• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Huge Marvel Comics Digital Sale on Amazon - lots of stuff 90% off

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Feel like we need a book club thread as we start reading our haul. (Still pissed they ripped the sale down on Saturday, I planned to buy the Hickman FF/Avengers run leading to Secret War that morning then saw the price hike...)

Just finished Captain Marvel’s first trade. Good, but not smitten yet. It’s my first intro to the character and I feel like much of it infers some prior knowledge, but the story is self contained so far, just a lot of shrugging at certain names and event discussions. Two more to go though.

Halfway through Vision as well and it is indeed great. Will wrap it soon.

Bought a lot, so uncertain where to go after. Thinking Ms. Marvel or God Loves, Man Kills next.

GTI Guy

Which free comic should I get as my free promo? I only bought star wars comics and don't really care about comics TBH, but I'm up for a good story. :) The best would be something that doesn't require me to know much about the universe the story is set in and the story is contained in the one I pick up. Is that possible? LOL

Brandon F

Bump as Avengers digital comics are on sale for 80-90% again this weekend only.

(Perfect time to grab your Hickman collections if you missed out like I did.)

Bump as Avengers digital comics are on sale for 80-90% again this weekend only.

(Perfect time to grab your Hickman collections if you missed out like I did.)

I grabbed his FF run, and also Infinity.

Based on this Reddit thread, it looks like for Avengers I should then get:
Avengers vol. 1: Avengers World
New Avengers vol. 1: Everything Dies
Avengers vol. 2: The Last White Event
Avengers vol. 5: Adapt or Die
New Avengers vol. 3: Other Worlds
Avengers vol. 6: Infinite Avengers
New Avengers vol. 4: A Perfect World
Avengers: Time Runs Out vol. 1
Avengers: Time Runs Out vol. 2

Based on this chart, it looks like I'd be missing some Ultimate stuff, and the actual Secret Wars. Do I need those too?

PS I haven't even started the FF run, so this would be a blind faith buy on this Avengers run, if the above is correct.

Brandon F

I grabbed his FF run, and also Infinity.

Based on this Reddit thread, it looks like for Avengers I should then get:
Avengers vol. 1: Avengers World
New Avengers vol. 1: Everything Dies
Avengers vol. 2: The Last White Event
Avengers vol. 5: Adapt or Die
New Avengers vol. 3: Other Worlds
Avengers vol. 6: Infinite Avengers
New Avengers vol. 4: A Perfect World
Avengers: Time Runs Out vol. 1
Avengers: Time Runs Out vol. 2

Based on this chart, it looks like I'd be missing some Ultimate stuff, and the actual Secret Wars. Do I need those too?

PS I haven't even started the FF run, so this would be a blind faith buy on this Avengers run, if the above is correct.

Yea, I'm in the same boat and am about to pull the trigger on those Hickman Avengers/NA trades(minus the volumes that are also collected in Infinity). I missed getting the FF stuff on sale, so will hold off on getting those until hopefully they are discounted again.

A bit confusing really given how seemingly vast one can get when trying to collect all the Secret Wars stuff. I mean there is the 'Last Days of...' collection as well which takes place ahead the event and takes a quick look at some stories that occur right before things go bad for all.

There is another chart I saw that has so many more collections and issues that are all somewhat tied into this event(to the point of near insanity). But it really does seem most of the recommended reading checklists argue to stick to the Hickman stuff(at minimum the "Time Runs Out" trades as being most vital and critical). The FF/Avengers/NA run almost universally praised even outside the event constraints and are worth it if not in a rush to jump into Secret Wars ASAP.

Top Bottom