• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How to chat privately on Playstation multiplayer

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
My friend and I have been playing Ghost of Tsushima multiplayer lately and want to voice chat. However, we don't want to chat with random people. We just want to talk between the two of us. Is there a way to set that up? From what we can tell all chat audio is public.

Moogle11

Banned
My friend and I have been playing Ghost of Tsushima multiplayer lately and want to voice chat. However, we don't want to chat with random people. We just want to talk between the two of us. Is there a way to set that up? From what we can tell all chat audio is public.
Party chat. Make a party for the two of you (in the system dashboard, not within games) and set it to invite only.

Last edited:

Night.Ninja

Banned
I don't want to kink my neck to play. And speaker phone sucks.
8a1c22f2ce3aa96984ed6cb75cf51df8.jpg

Thats all you need

Irobot82

Nope. There are tools you can download to make it happen, but most of them are more trouble than they're worth.
I'm going to apologize upfront because I am ignorant. The last console I owned was a PS3, I've never even seen a PS4 or PS5 in person or their UI.

Wait. Consoles don't even have discord? What about Sony's friends list thing? Isn't there a direct chat for that? Steam has multiple chat features. They got to have something similiar.

JSoup

Banned
I'm going to apologize upfront because I am ignorant. The last console I owned was a PS3, I've never even seen a PS4 or PS5 in person or their UI.

Wait. Consoles don't even have discord? What about Sony's friends list thing? Isn't there a direct chat for that? Steam has multiple chat features. They got to have something similiar.

PS4 has a built in chat thing, but it's pretty rudimentary. And slow. And terrible.

Top Bottom