• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How often do you change your avatar on GAF?

UnNamed

Banned
Oh I remember when I had an avatar and people kept asking me "who's the girl in your avatar".

I hate to not have an avatar. People are more recognizable with the same avatar.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Very rarely. It's gonna have to take something special for me to switch this bad boy out - must have had it for three years by now.

ssringo

8oOVOPj.gif

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
I put my avatar because it was needed for a hype train a few years ago. Didn't see the need to change it since. If the avatar bet about Starfield date was different I may had to change it for a Todd. But fortunately I choose wisely. So unless I loose one of those avatar bet threads that pop up sometimes I will keep it. Maybe I will change it when a new IP arrives on PS5 that gives me as much emotion as GOW did.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I've had my Avatar for a long time, my previous one was like this which is still my PSN avatar
lPYyeDH.jpg

Which was 2007 onwards...I don't actually remember what I had previously.....wait.
This one
mNFi3n1.jpg

And before that it was.
ZWg3tfv.jpg

There you go, 20 years of TGO's Avatar's

Last edited:

MultiCore

There was a while where you could use PHP to have it load a new image with every access. I did that until they blocked it. Was fun while it lasted.

Otherwise, this is only my second avatar in my account's history, I believe.

Puscifer

When I feel like it, my names a pun on bash (the shell scripting language for linux) and Ghost in the Shell, then I saw Ghost from COD:MWII reboot and just made him my avatar.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I came to gaf from the IGN boards back in the early 2000's. I have NEVER changed my avatar. Its mine, it'll forever be mine.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Once when they got rid of animated gifts and once when I lost the GoW bet.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
It's been a couple times. Think I'll keep the current one for 2 reasons: love and surprise.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I haven't changed mine in years. I honestly can't even remember when I switched from Tyrion to Jaqen H'ghar.

It just seemed to fit the "nobody" part of my name and by now I can't be bothered to change it.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I came to gaf from the IGN boards back in the early 2000's. I have NEVER changed my avatar. Its mine, it'll forever be mine.
I still don't know what giles from buffy with a piece of cheese on his head and a beyblade glove should represent.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Everytime I lose an avatar bet, I now have to wait until the release of starfield before I can change it back.

Top Bottom