• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How To Destroy Egos At The Gym

Step 1 - Wear a Blue Work Outfit
Step 2 - Bring a Broom
Step 3 - 1 hand lift a barbell with a few extra plates in front of others while trolling.

Before ya'll say anything - no, these are NOT fake weights. If you watch carefully, the bar is also bending in the middle.

This individual is a well known professional powerlifter but NOT a bodybuilder. His name is Anatoly. Runs a YT channel as well.

Powerlifters train for pure strength
Bodybuilders train for muscle mass/asthetics

Last edited:

H4ze

Damn, dude is good at hiding his strength. Imagine pissing him off, thinking you could handle him and he just smacks you back into your mothers womb.. through time

Cyberpunkd

Powerlifters train for pure strength
Bodybuilders train for muscle mass/asthetics
Your point being? Because both will gas out after running a few KM when a wimpy dude will sprint past them doing below 4min/km across a marathon (42km).

You need strength for what? That one time you got to lift your car from a snow pile? Or maybe to carry a grandma across the street?

Bodybuilders are at least honest - they want to look good in the mirror and smash. I don't know wtf powerlifters are training for.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Your point being? Because both will gas out after running a few KM when a wimpy dude will sprint past them doing below 4min/km across a marathon (42km).

You need strength for what? That one time you got to lift your car from a snow pile? Or maybe to carry a grandma across the street?

Bodybuilders are at least honest - they want to look good in the mirror and smash. I don't know wtf powerlifters are training for.
So they can bring all shopping in with only one trip.

RaduN

I mean, respect for the guy's strength an all, but where in this clip is the "ego" you speak of?
While it is clearly staged, the two big guys show nothing but respect for the guy.

Also that bar is not an olympic one, and the overall weight is much less than it seems at first glance.

Cyberpunkd

So they can bring all shopping in with only one trip.
You don't order your groceries online for at the door delivery?

winning independence day GIF by IFC

RaduN

Damn, dude is good at hiding his strength. Imagine pissing him off, thinking you could handle him and he just smacks you back into your mothers womb.. through time
Extreme muscle size have little to do with one's ability to fight. I'd say it's a hindrance more than an advantage.
Any of those 3 guys will probably die of a heart attack after 2 or 3 swings.

H4ze

Extreme muscle size have little to do with one's ability to fight. I'd say it's a hindrance more than an advantage.
Of course you are right about that, I was just joking around. The other dudes would be way too slow in a real fight.

GymWolf

Some lines of work require strenght on a daily bases.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

You need strength for when you need to do something that requires it. Strength builds many things as a side effect. You gain endurance, discipline, determination and health all by building strength. I don't lift for a look, I lift for my health. When I started in my 20s it fundamentally changed the muscle mass in my body for the better. I don't think everyone has to lift or workout, but it is good for you to do some form of exercise.

Broom guy lifting the weight is great.

Toots

Gold Member
Fundamental masculinity
You don't get it. He pays someone to bring him groceries at the door, someone to tuck him in bed at night, and someone to pleasure his wife when she's craving that fundamental masculine dick he doesn't seem to have. He doesn't need one ounce of that toxic testosterone you seems to be oozing with you masculinist fetish, or any muscle for that matter.
And if there's no one to pay to do all those things, he'll just make himself some gym bro's bitch, because he's smart (that is what the checkers gif was signaling subtly). You can work to better yourself physically and be autonomous all you want. What is the point when you can pay someone to act as your parents ?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
You don't get it. He pays someone to bring him groceries at the door, someone to tuck him in bed at night, and someone to pleasure his wife when she's craving that fundamental masculine dick he doesn't seem to have. He doesn't need one ounce of that toxic testosterone you seems to be oozing with you masculinist fetish, or any muscle for that matter.
And if there's no one to pay to do all those things, he'll just make himself some gym bro's bitch, because he's smart (that is what the checkers gif was signaling subtly). You can work to better yourself physically and be autonomous all you want. What is the point when you can pay someone to act as your parents ?

Raven117

Huh? I mean, a powerlifter could say the same thing about a marathon runner. The extremes of either sport are beyond "fitness." Being overall stronger increases bone density, less risk of injury on day to day activities, starves off muscle degeneration as one gets older...lots of benefits. Running especially super long distances, can really tear your body up.

Like everything...moderation for overall athletic performance is a good place to be. Train for strength 3x a week. Run (or some other cardio) 2 days a week. 2 full off days...Eat enough to keep everything fueled properly...and you are going to look and feel awesome.

There is a reason that weight classes exist. That dude connects with one of those 2 or 3 swings...its going to be bad news. BJJ or whatever has its limits. Especially in a fight out in the open where anything can happen. Don't be silly.

This was very funny. That dude obviously is a genetic freak. Most guys moving that kind of weight have to be bigger to do so. (Most powerlifters are also pretty big).

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Got a young lad at work who goes to the gym, told me the funniest shit.
He thinks I'm stronger then him because of.....DAD strength.
What the fuck 😂

Last edited:

poodaddy

I have never seen anyone peddle more nonsense about fitness on this forum than you. You're clearly a runner, and good for you man, there's nothing fundamentally wrong with you loving running, but you're petty little childish jabs at those who train for strength is getting so tiring and pointless.

Here, let's do it like this then. I'm gonna make it simple, so as to facilitate your understanding. Nothing retards the aging process more than resistance training, and that's hard science my man, not some magazine bullshit, and not some YouTube cult of personality nonsense; that's a fact, backed by collegiate education and nearly a century of peer reviewed research by kinesiologists around the globe. People training for strength, yeah.... sorry to be the one to inform your petty ass of this; they're healthier than you.

Here's another fun fact, resistance training at higher to moderate intensity levels trains the same energy pathways, ATP and glycolytic, as sprints and fast runs. What else does that mean? Well..... weightlifters are faster than you too, and we already know they're stronger.

Got another fun one for you, and this one's just based on quality of life. Increasing muscle mass increases one's basal metabolic rate, or BMR, which is the calories your body burns just maintaining life, breathing, maintaining homeostasis, sleeping, etc. So what's that mean? Well....strong folks get to enjoy more great food without pinching their hips in the mirror like you undoubtedly do before choosing which tight "small" t shirt to wear when you head to the mall.

So you can do what.....run longer? Good for you man, but I think any human can fundamentally see how retarding the aging process, being stronger, being faster, and just being able to enjoy life more is fundamentally more useful than just....going a longer distance.

Allow me to be extra clear here, I do cardio. I love weight lifting, I hate running, but I do cardio. I do it for heart health man, hell, I think most moderately intelligent lifters realize they need to do some form of cardio to maintain heart health, that's a given. It's also a given that a balanced approach to training is always the healthiest attitude to adopt, and your ridiculous attitude towards strength training, and your constant, insecure need to assert the superiority of long distance running in every topic you can while having the audacity to tear down other training modalities that have proven, FOR YEARS, to have far less correlation to overuse syndrome, joint damage, and bone density loss than long form training, is nothing short of absolutely pathetic.

In summary: Grow the fuck up little one, and stop tearing others down to lift yourself up, it only further proves how small you truly are.

Chronicle

Most of those big muscled dudes are short manlets with most likely small wee wees. You destroy egos by just going.

GymWolf

Sadly this is true
Nothing of what that subhuman says is true.

Being fucked because women like your car and not because they actually desire you it's not something i would brag about...especially when he feel the need to bring down people who train.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

I have never seen anyone peddle more nonsense about fitness on this forum than you. You're clearly a runner, and good for you man, there's nothing fundamentally wrong with you loving running, but you're petty little childish jabs at those who train for strength is getting so tiring and pointless.

Here, let's do it like this then. I'm gonna make it simple, so as to facilitate your understanding. Nothing retards the aging process more than resistance training, and that's hard science my man, not some magazine bullshit, and not some YouTube cult of personality nonsense; that's a fact, backed by collegiate education and nearly a century of peer reviewed research by kinesiologists around the globe. People training for strength, yeah.... sorry to be the one to inform your petty ass of this; they're healthier than you.

Here's another fun fact, resistance training at higher to moderate intensity levels trains the same energy pathways, ATP and glycolytic, as sprints and fast runs. What else does that mean? Well..... weightlifters are faster than you too, and we already know they're stronger.

Got another fun one for you, and this one's just based on quality of life. Increasing muscle mass increases one's basal metabolic rate, or BMR, which is the calories your body burns just maintaining life, breathing, maintaining homeostasis, sleeping, etc. So what's that mean? Well....strong folks get to enjoy more great food without pinching their hips in the mirror like you undoubtedly do before choosing which tight "small" t shirt to wear when you head to the mall.

So you can do what.....run longer? Good for you man, but I think any human can fundamentally see how retarding the aging process, being stronger, being faster, and just being able to enjoy life more is fundamentally more useful than just....going a longer distance.

Allow me to be extra clear here, I do cardio. I love weight lifting, I hate running, but I do cardio. I do it for heart health man, hell, I think most moderately intelligent lifters realize they need to do some form of cardio to maintain heart health, that's a given. It's also a given that a balanced approach to training is always the healthiest attitude to adopt, and your ridiculous attitude towards strength training, and your constant, insecure need to assert the superiority of long distance running in every topic you can while having the audacity to tear down other training modalities that have proven, FOR YEARS, to have far less correlation to overuse syndrome, joint damage, and bone density loss than long form training, is nothing short of absolutely pathetic.

In summary: Grow the fuck up little one, and stop tearing others down to lift yourself up, it only further proves how small you truly are.
If you react like this to my playful jab at the beginning - bruh, sort your issues in RL, not online.

Bragr

Banned
I am a bit surprised you guys think this is cool.

Some corny social media guy, hiding the camera behind some weights, making corny show-off videos so he can get views on tiktok.

Cringe.

nkarafo

I work with a moving company, i lift and carry a lot of heavy shit, i wish i had the strength of a powerlifter to make my job easier.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Nothing of what that subhuman says is true.

Being fucked because women like your car and not because they actually desire you it's not something i would brag about...especially when he feel the need to bring down people who train.
Oh I agree, and the women who do choose their men like that aren't worth your time.
It's still sad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom