• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much liquid do you drink other than water?

stenbumling

Unconfirmed Member
Water, tea and coffee, basically. Sometimes beer and/or wine. Rarely any soda these days, but on those lazy days when I order fast food/pizza and soda is included in the menu I won't say no.

KorrZ

Almost strictly water and coffee most days.

Generally 2-3 coffees per day and the rest water.

Alcohol / Beer pretty much only if I'm actually trying to get drunk.

arigato

Other than water I drink orange juice, wine, coffee, hot chocolate for winter, and the occasional glass bottled fanta or Sprite.

Metalmarc

One 500ml can of relentless a day, one small pop (sometimes everyday, sometimes every few days)

lately been trying to drink 2 litres of plain water a day, and more now its hot here in the UK, already through 3 litres of plain water today, plan to drink more today, i also buy those one litre fizzy fruit flavoured waters and drink between 0.5 - 1.5l litres worth a day.

Also should add i am over weight and have cut down my caffiene and pop (soda) intake immensley, slowly but surely and started drinking lots more plain water everyday, in its place, thats only been in the last couple of months though.

Is there such think as drinking too much for the body if your overweight? How about in the summer?

Ron Mexico

3-4 Monsters a day, either the blue or the flavored teas

I'll have beer a couple times a week, and usually sparking water like LaCroix at home.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Morning I have a good coffee and some juice when I wake up, and then a crappy instant coffee later in the morning. Lunch I have diluted juice, then a couple of cups of tea in the afternoon & evening.

Mathieran

Banned
I drink almost only water. I might drink sweet tea if it's been provided to me.

The only thing I drink regularly other than water is alcohol, once or twice a week.

Kaizer

Banned
Water is pretty much the only thing I drink. I don't think coffee, fruit juices, energy drinks, beer or alcohol. Occassionally I'll have a glass of chocolate milk. Now that rule isn't set in stone, but I can count the number of times I've drunk something that wasn't water in the past year with just my hands.

Zomba13

A glass or two of Diet Coke a day with my dinner (depending on how thirsty the meal makes me) and milk when I'm having cake or with cereal or toast. I really should probably try and cut back on the Coke but it's so good with a bunch of ice.

I mostly drink water though. Just constantly have a glass or bottle of it on my desk, gotta stay hydrated.

mokeyjoe

I have about 5 or 6 cups of tea a day, green or black. Occasional coffees and diet drinks. Don't drink a great deal of just water.

A.J.

Banned
I sometimes have a minibottle of Coke Zero with a meal. If I go out I sometimes have a real soda with a meal.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
What kind of iced tea are you guys drinking?

I've been cycling through Lipton's Green Tea flavors, personally. My favorite so far is the Purple Acai Blueberry.

41000072376-712143.png.ulenscale.490x490.png

I usually let six bags of those steep in a 2 quarter pitcher overnight and then make a simple syrup with a 1/3 of a cup of sugar and add that.

I experimented with the amount of sugar when I first started doing iced tea and I found that 1/3 of a cup is just enough to give it some sweetness without overdoing it. Anything less and you can barely tell it's even there.

Shadybiz

It is mostly water.

2-3 cups of coffee per day during the workweek, maybe 1 in the morning on the weekends.

....And beer on the weekends. ....LOTS of beer. Basically what's holding me back from a flat midsection...but it's so good.

LifEndz

I rarely drink soda anymore. It's way too bad for you.

Other than water, it's 2 cups of coffee in the morning, Vitamin Water XXX in the afternoon or the occasional Gingerale.

Linkura

Basically none. Maybe like once a year I'll have something other than water. I've always liked water, even as a kid.

zulux21

does it still count as water if;

A. it is flavored water
B. I add flavoring to it such as mio or crystal light.
c. if I add a tea bag to it?

if it doesn't then I don't really drink much water unless I am at work.

I don't like plain water and in general need something in it. That being said I cut down on soda and what not, and thus average a single can of soda a day and the rest of my liquid intake is some sort of calorie free intake.

I would guess i drink like 3-4 lbs of water a day. The only non-water thing that i drink is 8 oz of almond milk for my whey protein.

For anyone struggling with their weight, i would highly, highly, highly advise that you ditch liquid calories.

Maximus.

On average I drink mainly water. The only thing other than water is a cup of coffee when I wake up.

Don't drink pop and don't drink alcohol daily or weekly, but I'll have the occasional beer or glass of wine with a meal at home or if I go out.

rtcn63

For you hardcore water drinkers, considering mixing in a teaspoon or two of lite salt, particularly if you exercise regularly (electrolytes and shit)

morton-lite-salt-mixture-7-250x587.png

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
2L of water plus two hot chocolate drinks a day.

Besides the 2.5L of water I try to get in per day, I'll usually drink a can of diet soda every other day. And a cup of coffee occasionally.

Dunk#7

My average daily intake for years:

5 - 12oz Cans of Mountain Dew
1 - 16oz bottle of water (sometimes none at all)

Currently 5'11" and 160 lbs, but I am sure my insides are hating me.

Every checkup or blood test I have comes back at all normal levels.

I just hate drinking something with no taste unless I am very active and thirsty.

Fnord

I drink a glass of water as soon as I wake up, a glass of water with creatine on the way to work. Coffee all day at work. Maybe 60-72oz a day. Pre-workout and post-workout drinks five nights a week. Other than that, I drink mostly soda water or unsweetened iced tea.

aett

A mug of coffee in the morning, a diet soda for lunch, and water throughout the day. My wife doesn't drink alcohol at all, I only drink when being social, and my wife and kids keep me busy just about 24/7, so I've only had like a couple alcoholic drinks per year for the last several years.

Sometimes I have a second mug of coffee in the afternoon, usually on weekends, because my kids wear me out faster than my job.

dtcm83

I probably average around 24oz (3 cups) of coffee a day and around maybe 8oz of beer a day (every few days I'll have a beer or two, sometimes less, sometimes more if factoring in a fun weekend). That's about it. I really only drink water, coffee and beer/wine.

Top Bottom