• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much will college cost you this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midas

$11000 for a year? That's crazy.

We should be happy it's "free" here. You even get $300 a month. :D

Ferrio said:
Everything for the year.
Ah.

By the time I graduate in December, I'm guessing I'll have spent about $5000 on tuition and books alone this year. I won't even bother trying to figure out what everything else is going to cost, but I'd wager it's considerably less than the national average for most college students.

Still, thank heavens for Uncle Sam and his nifty student grants and loans. :D

belgurdo

Banned
About $2500 (go community college!), paid on loan

I used to attend a private college that cost about $30000 a year without loans...not surprising why I switched

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Midas said:
$11000 for a year? That's crazy.

We should be happy it's "free" here. You even get $300 a month. :D

Fuck yeah you should. I'm paying almost $20,000 and I'm living off campus.

bjork

Like $12k, but 0 out of pocket... repaying these loans are going to kill me later, I'm glad my game backlog is growing while it can...

Around $7000 for the entire year. My bill for this semester is just under 3k, but i will have more classes next semester so the price will go up.

Dyne

Hey, does anyone else have their parents paying off their student loans for them? :D

My parents had to go through University without their parents support and they said it was hell, so they're making it up for me.

darscot

College will cost me nothign this year. It will however earn me a very nice salary. So stop your crying. Your a student your suppose to be starving.

Matlock

Banned
AlphaSnake said:
4200k just for two semesters and books. CUNY rocks!

You'd better take some math classes, man. 'course, I think CUNY would like taking someone for over four million dollars.

MIMIC

Banned
Fortunately, I received a full scholarship and won't have to pay anything.

(please don't accuse me of being cocky. :()

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Matlock said:
You'd better take some math classes, man. 'course, I think CUNY would like taking someone for over four million dollars.

Wha'ch you know about how I roll, n**ga? I can drop 50Gs and think nothin of it.

3.jpg

lordmrw

21000, but thats because all 4 semesters are going to be done in one year for me. Initially I was going to go to Rhode Island College, but when I thought about it, I've done all my general education classes, so all thats left is my major. And I might as welll go to Gibbs, where semesters are 11 weeks, and 1 year straight, and get it over with. If it weren't all at once, it would be 5100 or so.

2,500 a term in tuition
1,600 a term in rent
500 a term in books

A typical year consists of 2 terms (im doing 3 terms, but thats because im not taking a summer off to work) comes to $9,200 canadian. With that in mind, im paying zero. My parents on the other hand....

MIMIC said:
Fortunately, I received a full scholarship and won't have to pay anything.

(please don't accuse me of being cocky. :()

Hey, thats awesome. Im hoping i can get some scholorship money for next semester or at least the next year. I missed the cut off date for getting all my aplications in for this semester.

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
/Glad to live in Europe

I am actually getting money from the State plus Grands and the part time job ,so i am about +2000€ this year,after paying all the fees,food,room and other spendings.

I will have to pay half of the state money back,so its around 3000,but if pay it all back at once,i pay only 1500€ for this year

Chony

1700 a quarter tuition
300 dollars of books per quarter
250 food per quarter
250 on misscealaneous i cant spell

X3

= $7500

MoxManiac

I'm hoping to be able to get some finanical aid or scholarship(s), otherwise i'm on my own, with my mom recovering from a major stroke and my dad off doing his own thing. Hopefully if I do the loan thing the payments will be reasonable.

I'm about $50,000 in the hole for my Northwestern University education. I had some decent grants and scholarships too: damn private schools trying to outclass each other by raising tuition irrelevant of actual costs.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Tortfeasor said:
$55,000

2nd year of law school.

Word life; finally someone in my price range (and that's with a $10k yearly scholarship).

Where do you go to school?

At least I got paid to go to undergrad.

fart

Savant
i hate everyone but the law school krew. i won't get any funding until i'm a phD student OH WAIT I MEAN I WON'T EVER GET FUNDING

HATE

basically i need to think of some way to get published in the next two years or i'm completely assed in the ass.

LusDekkar

I pay $0, but technically it's around $6000-8000 (australian) for this year. I put it all on HECS so yeah, dn't pay for it til i get a job and earn over a certian amount. My HECS debt is pretty big though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom