and not "two characters met naturally and hit it off."

The mother's scene with Ted didn't have this problem because it's a flashforward and they had been together for a while so it makes sense that they'd get along and make jokes at each other's expense. Their chemistry was more natural.

Yeah I'm probably going to do what I do usually and try and blank out Lily and Marshall's parts. Lily's a really unpleasant person, and Jason Segel has been half-assing it to hell lately.

I thought it was a great episode. Love the Mother too. And wow... it was actually funny. It made me laugh. Which I guess you expect from a sitcom, but...

other than a couple scenes here and there, that was a horrid premiere. Ugh, reminded me why I stopped watching last season. are you kidding me with that opening scene? >_>

They nailed it with the casting of the mother though. Her and Ted are perfect, and the chemistry is different from all his other relationships.

rakhir

So maybe i'm stupid and I missed it, but did The Mother get a name this episodes? Or will she gets one only when she introduces herself to Ted?

I loved her, she already feels like she was in this show since forever.

fisheyes

Not a bad start to the season compared to what we've been getting for years, but man, I'm so ready for this show to end.

Mother seems really good so far though. Well cast, good chemistry with Ted and Lily, well done.

CassSept

Surprisingly decent premiere. Mother so far has great chemistry with both Lily and Ted, great choice. I found Robin/Barney plot in first episode pretty funny, huh.

One way or another, with how weak the openings of the past 2 season were, it is quite promising.

Ohwiseone

Fuck that last scene from "coming home" (Part 2) is so fucking good.

Whoever is their music advisor is damn good. Fuck, I've watched that scene like 4 times. That is the example of how good the show was and is.

I mean you can't help but sit and smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom