• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much have you saved up for next gen already?

diffusionx

Gold Member
I sold around $700 worth of shit on eBay the past few months so I could use that if I wanted.

But neither company has done a very good job of telling me why i should get one in 2020.

1500€ for PS5 and a 4k hdmi 2.1 TV HDR.
I'll be getting both in spring if i can find a 55 or 60inch TV for 800 or 1000€ but i think i'm dreaming eyes wilde open and it won't be real before 2 or 3 years at best. Actual TV sets suck hard, even the 2000 or 3000€ one.

That's why i've always been in the latter, the better train. What's the point in those new consoles if TV suck? Yeah, i'm looking at you Sony. In Europe, it's a nightmare.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

My bank account is at -£2000 and I have a credit card with -£1500 on it. I also have no job and no savings:

I8fqBgA.png

Ready for next-gen!

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I live well below my means, so I don't really have to save up or plan for it. I'll just buy it and save a bit less that month.

meech

And why would you need 2.1 for PS5? They won't be able to do 120@4K, you guys keep falling for marketing bullshit once again, maybe indie like Ori on XSX will, but even Rachet won't do 4K@60.
Vrr. And who nows, maybee some racing games will offer 120@ 4k.

StrongGuy

Around 410 in amazon gift cards. I started buying more games lately, so my balance dropped a bit.

I'll probably wait until the ps5 slim + 3 free games deal on Black Friday, so i have plenty of time to accumulate more points.

I'm probably double posting to reply here...I don't really care:

You are surely kidding, right?
Not only are people not earning enough for their work to consider 500€ or $, a neglectible spending, they are also probably out of work, or severely compromised in this fuckingh pandemic going on.

I'm happy for you if you can just throw away that kind of money without worrying about your well-being, but don't assume that to be the case for everyone.
500 dollars is nothing. And if you are worried about your so-called well being you shouldn't be on a gaming forum and instead be bettering yourself in life. Give me a break.

Ellery

I have the money ready for the PS5 + TV + extras.

Best case scenario I expect 499€ + 899€ + 200-300€ (games + accessories maybe)
Worst case scenario would be : 599€ + 1299€ + 300€

Whatever it is I have the money ready to get everything day1, but I dislike overspending since tech ages so badly

Hostile_18

Banned
500 dollars is nothing. And if you are worried about your so-called well being you shouldn't be on a gaming forum and instead be bettering yourself in life. Give me a break.

I can't tell if this is real or we are been trolled.

Should people be "bettering themselves" 24/7? Do they not deserve fun and enjoyment, a little time away from their worries? Don't think your better than someone else just because you have more money. It's a proper lack of empathy on your part. So what if someone has to save for something they want, it doesn't mean they are neglecting other things, they most certainly are not hence the saving.

Anyone that works a minimum wage job should not be gaming? Or someone in a poor country just because of where they were born?

Honestly. Enjoy looking down on everyone else from up there.

small_law

Here's the shopping list:

Asus ROG Strix 3090
PS5
Xbox Series X

I'm good to cover an expensive fall. I'm also recovering from a really bad bout of audiophilism I had this summer.

If you have to plan around a 500 dollar piece of plastic you are doing life wrong. Or you are a child.

Yes because all people start from equal position, right?

Entitled people like to think that all their success comes from them, nothing is luck or part of their starting point.

While in reality small differences in childhood turn into big things in adulthood.

Family connections is big part of success, easy to start career when they help you in first position

Wealth is another. Easier to be more outgoing and self confident when having lot of experiences as a kid.

In reality one can be really talented and good person, but they never get a real chance to use their talent as their time and energy goes into basic survival and paying bills.

And one thing common for entitled people is, that they never want to admit that they have been lucky, and people in lower wealth can be just unlucky.

I've save 2000€ for next gen, just by buying&selling games and stuff. But all arent this lucky. And I'm unemployed just because I dont have connections, while I have talent + university degree, it means nothing without right connections.

Night.Ninja

Banned
Neogaf went from gender wars to race wars now to classism wars :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Now its about who's the richest :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:
I can't tell if this is real or we are been trolled.

