• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Steve Jobs would have presented Wii U at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggs

Banned
If ever there was a case where tldr legitimately fits...jesus :lol

I did skim through it and I'll say you have some dedication OP. Those 2 posts are probably longer than all 12k of mine combined.

I really want to read it , but my body will not let me.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I just can't believe someone actually laid back and devoted mental synapses to develop this absolutely trivial fantastical scenario

Ledsen

what in the what in the what in the what in the what in the what in the what in the what
in the what in the what in the what in the what in the what in the what in the what
in the what in the what in the what in the what in the what in the what in the what

Now Trine 2 is not the only Director’s cut game that will come out on Wii U. We are very pleased to announce Ninja Gaiden 3, Batman AC and Mass Effect 3 Director Cuts editions will be available at launch. These are enhanced versions of the games some of you have played already. Most of you missed these though, and now is the perfect time to discover it on Wii U.

Assuming the audience are Wii-only users, just like marc^o^.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I don't really want to pile on with the laughing but i am genuinly curious what you expected to gain out of writing/posting this.
I think I like the amazing backfire that he thought that the actual content to show at the Wii U's underwhelming re-unveil was perfect, it was just the presentation that wasn't right and that by presenting it a la Jobs more people would lose their shit and jump aboard the "actually... Wii U is amazing!!!!" hype train.

Its the sort of deluded sense of subtlety that tastes the most ironic when avatar, post history, and everything combined tell a terrible tale that cannot be denied. I also wish ages were mandatorily listed underneath poster's avatars. I feel bad if we're ribbing a teenager but then become worried when its someone in their late twenties and beyond.

rdrr gnr

So, if this were a college paper, you'd be looking at about 4500 words or about 11 pages formatted (12 pt font, Times, double-spaced).

Is it bad that I couldn't imagine this coming from anyone but a Nintendo fan?

Don't let them hog the crazy, MS and Sony fans. Who wants to write some fan fiction of Kevin Butler announcing 1000 PSV exclusives or Allard returning to announce the Xbox 720?

Get to it.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Very good, OP. Now do another version where Krazy Ken introduces it for shits and giggles.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
"...and then Shigeru Miyamoto came out in a technicolor Nintendo edition silk kimono and began rubbing the WiiU pad against his genitals. The crowd murmured in surprised but no one dared speak up. A strange platform suddenly begins rising from the center of the stage where two bodies are slowly scissoring. The crowd lets out a gasp as they realize the two contorting bodies belong to Satoru Iwata and Reggie Fils-Aime."

Read the entire OP and it's sensible. Marc is still kinda scaring me though.

Current day Nintendo really makes it hard for their fans sometimes. I wonder if Snesfreak will snap now. <.<
He wouldn't have, he'd have scrapped it long ago.
Yeah, didn't Steve Jobs find his breathing mask too inelegant to wear? He probably would have been pissed off with the Wii gamepad alone.
You could've gotten a job, earned money and bought a new PC and/or non-Nintendo console in the amount of time it took you to write that up.
More or less what I did. :p

I forwarded this to Iwata and Reggie.

photo10hf8ar.jpg

reggie111hj1x.png

Ledsen

This is literally Steve Jobs' 2007 keynote for the iPhone with the Wii U replacing the word "iPhone". LOL

LOL

This is a day I&#8217;ve been looking forward to for two-and-a-half years.[0:26:28]

Every once in a while, a revolutionary product comes along that changes everything. And Apple has been &#8211; well, first of all, one&#8217;s very fortunate if you get to work on just one of these in your career.
Apple&#8217;s been very fortunate. It&#8217;s been able to introduce a few of these into the world.
In 1984, we introduced the Macintosh. It didn&#8217;t just change Apple, it changed the whole computer industry.[0:27:12]
In 2001, we introduced the first iPod, and&#8230; it didn&#8217;t just &#8211; it didn&#8217;t just change the way we all listen to music, it changed the entire music industry. [0:27:36]
Well, today, we&#8217;re introducing three revolutionary products of this class. [0:27:48]

The first one: is a widescreen iPod with touch controls. [0:27:59]
The second: is a revolutionary mobile phone. [0:28:13]
And the third is a breakthrough Internet communications device.[0:28:28]

So, three things: a widescreen iPod with touch controls; a revolutionary mobile phone; and a breakthrough Internet communications device. [0:28:44]
An iPod, a phone, and an Internet communicator. An iPod, a phone &#8230; are you getting it? [0:29:01]
These are not three separate devices, this is one device, and we are calling it iPhone. [0:29:19]
Today, today Apple is going to reinvent the phone, and here it is. [0:29:30]
No, actually here it is, but we&#8217;re gonna leave it there for now. [0:29:41]

dallow_bg

nods at old men
New low for the known fanboy OP.

This is like the guy we had who started the fake Layton blog thing and posted its updates here as if they were clues from Nintendo/Level 5 themselves.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Is it bad that I couldn't imagine this coming from anyone but a Nintendo fan?

Don't let them hog the crazy, MS and Sony fans. Who wants to write some fan fiction of Kevin Butler announcing 1000 PSV exclusives or Allard returning to announce the Xbox 720?

Get to it.

I think the proviso has to be its dead public speakers known for cultural revolution so you've got options like Hitler extolling the virtues of Wünderbook while Martin Luther King Jr would preps an audience for "the promised land of controller free gaming".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom