• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many games do you have ? (Digital and Physical)

How many games do you have ?

• Total voters
****Pirated games and emulators doesn't count!****

Of course, if you have many, you won't know precisely how many games you have, but at least you have an idea!

image-asset.jpeg

Tell us how bad your backlog is, if you intend to start other games, if some games hold you back... anyway, the more you comment, better for the topic! :)

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
No idea to be honest. Probably 150 digital on Xbox before I booted it in to space. Easily over 150 on PS. Nintendo? Probably 30 or so digitally, maybe more.

That’s digital. No idea how many physical games I’ve owned over time.

Damn those poll options. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I used to be mostly into digital games until 2020 when I decided to switch things up and go for physical copies more often and if given the option. Right now, I've got around 400 physical games for PS4, PS5, Switch, and Xbox, and they're all sitting nicely on my shelf. 😉

As for my digital library I have around 1000 games across various launchers and platforms.

Last edited:

Fbh

That I've actually bought and still own? Probably around 100

Once you add stuff like giveaways and random shit from bundles (which I probably bought because of 1-2 games in them) it's way more.

Dr.Morris79

Yeah, same situation here...lol
How do you deal with storage? Luckily where I moved out the parent house years ago it became a storage hub 👀

The house we have now... has become a storage hub, the wife loves it. I had to floor board the loft, put in damp protection and hope for the best, it was hell :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Mr Hyde

Probably around 350- 400 with a 60 - 40 split physical vs digital. I sold off a big chunk of my retro collection recently, about 200 games, so I reckon about 60% of my collection is still intact.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
literally thousands. over 4,000 on Steam. Another almost 700 on GOG. A few hundred on Epic. That's just the PC stuff.

Physical games everywhere - about 400 PS4 games, 40 PS5 games, 300 Switch games, and boxes and boxes of "retro" stuff that I haven't sold yet.

Chastten

Banned
Okay, lets do a rough count. Rough estimates, but 150 on Switch, 10 on PS4, 130 on Xbox 360, 20 on Xbox, 40 on GameCube, 30 on N64, 6 on NES, 80 on GB/C/A, 50 on NDS, 40 on 3DS... That's roughly 550 console/handheld games, mostly physical, but also includes some digital games on Switch, Xbox 360 and 3DS.

Than on PC between Steam, Epic and a few other launchers, only including games I actually intend to play... another 500ish.

So yeah, roughly a thousand.

I regularly sell stuff to downsize my collection. Last year I got rid of my entire Wii and Wii U collections, as well as most GBA stuff. Earlier I sold (valuable) parts of my Game Boy collection, SNES, MegaDrive, WonderSwan Color and other stuff. No regrets. Even having a thousand games is very much overkill as most of it is just collecting dust while I'm playing on Switch and PC.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I would guess between 3 and 400. I'm probably undercutting. So had to say given alot are digital now. Steam by itself is sitting at 236. Then about 20-30 on EGS, Ubisoft I have like 3 or 4....EA I have 3. Battle.net I have 6....

Ok PC plus all consoles and I guess mobile counts as well...about 500 or so.

How do you deal with storage? Luckily where I moved out the parent house years ago it became a storage hub 👀

The house we have now... has become a storage hub, the wife loves it. I had to floor board the loft, put in damp protection and hope for the best, it was hell :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I have a room specific for my games. The big issue is clean the collection, because its all on shelves, etc.

Man, sometimes i just want to put everything on several boxes. I clean every 2 weeks. Its an ENTIRE day cleaning consoles, boxes, cartridges...Its so much work...

Last edited:
Digital sales are fuc*** up. I cant control and buy tons of games that i like, but its not essential.

Sales are a plague.

MiguelItUp

All are on PC because they have to be. I wouldn't be surprised if it's 300-500 somewhere give or take.

On console everything is physical aside from a few games that just aren't physical. Like Quake, DOOM 1, 2, and 3, etc.

Dr.Morris79

I have a room specific for my games. The big issue is clean the collection, because its all on shelves, etc.

Man, sometimes i just want to put everything on several boxes. I clean every 2 weeks. Its an ENTIRE day cleaning consoles, boxes, cartridges...Its so much work...
Honestly don't miss those days, I'm a dust freak, any dust, out comes the hoover :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I boxed most of it up and only have out what I'm using now. Even thats a pain in the arse to clean!

Mitsurux

Between Physical and Digital, in the range of about 1200 - 1400.
At one point I had an excel spreadsheet with all the Physical games listed and systems etc. My backlog extends all of the way back to the NES days.
I could stop buying games today, and have something to play for the rest of my life.

El Muerto

I have 1692 games on Steam alone. I never sell my video game stuff so i accumulate games for every system. Over 100 physical games each for PS3 and PS4, and maybe 50 digital between the two. Just a handful of games for Xbox 360-Series X. Approximately 50 games for every system prior to those dating back to Atari, including handhelds.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah over 2000. Many of those I got for 5-25 cents via bundles, probably over 200 completely for free from people with extra keys in my social network, but I have also been spendy as well. I’m a purveyor of the art.

Last edited:

m14

Keep in mind that any poster from the UK will have around 20 old and unwanted copies of Fifa in their home, regardless of whether they ever played the game or not.

I have 1130 games installed on hard drives connected to my Xbox (95%+ digital), another 40 physical & digital on my 360, and around 180 physical/digital PS3/PS4/PS5. I'm not going to count any of my older games as they are all in boxes in the garage, and instead their ROMs are loaded on an emulation computer.

Edit: another 200 games or so on GOG and Steam, but I haven't had a good PC in at least 7 years, so they are mostly classics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom