• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

how much would you pay for Final Fantasy 2, 3, Chrono Trigger, and Earthbound (SNES)?

I bought a Chrono Trigger cart off a kid in my high school for $20. Mind you, this was before the Playstation re-release and the cart alone was fetching $60 on eBay. I almost felt like I was stealking from him.

I bought FF 1 for about $15 a few years ago.

I got Earthbound for free in a buy 2 get one free used game deal. I wouldn't pay any more for that POS.

I don't pay a damn thing for carts only, unless only 3 copies of the game were made. I'm a serious collecter, my games are complete and in mint condition. Otherwise it's worthless to me.

Well, if I judge based on what I actually paid for those titles on release...

120 + 135 + 135 + 100

$480 CDN or roughly $360 USD at the time.

(Suffice to say, games were more expensive back then)

aparisi2274

dr_evil.jpg

1 BILLION GAZILLION CACHILLION FILLION ZILLION KLDSDFSJFHD)WJD DOLLARS

Well, I payed $40 for a CT cart, $55 for a complete FFIII, $45 for a FFII cart, and about two months ago I paid some guy $15 for both Earthbound and another copy of FFII with the manual.

BuddyC

wow, there's certainly an influx of inane posts tonight. not that i had anything to do with that...

*whistles*

I found a boxed Earthbound at a computer show while buying a new PC way back in....97? Yea, I paid $10.

FF3 Boxed and Secret of Mana at Planet X for 14 each

FF2 was lent to me by an old friend.....and I still gots it.

Chrono Trigger was bought for $25 at this small game store called Gameplay in Culver City.

Patience is where its at. Dont pay anything too outrageous.

Fifty

Ugh. This thread reminds me of the fact that I sold all of those games (save for FF2) for chump change. :(

Dyne

A factory-sealed boxed Chrono Trigger at my nearby store goes for $150 CAD. And for only $50 CAD less, they have they welfare version which is only the cartridge and it doesn't even have the label. Yes, $100 Canadian will get you that.

Funny, since I bought my Chrono Trigger boxed at the Flea Market for $40 CAD a few moons ago. BTW, FF3 goes for $60, cartridge only.

Fifty

Dyne said:
A factory-sealed boxed Chrono Trigger at my nearby store goes for $150 CAD. And for only $50 CAD less, they have they welfare version which is only the cartridge and it doesn't even have the label. Yes, $100 Canadian will get you that.

Funny, since I bought my Chrono Trigger boxed at the Flea Market for $40 CAD a few moons ago. BTW, FF3 goes for $60, cartridge only.

Wow, what's your local store to have new and used copies of Chrono Trigger?

AniHawk

USD only:

In 2000, I saw FFIV and FFVI for $100 combined, carts only. One was $40, the other was $60. I think FFIV was the more expensive one.

A couple months back, I found Secret of Mana for $30 and CT for $30, carts only.

are you talking about Final fantasy VI" FF III in usa"

if you are then i can tell you that i spent 40 USD for a NEW MINT condition for FFVI"III"
and FF II i got it for 90 bucks!

i own 2 copies of FF III one that i am using and one that i have not taken out if its box.

I have everything Buddy has + Chrono Trigger mint (box and instructions, nearly untouched over the years) AND a boxed Secret of Evermore mint. C'mon Square fanboys, cough up the cash! (Maybe I should ask around at GameFAQs?)

Mashing

Why don't you just wait for the GBA version of FF2?

Edit: unless you were asking how much someone else would pay (i.e. selling it)

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
DJ,

I'd be interested in some or all maybe, not Evermore though. PM me with a price range if you'd like... I'm in DC too, so we could do the transaction in person.

Top Bottom