• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How to fix Star Wars by Ben Shapiro

royox

Just because the new lead is a woman and it rustles some jimmies

THis trilogy is not bad because of Rey, the trilogy is bad because they can't even keep together the 2 movies they released and are not solving any sublot that's being open.

Still trying to figure out how Rey wields Anakin Skywalker's lightsaber in the EpIX trailer after it being destroyed in TLJ.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
it's crazy that they undid almost everything from the last movie just in the first teaser trailer alone! at this point it feels like what the ST has done to the OT, rewriting history and stuff, it's doing to itself. it's self cannibalizing.

lighstaber is broken! - ah, wait a minute, it's back
Kylo's mask is broken! - well now he's literally putting it back together
Kill the Past! - let's title the next movie Rise of the Skywalker

it's a big reason i'm skipping the next film. whatever "grand developments" occur can be instantly swept away in the next film. just as easily as the destruction of Starkiller Base having zero impact.

these films have no integrity. not even internal integrity.

gatti-man

THis trilogy is not bad because of Rey, the trilogy is bad because they can't even keep together the 2 movies they released and are not solving any sublot that's being open.

Still trying to figure out how Rey wields Anakin Skywalker's lightsaber in the EpIX trailer after it being destroyed in TLJ.
Wasn’t it just torn in half? Lightsabers aren’t some complicated thing. It shows like building one in a cave in a cut scene from the OT.

You may not think the trilogy is bad bc of Rey but plenty of the people that don’t like the new stuff do. I’d agree the trilogy isn’t cohesive at all.

royox

but plenty of the people that don’t like the new stuff do

But of course. What I meant is that I don't dislike the new trilogy because Rey is a woman, one of the reasons i dislike it is because till this point Rey is a perfect mari sue that excels at everything. Can Fly the Millenium falcon better than Han+Chewie....THE FIRST TIME SHE FLEW IT!! Can use Force Mindtrick like fucking Obi Wan Kenobi, can use Force Pull to atract a lightsaber from meters away, has a draw in a freaking Force Pull duel against Kylo Ren, a Skywalker trained by LUKE....all that without any Jedi Training, (that we know, my theory is that she was trained and lost her memory but still....). Of course everybody hates her.

I don't mind Rey beating Kylo on epVII, it was very obvious why he lost (got shot by the fucking bowcaster, lost blood, spirit broken because he killed his dad minutes ago....).

pel1300

Disney Star Wars since December 2015 has managed to gross around 4.7 billion world wide at the box office....spanning a 2.5 to 3 year period.

MCU in 2019 alone grossed over Disney SW's entire run so far: over 5 billion world wide at the box office!!!

Pick any two year period from the MCU from phase 3 (2015 to 2019) and it beats that Disney SW 4.7 billion total.

No wonder the MCU triggers hardcore SW defenders so much

nikolino840

We are only a few years away from remakes anyways.

Reboot/Remake the OT, gender swapped of course.

Black female Lukina meets Female Hana Solo on a trip to save Prince Lars from the evil Darth Vader. Twist is of course Lukina I am your mother, by inveterofertilization of course since Darth V (for Vagina) had a Lesbian lover Padme.

Come on Disney I dare you I double dare you.
I Hope
I like female Power on movies

Top Bottom