• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much will college cost you this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teiresias

I only actually had to pay for my first two years of undergrad. First year was out of state so I took out a small $3k loan and my mom took out an $11k loan (which I will help pay back when I get a job after finishing my MS). Second year we just paid out of pocket with the payment plan.

After I finally ended up in the electrical engineering department I ended up getting a free ride from the department and was living at home so there was no expense but books and stuff for the rest of my undergrad work.

Now that I'm in grad school I have a research assistantship that covers all of my tuition and pays me a stipend (which amounts to about $900/month after taxes, which covers rent, utilities, etc.).

Unfortunately, I had alot of car troubles this past year and some other unintended expenses, so my checking account is woafully low (relative to how much I'm used to having in there) - thankfully I'd already bought a Roth IRA in December, so at least I know $3k of my money went to something useful! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom