• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How will Joanna Dark look in the new Perfect Dark?

Unk Adams

Banned
Past games:
396184-ff8016b2-3267-11e4-b9e7-d00f86afd90e.jpg

perfect-dark-64-original-button-1599255163622.jpg

latest

Will they continue with this style, where she is in healthy shape, stylish, and attractive but not sexualized? Or will they make her unrealistically ugly, non-feminine, and just generally unlikable in the new version as is the trend with western games over the past few years?

Last edited:

Fredrik

I’d say that it depends how much they’re outsourcing to Crystal Dynamics, they can craft some mighty fine ladies. But unless they change direction it’s a first person shooter so it’s not really important, we’ll see her hands I guess.

RCU005

I just want the game to be good. I want this to be a game to get the Series X for.

Regarding her appearance, I would like it if they went for a Lara Croft reboot look. More realistic and simple.

I don't really like the short hair (Karen-like), but if everything else make sense design-wise, it should be ok.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Based on what we've seen she's been turned into a Karen, unfortunately.

613003-Perfect-Dark-Xbox-1536x653.jpg

E2rBcjhXwAMuZ3h.jpg

Never liked her with red hair....the flipped over to the side look that's trendy I'm not a fan of

Wish they would go back to the roots.

New-Perfect-Dark-2020-Agent-Joanna-Dark-Jacket-New-Perfect-Dark-Jacket.jpg
In the N64 version she had super short hair too and didn’t look particularly sexy. Then they gave her a makeover in the XBLA version:

KnRrL6y.jpg

I think they will go for a more mature look than PDZ or the XBLA version since it’s also trendy to make characters less feminine.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Rack Bauer with short hair.
Rather like every "tough" girl on TV these days.

The concept art has her in the same clothing with the obvious shorter hair.
Less work animating it....though a physics powered pony tail would be legit and still "tough"

Renee-Walker-24-Season-8-episode-10.jpg

Annie-Wersching-24-season-8.jpg

mac.jpeg

Fredrik

Andrew Robertson Ok GIF by Liverpool FC

Too bad it’s first person though. Missed opportunity for sure imo, the IP was dead anyway, could’ve restarted it as a third person game, she’s a cool character but we’ll just see a gun and hands, maybe arms when reloading 😕

Kuranghi

Watch, she's gonna get hit with the woke bat like Lara Croft and she's gonna have a fucking butter face.
MNBslEP.png

Ugly as fuck.

The right hand side picture reminds me of this:

_95390528_ronaldobust.jpg

Anything but sexy, apparently.

Otherwise journos will give bad reviews and type angry words on twitter.
Scary.

The only way to be safe is to make her features exactly like your avatar.

WmWlA8m.jpg

Last edited:

Matsuchezz

I hope they create a good story, great voice actress gets behind the character, because Idk who the fuck will voice her. The single player game needs to be fucking amazing. I am not confident on Crystal Dynamics. So I will wait and see on this game. I hope they are back on the Alien plot. Idk the plot on PDZ, i expect she is not a red head again, because young redhead Joanna Dark looks stupid.

Last edited:

Cattlyst

I wonder if they'll do cool meta shit like with the first game having actual websites for the Carrington Institute and stuff like that...

Oh who am I kidding. I can already see the Polygon articles about how Joanna Dark is kicking men's asses and gamer chuds are angry. Zzzz.

Top Bottom