• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How likely is it that these Wii U games will be ported to Switch?

Bakkus

Considering how many it has happened to already, I'd like to know how likely you think it is that these games are gonna follow along at some point

The Wonderful 101
Super Mario 3D World
Super Mario Maker Got an expansion/sequel
Smash 4 (lol)
Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
Pikmin 3
Xenoblade Chronicles X
The New Super Mario/Luigi games Ported
Yoshi's Woolly World
Paper Mario: Color Splash
Splatoon 1 (lol)
Tokyo Mirage Sessions Ported

Personally I think the one which is least likely is of course Smash 4 for the obvious reason that it serves no purpose with Ultimate around the corner, I have little faith in either Splatoon or any of the latter 4 games getting ported either. The first 3 though are feel are strong possibilities.

Last edited:

Enzo88

Considering how many it has happened to already, I'd like to know how likely you think it is that these games are gonna follow along at some point

The Wonderful 101
Super Mario 3D World
Super Mario Maker
Smash 4
Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
Pikmin 3
Xenoblade Chronicles X
The New Super Mario/Luigi games
Yoshi's Woolly World
Paper Mario: Color Splash
Splatoon 1

Personally I think the one which is least likely is of course Smash 4 for the obvious reason that it serves no purpose with Ultimate around the corner, I have little faith in either Splatoon or any of the latter 4 games getting ported either. The first 3 though are feel are strong possibilities.
My odds:

The Wonderful 101: 25%
Super Mario 3D World: 80%
Super Mario Maker: 80%
Smash 4: 0%
Zelda: Wind Waker HD: 80%
Zelda: Twilight Princess HD: 80%
Pikmin 3: 50%
Xenoblade Chronicles X: 50%
The New Super Mario/Luigi games: 80%
Yoshi's Woolly World: 60%
Paper Mario: Color Splash: 50%
Splatoon 1: 25%

Smash 4, Splatoon 1, are completely off the table.

Mario Maker can go either way. Either we get get an enhanced port or a straight up sequel. It's not going away.
My odds:
Splatoon 1: 25%

You really think Splatoon 1 has a chance? There is a sequel out that iterates and improves quite a bit over the original, rendering the first game obsolete.

My odds:
smash 4: 0%
splatoon 1: 0%
Mario Maker: 50% (it will come to switch for sure, but the question is will it be a port or new game? I give a 50/50 chance
Wind Waker HD: 80%
Twilight Princess HD: 80%
Wonderful 101: 5%
Xenoblade X: 5%
Pikmin 3: 50% (same situation as Mario Maker above)
New Super Mario Bros U 25% (I don't believe the rumors. I think Mario Maker is the successor to those games)
Super Mario 3D world: 80%
Yoshi Woolly World: 30%
Paper Mario Color Splash: 50%

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
You are missing one of the most important game on this list.
latest

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Bakkus

You are missing one of the most important game on this list.
latest

giphy.gif
Damn, I even skimmed through Metacritic to ensure I didn't forget anything. The Kirby Canvas Curse sequel is also forgotten, but I realize that game would be impossible to play docked so it's nothing to discuss, really. Well, TMS is added now. Are there any downloadable games on Wii U (of note that is) which hasn't had a Switch port yet?

Mario Maker: 50% (it will come to switch for sure, but the question is will it be a port or new game? I give a 50/50 chance
Wouldn't it be a bit of a scam to be claiming to create a sequel to this game considering that pretty much all of the assets will be reused?

Last edited:

Enzo88

Smash 4, Splatoon 1, are completely off the table.

Mario Maker can go either way. Either we get get an enhanced port or a straight up sequel. It's not going away.

You really think Splatoon 1 has a chance? There is a sequel out that iterates and improves quite a bit over the original, rendering the first game obsolete.

My odds:
smash 4: 0%
splatoon 1: 0%
Wind Waker HD: 80%
Twilight Princess HD: 80%
Wonderful 101: 5%
Xenoblade X: 5%
Pikmin 3: 50% (same situation as Mario Maker above)
New Super Mario Bros U 25% (I don't believe the rumors. I think Mario Maker is the successor to those games)
Super Mario 3D world: 80%
Yoshi Woolly World: 30%
Paper Mario Color Splash: 50%
You have a point on Splatoon, the single player campaign is not even that relevant from what i heard.

