• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How to get PS Plus Collection?

Finally getting a PS5 and will probably get the middle or top tier Plus subscription.
I was reading, can't remember where, about licensing problems with getting the PS Plus Collection of games (while still available) and making sure it is "purchased" through the basic PS Plus account so that if the middle or top tier is stopped you still have access.
Has anyone come across this and how do I do it?

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Finally getting a PS5 and will probably get the middle or top tier Plus subscription.
I was reading, can't remember where, about licensing problems with getting the PS Plus Collection of games (while still available) and making sure it is "purchased" through the basic PS Plus account so that if the middle or top tier is stopped you still have access.
Has anyone come across this and how do I do it?

You should just be able to pull up the Plus Collection and claim all the games.

They will be treated like the monthly games from the basic Plus. Add them all to your library.
Thanks, that's what I thought, but whatever I read indicated if I joined PS Plus Extra, for example, claimed them, but later dropped down to Essentials then I would lose them as Sony's licencing system was screwed

Thanks, that's what I thought, but whatever I read indicated if I joined PS Plus Extra, for example, claimed them, but later dropped down to Essentials then I would lose them as Sony's licencing system was screwed
Never heard of that. These games all just need essential.

Claim them soon, as they are going away. But, once you claim them, you have access for as long as you are subscribed to any tier of PS+ and even if you cancel and later resubscribe.

Top Bottom