Should people be "bettering themselves" 24/7? Do they not deserve fun and enjoyment, a little time away from their worries? Don't think your better than someone else just because you have more money. It's a proper lack of empathy on your part. So what if someone has to save for something they want, it doesn't mean they are neglecting other things, they most certainly are not hence the saving.

Anyone that works a minimum wage job should not be gaming? Or someone in a poor country just because of where they were born?

Honestly. Enjoy looking down on everyone else from up there.
All I hear is excuses, working a minimum wage job go find one that doesn't pay that wage. Born in a poor county..Move. You millennials are a joke. I'm just sick of hearing poor me bla bla bla better yourself. Stop talking on a gaming forum and better your life.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
No need to save up, I’m just waiting for things to finally come out.

PS5
RTX 3090
iPhone 12 Pro
I’ll probably buy a TV around when the ps5 comes out

Ar¢tos

I saved 500€ for the ps5 and, so far, 400€ for PSVR2.
I have plenty of time to save another 100€ for PSVR2.

Patrick S.

Banned
I have €500 in my drawer and €140 in PayPal credit set aside. Let's see if there are still any RTX 3080 cards available at the end of the month normal prices, preferrably the Zotac one because it looks quite nice. Don't have enough before the next paycheck comes in :/

Yay IT-life at a small/medium business in Germany!

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
At this point if i keep my money in the bank , by the time these consoles release i generated enough interest to pay for them.

DeaDPo0L84

If you have to save up the potential $500/$600 for either console it now makes sense why pcs seems to expensive too a lot of users here.

The current plan is to purchase 2x3080, hold off on a PS5 until there are enough exclusives to warrant the purchase, and possibly buy a 65" LG CX upon further research.

Last edited:

ripeavocado

Banned
You don't need to save money to buy a console if you have a normal job.

If you need to save money and you have a normal job then you are underpaid (ask for more, strike, whatever) or you are spending way too much money on other things.

Become a responsible person with money, you don't need to consume products to be happy, buying a console on day 1 is the cherry on top, if you can't easily afford it, don't buy it, there are plenty of cheaper ways (and often better ways) to be entertained.
Consumerism is bad.

* if you have a normal job but the price of a PS5 is too high in your country then follow the advice above.

edit

My bank account is at -£2000 and I have a credit card with -£1500 on it. I also have no job and no savings:

Ready for next-gen!

This is exactly what people shouldn't do.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I have enough money for a TV and ps5. But I will wait for the first problems of hardware.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It's starting to feel like neither MS or Sony actually want to start next gen. This game of chicken may well end up in a head on collision.

Hostile_18

Banned
All I hear is excuses, working a minimum wage job go find one that doesn't pay that wage. Born in a poor county..Move. You millennials are a joke. I'm just sick of hearing poor me bla bla bla better yourself. Stop talking on a gaming forum and better your life.

The only one complaining about saving is ironically those like you that afford a new console (or two) without doing so 😂. So any one with a low income or unemployed shouldn't be on this forum? I've heard it all now.

If theres any thing you want that you need to save for should you not be allowed it? Does everything you buy have to be bought there and then with little effect on your finances? Arnt some luxury purchases worth a little more time investment? I work hard for my money, I manage it well and it don't appreciate been told to "better myself" because I plan my finances. I've never had an issue, never complained about the price and been gaming happily for 30 years.

I think you need to better your social skills because apparently your mountain of money has stopped you living in the real world along with the rest of us.

That's all I have to say with regards to people looking down on those that save money.

Last edited:

Esca

I have a 1k budget for next gen. That includes a ps5, charging station, and games for whatever is left. It's really my budget for the first few months of the gen.

NeonDelta

400 quid from some overtime I did last month, anything else will either come out of savings or octobers/November’s pay

T8SC

Hey everyone look at Mr Moneybags over here

Not needing to save £500 to buy a console does not mean you're classed as "Mr Moneybags", unless perhaps you're still saving your pocket money from your parents for washing the dishes & everyone else looks rich.

Top Bottom