Danjin44

Damn, I even skimmed through Metacritic to ensure I didn't forget anything. The Kirby Canvas Curse sequel is also forgotten, but I realize that game would be impossible to play docked so it's nothing to discuss, really. Well, TMS is added now. Are there any downloadable games on Wii U (of note that is) which hasn't had a Switch port yet?
Why? The text system can work same way as Persona 5. When you looking at text on WiiU pad there is nothing going on the TV other than character looking at his phone. There is nothing Impossible about it.

DonF

Stealth port begging thread? jk
I skipped the Wii u and now have a switch, so I wouldn't mind if every good game gets a port.

Bakkus

Why? The text system can work same way as Persona 5. When you looking at text on WiiU pad there is nothing going on the TV other than character looking at his phone. There is nothing Impossible about it.
Was talking about Kirby, not TMS.

The Wonderful 101 25%
Super Mario 3D World 60%
Super Mario Maker 50% (a Mario Maker will be on Switch in some form eventually)
Smash 4 0%
Zelda: Wind Waker HD 70%
Zelda: Twilight Princess HD 70%
Pikmin 3 0% (I'm quite sure they're skipping strait to 4)
Xenoblade Chronicles X 80% (already stated Monolith wants it on Switch and 2 sold good)
The New Super Mario/Luigi games 80%
Yoshi's Woolly World 25% (already on 3DS and making a all new Yoshi for Switch, so low chances)
Paper Mario: Color Splash 10%
Splatoon 1 0%
Tokyo Mirage Sessions 25%

TLZ

Banned
Tbh you'd have thought Paper Mario color splash and Tokyo Mirage Sessions were a given especially for 2018. I don't know why they never took advantage.

Danjin44

Tbh you'd have thought Paper Mario color splash and Tokyo Mirage Sessions were a given especially for 2018. I don't know why they never took advantage.
I want this more than anything but I think the reality is the music on that game going tho have licensing issues. There is good chance we might never see it on Switch.
GIF-cry-dawson-feelings-hurt-sad-GIF.gif

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
The Wonderful 101 25%
Super Mario 3D World 90%
Super Mario Maker 50% (a Mario Maker will be on Switch in some form eventually)
Smash 4 0%
Zelda: Wind Waker HD 70%
Zelda: Twilight Princess HD 70%
Pikmin 3 0% (I'm quite sure they're skipping strait to 4)
Xenoblade Chronicles X 50% (already stated Monolith wants it on Switch and 2 sold good)
The New Super Mario/Luigi games 80%
Yoshi's Woolly World 0% (already on 3DS and making a all new Yoshi for Switch, so low chances)
Paper Mario: Color Splash 0%
Splatoon 1 0%
Tokyo Mirage Sessions 0.0000000000000001%

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
I think most of those have a pretty good chance, and I'm also hoping for TMS. If not, I guess I'll have to bust that Wii U copy open eventually.

Buy a Wii U.

Once modded its a truly excellent console because it becomes pretty much a legacy emulation device for virtually every Nintendo platform ever.

:messenger_winking_tongue:
I stick by Yoshi's Woolly World, especially now that we got a random 3DS Epic Yarn out of no where, given Woolly World lost a big of its charm on the little 3DS screen I could see Nintendo still wanting it on a more successful HD console one day.
3D World I wanted to put higher, but they're stubborn when it comes to re-releasing 3D Mario's not called 64.

Also you forgot to change New Super Mario/Luigi to 100%. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Bakkus

Also you forgot to change New Super Mario/Luigi to 100%. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I did change it to 'Ported', but I guess 100% looks better based on how much use of percentage this thread has, so, it's changed again!

Buy a Wii U.

Once modded its a truly excellent console because it becomes pretty much a legacy emulation device for virtually every Nintendo platform ever.
I own one actually, I have sold my Hyrule Warriors and DKC:TF, and looking for a buyer of my Pokken (not gonna sell Captain Toad tho, fuck Nintendo for removing levels and that damn ending retcon.)

