• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How's your Current Gen collection coming along?

This generations still in it's early years but i'm interested in seeing what i've missed out on. I personally only want to get Hyrule Warriors, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse and Sunset Overdrive at this point. Here's why I got so far:

UuFhKUe.jpg

(Pretty proud of the Bayonetta 2 First Print Edition)

Just to clarify current gen is Wii U, PS4 and Xbox One. 3DS and Vita are also accepted :) You can include your digital games if you like but I prefer seeing nice pics ;D

Here's a few of my digital titles:

Wii U: Pullblox World, Wii Fit U, Nano Assault Neo, Pokemon Rumble U, Mighty Switch Force, NES Remix, NES Remix 2, Child of Light, Runner 2, Art of Balance, Wii Sports Club, RUSH, TANK TANK TANK!!, Trine 2, Zen Pinball 2, Scram Kitty
Xbox One: Ori and the Blind Forest and various Games with Gold Titles
PS4: Resogun

Edit: my 3DS titles (personally don't own a Vita)

OCD Guy

Don't have a ps4 collection to show as I'm all digital, but here's my Wii U collection. I've got a few more games to get before they go out of print though. Nintendo games seem to go up in value over time, as opposed to playstation and xbox games that get cheaper as time goes on.

I'm quite proud of my Wii U collection, I'd say I've got most of the best games (game & wario doesn't count obviously lol). Infact if anyone thinks I'm missing anything let me know. I want to pick up monster hunter and hyrule warrios too.

image.jpg

From games i have either bought, got through cross-buy or from PS+ i have over 70 games for my PS4 now which at this point in its life cycle is more than any other console i have had before, except maybe C64 but you used to get games for free with magazines so that doesn't count :)

Don't have a ps4 collection to show as I'm all digital, but here's my Wii U collection. I've got a few more games to get before they go out of print though. Nintendo games seem to go up in value over time, as opposed to playstation and xbox games that get cheaper as time goes on.

I'm quite proud of my Wii U collection, I'd say I've got most of the best games (game & wario doesn't count obviously lol). Infact if anyone thinks I'm missing anything let me know. I want to pick up monster hunter and hyrule warrios too.

image.jpg

I actually forgot about Lego City, is it still worth getting or was it just hyped due to the Wii U drought at that time?

Stanng243

Mine's pretty disgusting. My ps4 is my main next gen console, and I've got around 20 disc based games. A lot more digitally. I've got one Xbox one game without the console. I've never set up my 2 wii U's, but i have around 5 games for them.

All on PS4:

Bloodborne (disc)
Driveclub (disc)
Infamous: Second Son (disc)
Infamous: First Light (PS+ freebie)
Metro Redux (disc)
Sleeping Dogs: DE (digital)
Tomb Raider: DE (digital)
Destiny (disc)
Shovel Knight (digital)
Titan Souls (digital)
Peggle 2 (digital)
Axiom Verge (digital)
Helldivers (digital)
Apotheon (PS+ freebie)
Never Alone (digital)
Alien Isolation (disc)
The Order: 1886 (disc)
Lara Croft & The Temple of Osiris (digital)
Resogun (PS+ freebie)
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (PSX freebie)
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty (digital)
Ether One (PS+ freebie)
Guacamelee: STCE (digital)
Trine (digital)
Trine 2 (PS+ freebie)
The Last of Us Remastered (digital)
Strider (digital)
Valiant Hearts (digital)

This is not a complete list, and I've left off some games like Don't Starve, Spelunky and Hotline Miami which I mostly play on my Vita.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Got about 23 WiiU games (including the two digital versions I have of MH3 and W101), that covers basically all released WiiU games I want. I don't own any of the other consoles that the OP counted as "current gen".

You're missing Nintendo Land!

OCD Guy

I actually forgot about Lego City, is it still worth getting or was it just hyped due to the Wii U drought at that time?

I actually normally hate Lego games so the fact I think Lego City is worth playing is hig praise.

It's really good, and the graphics are actually nice in places.

Depending where you're based though Lego City is getting difficult to buy brand new (I'm ocd and only buy sealed games lol)

OCD Guy

You're missing Nintendo Land!

You're right, forgot about that. I had it bundled in when I bought a Wii U on launch (that I foolishly sold) and had good fun playing multiplayer.

I got this Wii U with Mario and Luigi (Wish I had a seperate copy of Luigi though :()

You're right, forgot about that. I had it bundled in when I bought a Wii U on launch (that I foolishly sold) and had good fun playing multiplayer.

I got this Wii U with Mario and Luigi (Wish I had a seperate copy of Luigi though :()

You might have noticed my regular NSMB U doesn't have the PAL rating, it's because it's an empty box as I couldn't find a physical version at launch and resorted to downloading it :eek:

PC:
Witcher 3
pilalrs of eternity
divinity:eek:riginal sin
diablo 3
Civilization beyond earth
elite:dangerous
alien:isolation
wolfstein the new order
wasteland 2

Xbox one:
Sunset overdirve
MCC

Wiiu:
Tropical freeze
Super mario 3d world
NSMBU+NSLU
toad treasure tracker
mario kart 8
pikmin 3
WWHD

My current X1 list is as follows :-

Alien Isolation (disc)
Angry Birds Star Wars (disc)
Assassins Creed Unity (disc)
Battlefield Hardline (disc)
Borderlands The Handsome Collection (disc)
Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare (disc)
Dark Souls 2 Scholar Of The First Sin (disc)
Dead Rising 3 (disc)
Destiny (disc)
Diablo 3 Reaper Of Souls (disc)
DMC Definitive Edition (disc)
Dragon Age Inquisition (disc)
Far Cry 4 (disc)
Grand Theft Auto 5 (disc)
Halo The Master Chief Collection (disc)
Lego Batman 3 (disc)
Lego The Hobbit (disc)
Lords Of The Fallen (disc)
Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes (disc)
Metro Redux (disc)
Middle Earth Shadow Of Mordor (disc)
Minecraft Xbox One Edition (disc)
Mortal Kombat X (disc)
Murdered Soul Suspect (disc)
Ryse Son Of Rome (disc)
Saints Row 4 Re-Elected (disc)
Shadow Warrior (disc)
Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition (disc)
The Crew (disc)
The Evil Within (disc)
The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt (disc)
Thief (disc)
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition (disc)
Watchdogs (disc)
Wolfenstein The New Order (disc)
Zombie Army Trilogy (disc)
Zoo Tycoon (disc)
Another World (digital)
Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag (digital)
Assassins Creed Chronicles China (digital)
Battlefield 4 (digital)
Castlestorm (digital)
Child Of Light (digital)
Costume Quest 2 (digital)
D4 (digital)
Dying Light (digital)
EA Sports UFC (digital)
FIFA 14 (digital)
FIFA 15 (digital)
Game Of Thrones Season One (digital)
Guacamelee (digital)
Halo Spartan Assault (digital)
Idarb (digital)
Killer Instinct (digital)
Lara Croft And The Temple Of Osiris (digital)
Lego Marvel Super Heroes (digital)
Lego Movie (digital)
Life Is Strange Season One (digital)
Madden NFL 15 (digital)
Madden NFL 25 (digital)
Max And The Curse Of Brotherhood (digital)
NBA Live 15 (digital)
Need For Speed Rivals (digital)
NHL 15 (digital)
Ori And The Blind Forest (digital)
Outlast (digital)
Peggle 2 (digital)
Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare (digital)
Pool Nation FX (digital)
Rayman Legends (digital)
Resident Evil (digital)
Resident Evil Revelations 2 (digital)
Riptide GP 2 (digital)
Shovel Knight (digital)
Slender The Arrival (digital)
State Of Decay (digital)
Stealth Inc 2 A Game Of Clones (digital)
Stick It To The Man (digital)
Strider (digital)
Sunset Overdrive (digital)
Tales From The Borderlands (digital)
Terraria (digital)
Tetris Ultimate (digital)
The Escapists (digital)
The Walking Dead Season One (digital)
The Walking Dead Season Two (digital)
The Wolf Among Us (digital)
Threes (digital)
Valiant Hearts (digital)
Volgarr The Viking (digital)
Worms Battlegrounds (digital)

37 discs
54 digital
Total 91

Yeah, I buy too many games...

OCD Guy

You might have noticed my regular NSMB U doesn't have the PAL rating, it's because it's an empty box as I couldn't find a physical version at launch and resorted to downloading it :eek:

That's cheating lol.

Seriously though I've tried sourcing one and the prices are ridiculous for that game, and it's very hard to find.

NIntendo games seem to go out of print really quickly.

Is there info out there as to what the rarest wii u games are? I'd like to buy a few rare ones before they a) get impossible to buy new and b) go up in value

I noticed Windwaker was hard to find and that even went up in price. Managed to pick up Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3 on clearance for cheap and they're both quite hard to find.

mantis23

Currently at:

PS4 - 35 games
Wii U - 29 games
Xbox One - 7 games

Been a pretty fun generation so far. So many great games.

PS4:
Far Cry 4
Fifa 15
Bloodborne
Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes
Final Fantasy 14 ARR
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

All the ps+ games since december

WiiU:
Wind Waker HD
Mario Kart 8
SSB4
NSMBU

I should add in 3ds and Vita now.
not gonna name all my vita ones
Vita: 16
N3DS: 2

no nice pics on the bus :/
Edit: but you can have this pic of my copy of bloodborne with a Sackboy Hunter.
B0MzVjk.jpg

Auctopus

Very well.

TLOU: Remastered
Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
Driveclub
Bloodborne
The Witcher III: The Wild Hunt

Pretty much flawless to me, not to mention I'm packing several great indies digitaly.

phanphare

Banned
my Wii U collection is quite nice, I think I've got like 25 physical games, a few downloadable retail games, and then some eshop games.

SerTapTap

Wow, yours is larger. I've got about a dozen or so wii u games, one Xbox One game (and no Xbox One), around a dozen PS4 games as well if we're only talking physical. I won't count off the top of my head since I'm sure I'll miss something, I'm pretty sure I have slightly more Wii U games but they're pretty close.

I think I'm at nearly 100 PS4 games if you include digital and PS+ though...sadly I know this because PS+ storage is too small for 100 of PS4's absolutely large save files *grumble*

Magnus

PS4 and Wii U owner here, and PC/iOS player as well. Four things have surprised me so far that I wouldn't have guessed about myself 3 years ago:

1. My console collection (PS4/PS3 especially) is far heavier on Digital than I would have thought. Part of this is due to Plus, part is due to only-digital being available for some games, and part is due to the crazy sales lately that seem more reminiscent of Steam sales. Like, Demon's Souls and Mass Effect and other games getting around the $5 impulse buy mark. And games like USF4 on PS4 only arriving on digital later this month.

2. My Wii U collection is bigger than what I have on the PS4 and PC (counting releases from 2012 onward). Color me surprised.

3. The majority of my game-time the last two years has been spent on my PC/iOS, with gems like Hearthstone, Sorcery!, and Catan, and the latest WoW expansion. Part of this is due to getting my 5S and my Air 2 over the last year and a half, and part is due to moving in my with boy and gaining access to his powerful HTPC setup. Again, wouldn't have imagined this change in my gaming behaviour. I've also found I love curling up on the patio or in the living room with my phone/tablet. Again, surprised me.

4. Final surprise; by this point in a new generation, I usually have all the major consoles and handhelds. This time, I don't, for the first time since about 1997. That might be because of the advent of more platforms (smartphones, tablets, etc.), and it might be because the libraries seem more similar than ever between the two lead competitors (PS4/XB1), causing me to not feel the need for an XB1, yet. I also have a 3DS XL, and am generally happy with it and some cool games on there, but again, most of my portable time is on iOS and iPad. I crave being online, playing addictive stuff like Hearthstone, and the higher quality screens.

Anyway. Just my observations on where I'm at with my 'collection' two years or so into this gen. Lots of surprises.

The collection right now (with regards to current-gen consoles):

PS4: TLOU Remastered, Bloodborne, FFX/X-2 HD Remaster - and digitally, all the Plus games since launch (except one month where I spaced out and forgot to DL stuff), as well as Plants vs Zombies 2 via that awesome EA online giveaway during one of the big trade shows. (They also had an NFS Vita game and Mirror's Edge PS3 up for free that weekend).

Wii U: Super Mario 3D World, The Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros Wii U - and I'm kicking myself for trading away DKC Tropical Freeze. I have to get that back. Ditto for Wind Waker HD, but I landed a good chunk of change for it and wasn't playing it. I'll get it back one day. And digitally, NSMBU, via the Mario Kart promotion, as well as a couple VC games. They have a LONG way to go to amping up the VC on Wii U, though.

Mines pretty decent honestly. Im surprised that I have as many digital copies of games as I do on my PS4. I bought the Witcher digitally because I know the extended value of the game, and I know its going to take me forever to beat it haha. Ill only be buying Batman next month on PS4, then I won't spend another penny until MGS5(getting that digitally) and Halo 5( digital for me too) comes out.

Fairly underwhelming. I mainly just been playing on my PC this gen.

XB1:

MCC
Destiny
Sunset Overdrive

WiiU:

Bayonetta 2
MK 8
Wind Waker
Hyrule Warriors
Kirby
Captain Toad
Super Mario Bros and 3D World
Smash Bros
Pikmin 3

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
PS4

All PS+ games since December '13.

Games I've bought:

Killzone
Battlefield 4
Watch Dogs
Bloodborne
Diablo 3: UEE
The Last of Us
GTA V
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Driveclub
Tomb Raider
Destiny
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Fifa 15
Infamous: Second Son

That's cheating lol.

Seriously though I've tried sourcing one and the prices are ridiculous for that game, and it's very hard to find.

NIntendo games seem to go out of print really quickly.

Is there info out there as to what the rarest wii u games are? I'd like to buy a few rare ones before they a) get impossible to buy new and b) go up in value

I noticed Windwaker was hard to find and that even went up in price. Managed to pick up Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3 on clearance for cheap and they're both quite hard to find.

I imagine Rodea the Sky Soldier will become very rare

Zalman

I might take a picture in a few days, but as of right now I think I have 19 Wii U games. I'm planning to buy a PS4 this year to add to the collection.

VanWinkle

My current X1 list is as follows :-

Alien Isolation (disc)
Angry Birds Star Wars (disc)
Assassins Creed Unity (disc)
Battlefield Hardline (disc)
Borderlands The Handsome Collection (disc)
Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare (disc)
Dark Souls 2 Scholar Of The First Sin (disc)
Dead Rising 3 (disc)
Destiny (disc)
Diablo 3 Reaper Of Souls (disc)
DMC Definitive Edition (disc)
Dragon Age Inquisition (disc)
Far Cry 4 (disc)
Grand Theft Auto 5 (disc)
Halo The Master Chief Collection (disc)
Lego Batman 3 (disc)
Lego The Hobbit (disc)
Lords Of The Fallen (disc)
Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes (disc)
Metro Redux (disc)
Middle Earth Shadow Of Mordor (disc)
Minecraft Xbox One Edition (disc)
Mortal Kombat X (disc)
Murdered Soul Suspect (disc)
Ryse Son Of Rome (disc)
Saints Row 4 Re-Elected (disc)
Shadow Warrior (disc)
Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition (disc)
The Crew (disc)
The Evil Within (disc)
The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt (disc)
Thief (disc)
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition (disc)
Watchdogs (disc)
Wolfenstein The New Order (disc)
Zombie Army Trilogy (disc)
Zoo Tycoon (disc)
Another World (digital)
Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag (digital)
Assassins Creed Chronicles China (digital)
Battlefield 4 (digital)
Castlestorm (digital)
Child Of Light (digital)
Costume Quest 2 (digital)
D4 (digital)
Dying Light (digital)
EA Sports UFC (digital)
FIFA 14 (digital)
FIFA 15 (digital)
Game Of Thrones Season One (digital)
Guacamelee (digital)
Halo Spartan Assault (digital)
Idarb (digital)
Killer Instinct (digital)
Lara Croft And The Temple Of Osiris (digital)
Lego Marvel Super Heroes (digital)
Lego Movie (digital)
Life Is Strange Season One (digital)
Madden NFL 15 (digital)
Madden NFL 25 (digital)
Max And The Curse Of Brotherhood (digital)
NBA Live 15 (digital)
Need For Speed Rivals (digital)
NHL 15 (digital)
Ori And The Blind Forest (digital)
Outlast (digital)
Peggle 2 (digital)
Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare (digital)
Pool Nation FX (digital)
Rayman Legends (digital)
Resident Evil (digital)
Resident Evil Revelations 2 (digital)
Riptide GP 2 (digital)
Shovel Knight (digital)
Slender The Arrival (digital)
State Of Decay (digital)
Stealth Inc 2 A Game Of Clones (digital)
Stick It To The Man (digital)
Strider (digital)
Sunset Overdrive (digital)
Tales From The Borderlands (digital)
Terraria (digital)
Tetris Ultimate (digital)
The Escapists (digital)
The Walking Dead Season One (digital)
The Walking Dead Season Two (digital)
The Wolf Among Us (digital)
Threes (digital)
Valiant Hearts (digital)
Volgarr The Viking (digital)
Worms Battlegrounds (digital)

37 discs
54 digital
Total 91

Yeah, I buy too many games...

How much hard drive space are those taking up? Gotta be a couple of terabytes or more.

Atlas157

It's mediocre, there's so many games I want to buy but I can't due to financial problems.

bRYUqV7.jpg

Not pictured because digital: Gravity Rush, Wipeout 2048, Wind Waker HD, Pokemon X, InFAMOUS First Light, Flower PS4.

PS4:

• inFamous: Second Sond
  • Alien Isolation
  • The Evil Within
  • Destiny (Digital)
  • Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor
  • Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
  • The Order 1886
  • Bloodborne
  • Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition

XBO

• Titanfall (Digital)
  • Forza Motorsport 5
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • Dead Rising 3

Wii U
  • ZombiU
  • Nintendoland
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Pikmin 3
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • New Super Mario Bros U

There's also quite a few digital games, but the majority of those are on PS4 through PS+. Also had Killzone Shadowfall, but I sold it when the mp started suffering.

ryseing

LkU5kxN.jpg

Physical games. I'm a sucker for steelbooks. They're on my bed because I normally keep them in a drawer where it's hard to make out what they are.

I also have way too much digital stuff, including Game of Thrones, DriveClub, Life is Strange, FIFA (bought during the World Cup), Shadow of Mordor, all the Plus games since launch, and stuff I'm forgetting.

Definitely my largest collection for this early in a generation. Most of that has to do with game sales becoming more frequent and a bit more expendable income. I need to get a new hard drive though- I have less than half of these installed (mainly because TLoU Remastered is over 50 GB and I still play the MP)

Not buying any more physical games until Journey CE PS4/Mad Max. The summer drought is gonna SUCK. Hopefully Witcher keeps me occupied.

Galdius

I don't have a pic right now but I remember the numbers (everything is physical):

Xbox One - 4 games
PS 4 - 18 games
WiiU - 31 games
Vita - 124 games
3DS - 44 games

There are a few games that I still want for the PS4 that have already been released and some for the WiiU. The Xbone doesn't have anything that I still want with maybe the exception of Killer Instinct.

Physical:

Wii U - 10 games
PS4 - 11 games
Vita - 113 games
3DS - 9 games (recently sold off my entire PAL 3DS collection to focus on a Japanese system instead)

Digital: Not much

Usobuko

Banned
I'm about the same as OP ratio except slightly more ps4 games and slightly less wii u games.

The latter is still 2 times+ more. I guess my list of ps4 games would grew as the generation progresses.

Terribly, I have way more physical games than I want. Still stuck using my old gen systems because there aren't enough HD remasters of all the games I am actually playing.

Sora_N

I have 4 full retail PS4 games.

FFXIV digital
MGSV GZ phys
Witcher phys
Lego marvel

WiiU I have way more
Kirby
Mario 3dw
Smash
Lego City
hyrule warriors
Captain Toad (eshop)
Pikmin 3
Nintendoland

Fox Mulder

WiiU
Captain Toad
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Game & Wario
NES Remix
Super Smash Bros WiiU
ZombiU

XB1
forza 5
forza horizon 2
GTA 5
project cars
sunset overdrive

AllGamer

Not listing any PS+ or digital games

collectionsmall6pk6l.jpg

PS4:

Call of Duty: Ghosts
Fifa 14
Battlefield 4
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Killzone Shadow Fall
Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes
Wolfenstein: The New Order
The Last of Us: Remastered
Diablo 3
Metro Redux
Destiny
Fifa 15
Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor
DriveClub
Shadow Warrior
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Rayman Legends
Far Cry 4
Dragon Age Inquisition
Saints Row IV Re-elected + Gat Out of Hell
Infamous: Second Son
The Order: 1866
DmC: Definitve Edition
Bloodborne
Mortal Kombat X
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
Witcher 3 is on the way ;)

Wii U:

Bayonetta 1 + 2
New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U

jason00

Neo Member
I usually sell my games when I am done, although I regret doing that with all of my Nintendo software over the years -- I only kept my SNES software for some reason. I really want my copies of Dr Mario 64 and Banjo Tooie back. I own a lot more than I plan on keeping (the ones in my backlog* will be sold/traded when I am done with them) but right now I have:

WiiU - Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker, Wonderful 101 (Super Mario 3D World came pre-installed but I would prefer a physical copy)

XBox One - Sunset Overdrive

PS4 - The Witcher 3, Last of US Remastered, The Evil Within*, Lego Marvel Superheroes*, Shadow of Mordor*, Diablo III, Assassin's Creed Unity (need to play that DLC they gave out for free), Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes

That doesn't count digital -- I own all of the Telltale series digitally, Minecraft, D4, the Donkey Kong Country games (which were the only SNES games I sold) and probably a few that have slipped my mind.

Top Bottom