I have never been interested in mods tho. Own most retro consoles, so I usually buy my stuff on those from Ebay.

Last edited:

Yagami_Sama

I think that just Splatoon 1 has no chance to be released, Splatoon 2 is killing. The other which I think is less likely is #FE, the game did not receive the love it deserves.

All other games listed has a chance, mainly the popular ones. Mario Maker may receive the Deluxe treatment too.

Smash 4, you may say that they are porting it to Switch with Ultimate ....

Thurible

Gosh I don't like how nintendo is just porting wii u games to the switch almost like they didn't exist before. It also feels like they are disregarding their fans with wii us.

I did change it to 'Ported', but I guess 100% looks better based on how much use of percentage this thread has, so, it's changed again!
I was actually quoting Whataburger who quoted my list with changes, however since he said nothing it looked like I was quoting no one, but I fixed it. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Would love to see both Zelda-games, Wonderful 101, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario 3D World make the jump to Switch. Seems like the possibilities for a migration is pretty high, given that Nintendo seems to port the entire Wii U-portfolio.

xviper

since the Fans are pretending that they enjoy these ports rather than making new games, Nintendo will keep doing them

at this rate, there won't be a new Mario kart or 2d mario game for the switch, i personally couldn't give less fuck

JimiNutz

Banned
Super Mario 3D World seems like a guarantee but I'm surprised that they haven't announced it already. The more time than goes on the least likely it seems. Maybe they didn't want to release another '3D' Mario so close to Odyssey?

Yoshi's Crafted World is basically just an expanded Yoshi's Wooly World, so you can probably cross that off too.

The only ones I want from that list are Super Mario Maker and Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Actual new games that would work fantastically on the Switch. I'm actually surprised neither of those have happened yet, especially Mario Maker.

Everything else on that list (with the exception of Wonderful 101) is just uninspired games that should be left in the past, games that are already getting sequels, or ports of remakes, which we really, really don't need more of.

There's a point when porting becomes a parody. Portody? I think even Nintendo knows this. New stuff is far more important that rehashing our aging hobby's desperate clinging to nostalgia over and over again.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
At this rate the whole WiiU library will be ported. Which is good for those who never had a WiiU but not so much for those of us who had one and want to see new games.

Last edited:

Bakkus

With Tokyo Mirage Sessions announced, I felt it was time to update this thread. Crazy that we're still missing at least 8 notable games even if we ignore the ones which have gotten glorified expansion packs (no offense, Smash, Splatoon and Mario Maker). Although Xenoblade X is definitely bound to happen in the near future with Xenoblade 1 getting a remaster.

Last edited:

Shantae

Banned
I'm honestly shocked that Super Mario 3D World is still not on Switch. Seems like such easy money, and easy port. Those Zelda HD games also are giving me plenty good reason to keep using the Wii U.

Bakkus

Why you all sleeping on Devil's Third where you can slide upwards the stairs!

iu

And where's this one?
iu
Devil's Third is not gonna happen. Few people liked it andd no publisher will touch it. I have to admit, I don't know much about the Fatal Frame franchise other than it's a horror game were you take pictures of scary ghosts and the constant complaints NOA got over that the Wii game wasn't gonna get localized. Does the Wii U game have a large following? Because I don't think I've ever heard anyone talk about it since it's release.

zenspider

Devil's Third is not gonna happen. Few people liked it andd no publisher will touch it. I have to admit, I don't know much about the Fatal Frame franchise other than it's a horror game were you take pictures of scary ghosts and the constant complaints NOA got over that the Wii game wasn't gonna get localized. Does the Wii U game have a large following? Because I don't think I've ever heard anyone talk about it since it's release.

Devil's Third is a goddamn gem, but I don't see it coming back unless it's port of the PC F2P multiplayer.

I think Fatal Frame being a digital exclusive killed it - if I remember the game didn't fit on the white Wii Us, and even though I had a black one and enjoyed the demo, I would have to delete and redownload too much to bother. Not the worst idea for a no frills port maybe when this Switch "phase 1" sunsets.

Top Bottom